What creature would you love to see a TLC for?

WolfBrinkTV

What creature would you love to see a TLC for?

On the realistic end, I think the Ichthyosaurus deserves a nice rework. It's a beginner sea explorer that I think could benefit from some sort of utility feature, also the design is SEVERELY outdated in my opinion. Could definitely use a face lift!

On the unrealistic side, I would love to see a Reaper TLC. A little work with their facial features, and jump animation would be really nice! currently just feels like you're lag skipping through the air when you jump. Just so stiff. I LOVE reapers. I really wish they implemented some sort of Specialized breeding function for them to start competing against Rex's. Maybe when 2 reapers are near eachother with mating on they could grab and impregnate a dino which sacrifices it, or even impregnate the player again. Most likely make their stat mutations increase like Gigas in a way, super slow and minimal that way it would take a LONG time breeding to get mutations since Reapers are inherently pretty strong as is. Especially since you cant lay Hundreds of eggs at a time, a player can only carry and raise 1 baby at a time.

There's a lot of other's I'd list, just wanted to name two! How about you?

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

The carno could really use some love. And the Plessy, it is supposed to be like second tier to mosa , maybe 3rd or 4th if you add in squid and whales (for base game) but they're pretty weak sauce. 

Carno definitely could use it. Mount only has a use to low level players for maybe a day until they tame a Rex then its worthless. Outclassed by everything at that point.

Nessy's have always been meh. Not sure what they could do to them to beef them up. Possibly a pack bonus? They are notorious for being in pairs, so maybe when in pairs they could get some buffs. 

8 hours ago, WolfBrinkTV said:

Nessy's have always been meh. Not sure what they could do to them to beef them up. Possibly a pack bonus? They are notorious for being in pairs, so maybe when in pairs they could get some buffs. 

For that, @Erinn had a really nice suggestion here. Basically, let them strafe in water as Tapejaras can do in air.

5 hours ago, ConeyAW said:

Pretty sure the mega we have now is a TLC Mega already lol

Actually, it isn't :) You can see what creatures already got TLC here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/TLC_Pass

9 minutes ago, Buwaro said:

Spiders and bats,  spiders should be able use webbing like a grappling hook, and bats to be able to land on the ceiling, and for them both to be breedable

Oh, yes please!! :D❤️ 

BREEDING TO THE PEOPLE!! Please make all creatures breedable ?

Other than that, this is my list:

Mesopithecus: Please, please make it cute? ? Ovis, Otter, Jerboa and so many other creatures show how talented you are at making cute models. The meso is such a perfect candidate for that but it just looks scary.

Plesio: Another scary face. Also I really like Erinn's suggestion (as I wrote about above) about letting it strafe. It just looks like it should be able to!

Water dino platform saddles: Maybe not a dino TLC, but it's related - it'd be amazing to be able to build water tight structures on the plesio and mosa platform saddles. It only makes sense tbh, for us to be able to build water tight structures on water dino platform saddles!

Megaloceros: I can't believe they haven't fixed the holes in the female model yet!

Bronto: Speaking of fixing - the bronto desperately needs their animations fixed! Ofc the weird issues with their legs, but also the tail animation that looks super stiff and the walking animation that (even disregarding the leg issues) makes them look like they take ministeps and slide.

MISSING ABILITIES (imo):

Araneo: We have creatures able to climb walls and the spider can't!? Please make it able to climb walls and ceilings. It can be slow for all I care, but it should be able to. Also - they would be amazing with a zipline ability!

Ichthyosaurus: Another missing ability - there's a creature that can jump out of the water, but the dolphin can't? ? When dolphin's are the first creature one thinks about jumping out of the water!

Megalodon: Sharks can smell blood, so the wolves ability of spotting enemies with less than half the health would suit the Megas perfectly, imo. And since they're limited by water anyway, they could be better than the wolves are without being over powered.

Carbonemys: Doeds can retreat into it's shell, but the turtle can't? Think that's nuff said :P

Ankylosaurus: Doeds autoharvest, but Ankylos don't? I think they should :D 

All the creatures above are old and most are missing abilities. They would greatly benefit from a TLC! ❤️ 
PS. Cute meso? :D 

I think the Mosasaur needs a tlc, because it has really no special ability. Maybe it could have a devour ability where when a creature thats under 300 dragweight is under 20% health the mosa swallows it whole and instant kills it. This should have a cooldown. Maybe when a Tamed Mosa is near a raft it scares away all eels, jellyfish, and Leedishycthes. Excuse me for my bad spelling. But i think you know what I mean

Paracer - Reskin.

Trike

Giganotosaurus Reskin it.

Carno - Give it a more accurate bite. Reskin and lower the footstep sound.

Bronto - Reskin, make a bit faster.

Quetzal - Make it the best overall flyer since its the biggest. Give it the Argys weight bonus. Make it slightly faster but not as fast as ptera. Battle wise buff it just a tiny bit. Reskin it.

Pteranodon - needs a complete remake. Make it the fastest bird but weak in attack.Give it a dive attack. Make it weaker attack wise to make up for the other improvements.

Dunkleosteus - Make it faster and immune to Cinidarias and Electrophorus.

Ankylosaurus - Make it easier to get on it, now you have to press E at the exact spot on top of the saddle to be able to ride it. Bring back the bite attack farming metal.

Giganotosaurus - Reskin make it more badass looking.

The Quetz is probably the dino in most need of a TLC. It has been made obsolete by the last Argentavis TLC.

I personally would like to see a flyer overhaul to make all birds attractive in their own way.

Argentavis - Focus Battle bird, remove weight bonus?

Tapejara - Builder bird, reduce weight on structures in its inventory.

Mosasaur - Remove the bubble sound its so annoying. Needs a reskin to look more badass. Also make it immune to cinidaria dismount. Maybe a secondary attack?

Plesiosaur - Reskin, remove the bubble sound while using it and increase its AoE or give it a secondary attack of some sorts.

Tusoteuthis - Make it stop turning while you are engaged in a battle unless you actually want it to turn using the W,A,S,D.

Personally Id like to have specific uses for all birds and other dinos that makes you keep using them. As it is now in the game you just upgrade yourself with better tames and never ever touch the older less effective tames again.

Give em all a speciality and make it noticable!

17 hours ago, WolfBrinkTV said:

Carno definitely could use it. Mount only has a use to low level players for maybe a day until they tame a Rex then its worthless. Outclassed by everything at that point.

Their AOE could use some buffing, so could the brontos. There is a huge hole in the bronto attack in the middle of the tail that only gets things if the bronto is on a hill, makes berry harvesting tedious! you miss half the bushes!

Archived