Do rafts count towards the server dino limit?

GrumpyBear

That's my question, if each one takes a chunk out of a tribes dino limit - does it also count against the server's dino limit?

For example, say a tribe creates at least 3 separate tribes, then fills 2 or more of them w/ just rafts.  Would their tribes full of rafts take a chunk out of the total # of dinos people can have out on a fully populated server?

I believe so. I mean the game really does just view them as dinosaurs. So I'm pretty sure the devs just reimplemented a basic dino blue print when they made rafts (the way programming in unreal works is very node like, so you probably have a dino base node for rafts, raptors, etc, but other nodes ontop of those make them different from each other) this is why when cryopods first came out you could pod rafts. For rafts to not count towards that cap they would have to have some kind of exception in the code that say count up every dino except these, yet we know that exception doesn't exist for the tribe cap... why would they write one exception, yet not do the other?

12 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

That's my question, if each one takes a chunk out of a tribes dino limit - does it also count against the server's dino limit?

For example, say a tribe creates at least 3 separate tribes, then fills 2 or more of them w/ just rafts.  Would their tribes full of rafts take a chunk out of the total # of dinos people can have out on a fully populated server?

Yes. This will add up. The amount of rafts should be capped at 3 or something per tribe, in my opinion.

I find it disconcerting that people in the recent past had their dinos wiped because they had out a few too many featherlights or something simple.   Add to that, I believe it's against the rules to create multiple tribes to get around the dino limit on one server, though I could be wrong about that?

What really got me questioning this is...

254ACE0DC446DF3C27E56415F01C00F155606F0F

Apparently, according to Enforcer #%@ , this is not against the CoC.  This tribe has 3 separate tribes, so they could fill 2 of them completely with just rafts (48 so far).  They obviously have at least a third tribe to hold other dinos other than rafts....  But according to WC enforcement team, this is not against the CoC.  Evading tribe tame limit, spamming rafts... is all good.

14 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I find it disconcerting that people in the recent past had their dinos wiped because they had out a few too many featherlights or something simple.   Add to that, I believe it's against the rules to create multiple tribes to get around the dino limit on one server, though I could be wrong about that?

Apparently, according to Enforcer #%@ , this is not against the CoC.  This tribe has 3 separate tribes, so they could fill 2 of them completely with just rafts (48 so far).  They obviously have at least a third tribe to hold other dinos other than rafts....  But according to WC enforcement team, this is not against the CoC.  Evading tribe tame limit, spamming rafts... is all good.

That's weird. This should be deleted, it blocks pathways if this goes all around. Altho I seen some weird stuff being wiped tho.

Mate of us had some rollrats running around getting berries, they kept on breeding (automated mating is still an option, altho there's an extra option to mate on the spot. But, his fault apperently not WildCard nor its programmers). Another guy submitted a ticket, 24 hours all of the dinos wich where walking around got wiped. Not a single headsup, so I'm not surprised by this at all.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, GrumpyBear said:

"Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts" 

Right from the CoC. How that doesn't constitute is beyond me. Submit it again and hope another enforcer gets it.

40 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

"Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts" 

Right from the CoC. How that doesn't constitute is beyond me. Submit it again and hope another enforcer gets it.

It looks like a bridge. The problem with the coc on this one is the ambiguity regarding intent. They really ought to specifiy a number that would be to much, but then on the other hand if x amount of jerboas or what ever is to many, why not lower the dino cap?

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

It looks like a bridge. The problem with the coc on this one is the ambiguity regarding intent. They really ought to specifiy a number that would be to much, but then on the other hand if x amount of jerboas or what ever is to many, why not lower the dino cap?

Yea, alot of their decisions are case by case basis and whether the enforcer had oatmeal or eggs that morning. I mean they've wiped out full tames of people breeding for colors on glow pets. 

If this guy wants a bridge, build a bridge since it adds to nothing but his own structure count. Something like that, that affects the whole server, should be dealt with.

PvE raft limit count should be a thing or a raft should count for multiple tames to your tribe count (like built platform saddles). 

I've played awhile and never needed more than 2 rafts/motorboat on a server at once so a limit of 3 (which I seen above) sounds like a fair number.

first of all...

what does the bridge serve? from the screenshot we can't tell if it goes around or it leads somewhere.

if I'm the enforcer and I see its not blocking any pathway (in fact it seems its enabling more pathways) nor disrupting anything it then should be allowed to stay until proven to be an annoyance. when that happens submit a ticket and someone will re-evaluate it again.

if its something nice for the community at large, why put my foot down without mercy?

if this is about server dino limit then what is the current count now? how many tribes are unable to unpod their dinos?

other GMs may have done injustice or may have been portrayed to have executed punishment wrongly, but we should not always assume this is the norm or what we read on the forum. we should not be hoping to get what we want when we submit a ticket.

laws are guidelines. they are made to protect and to guide people what is not welcomed in a certain community. if it is illegal to be fat, but sumo wrestling is welcomed by the community, why go all out and arrest all sumo wrestlers? the law came about because gluttony is a problem when food is scarce. when food is in abundance indulgence is no longer frowned upon. cakes are ok after every meal.

4 hours ago, HiImZech said:

first of all...

what does the bridge serve? from the screenshot we can't tell if it goes around or it leads somewhere.

if I'm the enforcer and I see its not blocking any pathway (in fact it seems its enabling more pathways) nor disrupting anything it then should be allowed to stay until proven to be an annoyance. when that happens submit a ticket and someone will re-evaluate it again.

if its something nice for the community at large, why put my foot down without mercy?

if this is about server dino limit then what is the current count now? how many tribes are unable to unpod their dinos?

other GMs may have done injustice or may have been portrayed to have executed punishment wrongly, but we should not always assume this is the norm or what we read on the forum. we should not be hoping to get what we want when we submit a ticket.

laws are guidelines. they are made to protect and to guide people what is not welcomed in a certain community. if it is illegal to be fat, but sumo wrestling is welcomed by the community, why go all out and arrest all sumo wrestlers? the law came about because gluttony is a problem when food is scarce. when food is in abundance indulgence is no longer frowned upon. cakes are ok after every meal.

I sent 2 pics in the report the other shows a top view of it.  Basically it snakes between two separate platforms that were set up really really really far apart.  It means you have to raft really far around the area.  Those with out skiffs are just gonna hate life in that area.

Archived