Dododex

DoughBoy93

Dododex

Never cared for breeding but wanted to give it a go. My target is megatheriums so I can do gamma beta boss battles. not sure they can do alpha brood ?‍♂️

So dododex give you the stats pre tame but why not for after tame I just dont get why they have not implemented that into there app.

So basically I'm asking if there is anything out there that tells you this information.

A phone app would be best and more convenient for me.

THere is no phone app for this.  You have to use Ark Smart Breeder, there's a link to the site for it in the forums here. 

The reason it doesn't work after tame is because there is a bonus added to the melee you get on a tame based on the taming effectiveness.   Say for example, you tame 2 ankys, both with exactly the same stats.

One of them you do a really good job taming w/ kibble and it gets the best treatment until tamed.  THen it gets 40 points in melee and it's like 380%(#s not correct , just example).

The other you ran out of kibble and gave it some crops to finish off, so it got a lower effectiveness.  THis anky gets 40 pts in melee also, but it shows only 364%.

Now here's the kicker, when you breed these two ankys and the babies inherit the 40 pts in melee from each of them respectively, both sets of babies will have the exact same melee at 381.

This is why dododex can't really tell you the right answers after tame, because it's way more in depth than just 40 = x% . 

16 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

THere is no phone app for this.  You have to use Ark Smart Breeder, there's a link to the site for it in the forums here. 

The reason it doesn't work after tame is because there is a bonus added to the melee you get on a tame based on the taming effectiveness.   Say for example, you tame 2 ankys, both with exactly the same stats.

One of them you do a really good job taming w/ kibble and it gets the best treatment until tamed.  THen it gets 40 points in melee and it's like 380%(#s not correct , just example).

The other you ran out of kibble and gave it some crops to finish off, so it got a lower effectiveness.  THis anky gets 40 pts in melee also, but it shows only 364%.

Now here's the kicker, when you breed these two ankys and the babies inherit the 40 pts in melee from each of them respectively, both sets of babies will have the exact same melee at 381.

This is why dododex can't really tell you the right answers after tame, because it's way more in depth than just 40 = x% . 

Thanks for the info.

Surprised it's not been put in a easy to use phone app for convenience ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Thanks for the info.

Surprised it's not been put in a easy to use phone app for convenience ?‍♂️

Maybe with this global shutdown someone will find the time :)

There's challenges to it though, ASB can actually read files generated by the game for you on each animal, so it can be exact without having to guess, although it can do that as well and it's usually pretty correct , but not 100%.  The issue with it being phone based is, you would either need to know exactly the taming effectiveness it had upon finishing or else the program would really have to guess and there would be times it just wouldn't work.  ASB can even fail when it uses the game files because there's times the game puts out bugged information as well.  

For example taming a ferox, their bonus levels upon tame sometimes doesn't show up, but the stats will be correct as if it got the bonus levels.  Pod the creature and the bonus levels will show up.  I tamed a 130, it came out...130, but w/ the stats of a 195.  I podded it, it became 195.  But I put out the data before i podded it, and it gave a conflicting report to the program. 

Phone app would be sweet but it probably would be unreliable quite often without being able to read the data output saved on your PC.  There aren't too many easy ways to solve that.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, DoughBoy93 said:

Dododex

Never cared for breeding but wanted to give it a go. My target is megatheriums so I can do gamma beta boss battles. not sure they can do alpha brood ?‍♂️

So dododex give you the stats pre tame but why not for after tame I just dont get why they have not implemented that into there app.

So basically I'm asking if there is anything out there that tells you this information.

A phone app would be best and more convenient for me.

Megas work but why not just start rexs? They can do brood just as well if not better and can be used for the ape also. I love my megas but honestly rex is just a better option albeit longer to tame and breed.

If all you want to do is spider megas will be fine but if you plan on jumping to ape next you may want to reconsider. Not trying to be disparaging just dont want you wasting time breeding if you dont like to breed, just to have to breed rexs anyways.

12 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Megas work but why not just start rexs? They can do brood just as well if not better and can be used for the ape also. I love my megas but honestly rex is just a better option albeit longer to tame and breed.

If all you want to do is spider megas will be fine but if you plan on jumping to ape next you may want to reconsider. Not trying to be disparaging just dont want you wasting time breeding if you dont like to breed, just to have to breed rexs anyways.

What health and damage stat should I be trying for in the Rex's?

So far on the megas I've got 6k hp and 356 damage not sure if that's decent

On 4/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, GrumpyBear said:

For example taming a ferox, their bonus levels upon tame sometimes doesn't show up, but the stats will be correct as if it got the bonus levels.  Pod the creature and the bonus levels will show up.  I tamed a 130, it came out...130, but w/ the stats of a 195.  I podded it, it became 195.  But I put out the data before i podded it, and it gave a conflicting report to the program. 

Indeed this is correct. I always tought you had to breed the females immediatly to get the stats, but they had them all along ?

Too give an example, i bred my lvl145 fem (pretame so about 65 invisible points) with a lvl 140pt male and got a lvl 236 baby, so when bred the levels show up.

8 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

What health and damage stat should I be trying for in the Rex's?

So far on the megas I've got 6k hp and 356 damage not sure if that's decent

For rexs 10k hp and 380 melee with good saddles should be good for alpha. Just level them alot first and a yuti would be recommended. Your HP lvled will depend on what saddle armor you can get.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, DoughBoy93 said:

Heya. I'm the developer of Dododex. Post-tame stats are a lot of work. It's not just a matter of making a few small tweaks. Post-tame stats are pretty complicated.  

I'm a one-person team, but I'm hoping to get to post-tame stats in the future after I work on breeding features.

If you know anyone with Javascript experience who's interested in building a calculator, let me know! I'm looking to hire someone! :)

On 5/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, danleveille said:

Heya. I'm the developer of Dododex. Post-tame stats are a lot of work. It's not just a matter of making a few small tweaks. Post-tame stats are pretty complicated.  

I'm a one-person team, but I'm hoping to get to post-tame stats in the future after I work on breeding features.

If you know anyone with Javascript experience who's interested in building a calculator, let me know! I'm looking to hire someone! :)

Why not just shoot the guy who made Ark Smart Breeder a message and collab/combine forces? Dododex is super convenient in the pocket back lacks the depth of Smart Breeder, and Smart Breeder is super in depth with breeding plans and post tame stats etc. but inconveniently PC only. I use both a lot, but have a huge storage of dinosaurs I can't be bothered breeding because dododex doesn't help since they're tamed, and I can't be bothered turning on PC, taking photo of stats and entering them into Smart Breeder (when console version of Ark ). If there was a collab app that did both on the phone it would be perfect. 

Archived