DarkEliteH2

[ARK Unofficial PC] Unable to transfer/download character

[ARK Unofficial PC] Unable to transfer/download character

I could REALLY use some help here with an issue I've been having for the past hour or two.

I transferred from Ragnarok (main map) to Extinction, on accident, then immediately transferred to Aberration. I did a poly run there for 15-20 minutes, and went to transfer back to Ragnarok. At first, it was going well; the spawn map came up, showing all my beds available to spawn at. Clicked on a bed, clicked spawn character, and.......cuts to new character screen. Clicked on the downloaded survivors tab, and my character isn't there.

I go back to Aberration, my character is available to download. So I try another map. Same scenario. I cannot transfer my character off of Aberration.

Some methods I've tried to fix, but have failed:

- Create new character on Rag, try to overwrite new character with existing

- Create new character on Rag, transfer to Ab, but do not overwrite existing character

- Fast-travel to another bed

- Forced upload of character (quit out of game before transfer process finishes)

- Join new, unrelated server to download character from the cloud (unsure how or why, but was suggested to me)

I will be linking a vid to the process of how I am trying to download my character, but otherwise, ending back up on the new character screen. Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated~

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgNriVupKKy2ljJPSPuIl4R2iYmb

Update: My bf has just also transferred to Ab after leaving Extinction to grab my stuff, and now he can no longer transfer to Rag as well.

PLEASE, if anyone has had a similar issue and has found a fix, we really need to know. Has this been ongoing like this? Has WC recognized this issue?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Blipper said:

Having same issue on our unofficial cluster. Tried everything, character stuck on Ragnarok..tried all the above and it’s happened to about 20-30 people on there too. Wildcard need to pull there fingers out

That’s scary if it’s happening on other maps too. Aberration has its problems but this is sounding like a WC server wide issue. Have you put in a support ticket for this as well?

Edited by DarkEliteH2

Update: Another friend of mine transferred to Ab as well to see if it will affect him as well, and...well the story really doesn’t change from there. It’s sounding like a serious WC server issue or something

5 hours ago, Jasonakagecko said:

Just had it happen to me on my cluster transfer from Val (main) to island to do alpha overseer and then after the fight we could not transfer back with the same bug you have it’s arks problem

Definitely put in a support ticket as well if you haven’t. The more attention this is given the quicker the devs can respond to it. Sounds like this is a recent bug (at least I hope so 😂)