Building on/near Spawn Points

Myrm

Building on/near Spawn Points

How close can you place buildings to a spawn point? 

I have visited a couple of servers in which has been built a wall around the coastline of the tip of the land where south 1 spawn zone is, effectively allowing somebody to spawn in an enclosed area. I guess this could be used maliciously (block somebody in with no means of escape), or protectively (provide an unlocked door.)

But how close can you actually build to the spawn point? What would happen if a building was placed directly on, or too close too, the spawn point?

My purpose in asking is that on my server somebody has built a hut very close to the spawn point, and so I was curious as to the effects of building over, or too close to, the spawn point.

Thank you. 

• 11 months later...
On 4/18/2020 at 8:55 AM, Thyme said:

Theres no limit to how close you can build, many people have 30 behemoth gates trapping an entire spawnpoint. Players will not respawn on a foundation though, thats the only limitation i know of :P

I just had a guy contact me on xbox chat saying he was stuck in my base and that If enough people complained that I could get in trouble with Wildcard. I am new to building my own bases since I started on Rag with an established group. What is the best way to make my base neighbor/spawn friendly without tearing it all down or leaving myself open to jerks that like to turn my generator off? Someone mentioned PIN'ing my doors

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, AjaxSevine said:

I just had a guy contact me on xbox chat saying he was stuck in my base and that If enough people complained that I could get in trouble with Wildcard. I am new to building my own bases since I started on Rag with an established group. What is the best way to make my base neighbor/spawn friendly without tearing it all down or leaving myself open to jerks that like to turn my generator off? Someone mentioned PIN'ing my doors

He's right. You can't block spawn points.

Just leave a ramp or ladder on the inside of your walls for them to get out. Easy.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:55 AM, Thyme said:

Theres no limit to how close you can build, many people have 30 behemoth gates trapping an entire spawnpoint. Players will not respawn on a foundation though, thats the only limitation i know of :P

lol, I've heard of people getting enforcement action just for having that many b gates, let alone wraping a spawn point, that'd be double trouble...

On 3/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Just leave a ramp or ladder on the inside of your walls for them to get out. Easy.

weird, on the legacy server I got to play, a lot of the spawn points was blocked. I had to kill myself off constantly if I got a bad spawn inside those areas. =/

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

weird, on the legacy server I got to play, a lot of the spawn points was blocked. I had to kill myself off constantly if I got a bad spawn inside those areas. =/

Ya it's against the rules but not easily enforced. People have to complain about it.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:49 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

The image in my mind of bobs climbing a ladder up a beh gate and not having a ladder going down the other side leaping to their deaths is hilarious. 

• 3 months later...

im currently giving away free dinos and alot of people have to transfer over to my server (official pve pc), but im constantly bugged with "im stuck in a base at spawn"
it appears at least 3 tribes in my server have put up bases on spawnpoints where players spawn inside foundations with gear and have no way of getting out.
these are old established tribes that are very well aware of the issue. one even patched the spot with wood while the rest of his base is stone.
so he saw one stuck, helped him, then patched the hole again. 10 bodies stuck inside of it.
they dont care. asocial behauviour.
relying on players to keep spawns free is not a solution because its not gonna happen in many cases.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:09 AM, AjaxSevine said:

Test it yourself,not very hard to kill yourself then spawn into the problem location. 

This is one of the main reasons I don't play PvE do to all the blocked spawn points and how the Devs seem to give PvE players a chance to correct the issue that can take weeks or months but on PvP it's an automatic map wide Dev wipe sometimes within a few hours.  Back in no tek no tame on legacy we got a full map wide dev wipe on our tribe for blocking spawns about 3 hours after the player bragged about placing in a ticket.

Folks misunderstand, in my experience I spawn in STUCK INSIDE their pillar, foundataion, ect. "Floating" ...you can't eat spoiled meat/poop you CANNOT kill yourself except allowing your char to starve because...rain tends to keep you from thirst. And good luck with that if you have a high health bar. On Genesis, you cannot even access your HLNA.

A*bleep*HOLES that are F*bleep*ing P*bleep*ks building on spawn locations deserve to have whatever is in ...say a 20 foundation radius BLOCKING said spawn points ......be deleted on their first grievance, second grievance; EVERY THING in that tribes name goes, third..... eff them, delete every char in said tribe.

But, that is me ranting because I am currently waiting to die after scouting a server with a throw away and thought the spawns were good until I transferred in with my main char loaded with gear and tames. Going to loose those now.

3 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

Folks misunderstand, in my experience I spawn in STUCK INSIDE their pillar, foundataion, ect. "Floating" ...you can't eat spoiled meat/poop you CANNOT kill yourself except allowing your char to starve because...rain tends to keep you from thirst. And good luck with that if you have a high health bar. On Genesis, you cannot even access your HLNA.

A*bleep*HOLES that are F*bleep*ing P*bleep*ks building on spawn locations deserve to have whatever is in ...say a 20 foundation radius BLOCKING said spawn points ......be deleted on their first grievance, second grievance; EVERY THING in that tribes name goes, third..... eff them, delete every char in said tribe.

But, that is me ranting because I am currently waiting to die after scouting a server with a throw away and thought the spawns were good until I transferred in with my main char loaded with gear and tames. Going to loose those now.

Just dev wipe everything that they have on the first grievance, If there was a chance that they could lose everything they have built and tamed would they still build on spawns, probably not. Wildcard should govern this on PvE the same way that they do it on PvP, if people can't be bothered to read the rules and game with common sense then it is their own fault.

Archived