New players not welcome on official servers.

Horrod82

Hi,

I have only just started playing ark and I don’t mind getting raided by other tribes in the same server but the makers of this game should stop server hoppers who wipe out everything in their path and then just keep moving from server to server doing the same thing. If you want to join a different server you should start back at the beginning. I can see why a lot of people don’t play on official servers.

Just picture it like one huuuuge map.... you and I are both small fish.... and on our server there is a bigger fish.... the advantage to those other servers coming to your server, is that they keep the alphas on your server paying attention to them, and to other servers.... without the server transfers, your alphas would just eat you, instead of the other servers.... My advice, just stay off the beach xD

You might want to try PVE instead of PvP if you want to play to tame and build structures more interesting than a box. Folks who try pulling crap like kiting animals to other tribe's bases or griefing players will find themselves quickly banned for their actions. Keep in mind, the older servers have well-established tribes and many areas, especially in the starter zones claimed. Still, on the right server with the right folks you can have a lot of fun with a good community.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:25 PM, Horrod82 said:

Hi,

I have only just started playing ark and I don’t mind getting raided by other tribes in the same server but the makers of this game should stop server hoppers who wipe out everything in their path and then just keep moving from server to server doing the same thing. If you want to join a different server you should start back at the beginning. I can see why a lot of people don’t play on official servers.

They very specifically SHOULD NOT prevent server hopping. If they did that then the alphas of any given server would NEVER be defeated. It is the ability to transfer servers that allows players to keep their best characters and hopefully their tames as the look for a safe place to work while at the same time making it so that alpha tribes can war with each other. If the alphas on your server could not leave to fight alphas on other servers they will fight with you.. and you will lose. They will never allow you to build up and you will become, at best their slaves. 

If you survive more than a month you will come to understand this. 

You don’t even have to be a new player no matter the experience you have you will get wiped wild card knows the Offical servers are raptored up right now we’ve had these servers out 2+ years and they still haven’t came out with new ones so it’s impossible for anyone to get anywhere and they keep coming out with more and more broken tames that makes it to hard to defend so just don’t waste your time of Offical. The only way to be able to build up is if you personally know the alphas and they let you build.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:33 PM, catnip said:

You might want to try PVE instead of PvP if you want to play to tame and build structures more interesting than a box. Folks who try pulling crap like kiting animals to other tribe's bases or griefing players will find themselves quickly banned for their actions. Keep in mind, the older servers have well-established tribes and many areas, especially in the starter zones claimed. Still, on the right server with the right folks you can have a lot of fun with a good community.

thats what i was going to say. PVP is not the place to start off

On 4/18/2020 at 2:44 AM, FreelancerKnux said:

If you can see why people don't play official then maybe you should play a different mode too. Attacks from different servers are part of the challenge and won't be leaving so you need to come to peace with it.

I only want to play on an official server as pve is rubbish as you can’t destroy buildings and a non-dedicated server is boring as you are tethered to the host and with the admin cheat you can get access to almost everything without having to earn it.

I Like a challenge but when it’s you with a knife and they have got a level 334 Dino, you might as well find another server. Oh hang on a sec there tribe is on this one too or another tribe has a level 300 plus Dino you might as well find another server.... and so on, and so on.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:04 AM, Drinkinthepink said:

Just picture it like one huuuuge map.... you and I are both small fish.... and on our server there is a bigger fish.... the advantage to those other servers coming to your server, is that they keep the alphas on your server paying attention to them, and to other servers.... without the server transfers, your alphas would just eat you, instead of the other servers.... My advice, just stay off the beach xD

In my short time playing the game, if they take on the alpha’s or not, they will just go round and destroy everything in the server that they can find.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:33 AM, catnip said:

We have a good community on a server but there is no way to stop getting wiped out or even put up a decent fight against them.

10 hours ago, Horrod82 said:

I only want to play on an official server as pve is rubbish as you can’t destroy buildings and a non-dedicated server is boring as you are tethered to the host and with the admin cheat you can get access to almost everything without having to earn it.

I Like a challenge but when it’s you with a knife and they have got a level 334 Dino, you might as well find another server. Oh hang on a sec there tribe is on this one too or another tribe has a level 300 plus Dino you might as well find another server.... and so on, and so on.

Well stop playing then 

On 4/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

They very specifically SHOULD NOT prevent server hopping. If they did that then the alphas of any given server would NEVER be defeated. It is the ability to transfer servers that allows players to keep their best characters and hopefully their tames as the look for a safe place to work while at the same time making it so that alpha tribes can war with each other. If the alphas on your server could not leave to fight alphas on other servers they will fight with you.. and you will lose. They will never allow you to build up and you will become, at best their slaves. 

If you survive more than a month you will come to understand this. 

Well said. I remember the days before transfers and servers back then quickly became very stale because you would end up with 1 or 2 large tribes who would naturally ally with each other and then they would effectively lock down the server. The only possible actions in response were guerrilla warfare but the damage you could do was fairly limited and certainly not enough to really break them. Servers transfers are a good thing.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:13 AM, DallanARK said:

Personally I am the complete opposite, I don't like PvP on a home server, I think it's more intelligent to go raid another server.

It's the smart way to play, ideally you want to have your main loot storing base on a server that is reliably friendly. My group are quite monstrous on other servers but on our home server we are like passive angels for appearances sake. Works well.

Archived