Stop Deleting Max LVL Dinos and Add a XP/Level Cap or Warning

Charyzard

Suggestion

Stop Deleting Max LVL Dinos and Add a XP/Level Cap or Warning

I woke up to find one of my rexes just gone, and it turns out after lvl 450 your dino is "max level" and just disappears when you log off.

I had 0 clue that this was a thing.

There is nothing in the game to let players know of this. Players unknowingly delete their dinos.

Why even delete them in the first place? What is the point? You level a dinosaur all the way up to 450 not knowing they will get deleted and then its a surprise your dino that you worked to level up is gone?

Why not put in a simple level or XP cap. Once your dino gets to 450 then it cannot earn anymore XP and it cannot level up anymore. Simple solution.

Or if you really want to keep the whole "deleting dinos at max lvl" thing, ADD A WARNING. I guarantee a lot of players have no idea this is a thing. I'm sure a lot of players who have been playing the game a long time are smart enough to cap their dino's level at 449, but unless you specifically do some Googling on max dino level, there is nothing to warn you. I've noticed there's now a warning before you eat a wyvern egg "Are you sure you want to do this?", add this for when a dino is about to be leveled up to max level so people are actually AWARE they are about to delete their dino once they log off.

5 replies to this server topic

On 4/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Just don’t delete them, make a cap!

That's what I'm saying, what's the point of deleting them. Just cap the levels so people can keep their dinos it really doesn't make sense.

If their plan was to delete max level dinos so nobody has them or so that space is freed up on servers like....people are just gonna cap them themselves at 449. I can't see any point to deleting them. 

26 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is a well known hard cap for official servers. Unlikely to be changed.

People breed low stats into their dinos for things like oxygen to lower the level.

Well known to people who probably have been playing a long time, but I play solo on PVE. I had 0 clue and I doubt I'm not the only one. They shouldn't have a feature like this without making sure players are aware of it.

It is something you either find out through Google, find out from tribemates, or find out from experience like I just did. I've played more singleplayer than multiplayer, I've been playing solo PVE for a few months now, and I just now found out.

"oh well its well known and its been a feature for forever" is pretty much saying "well newer or solo players just have to delete one of their dinos and find out like the rest of us".

It would take 0 effort to just implement a "Your dino is about to meet max level and will be despawn, are you sure you wish to proceed" message before you level them up that last level. 

Archived