Aquatic TLC's

Shayaan21

Suggestion

Aquatic TLC's

Who else thinks that the aquatic dinos should be shown more love. Especially things like the megaladon, you know how sharks in real life can smell blood from over 3 miles away? I think that the megaledon should be able to detect corpes or injured creatures. And maybe give the plesiosaur a TLC maybe swim faster and a bit bigger, in real life plesiosars could be up to 45 feet long, in ark they are 2 survivors tall. 

7 replies to this server topic

Agreed, I believe, the ocean, should not only have its current creatures given TLC’s nerfs and buffs, but also to add many more creatures and even biomes to the aquatic... cus currently there is river, lake, ocean and trench, Which makes it boring, maybe add a coral reef or something, and lessen the sharks and make something else exsist, like maybe more types of fish and marlins and barracudas and stuff, and TLC for shark.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

Isn’t that kind of what I said, more biomes creature, TLC I might not have mentioned the items and such though...

I was simply trying to highlight that it should include items to build with and structures to use under and upon the water and also agree that the other items are needed as well. 

Seriously though, if you look at the history of ocean/water building and crafting... It is pretty sad. We have the underwater pods of sorts, but they aren't easily used for building as they items used for building in game are of a different size such as stairs and the like. Rafts/boats haven't changed. Lighting is nearly non-existent. 

I almost think they simply need to create an ocean based map that would include all those items and more. This way they not only have a way and reason to introduce it all, but that it could be an easy way reason to focus on such changes. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

I was simply trying to highlight that it should include items to build with and structures to use under and upon the water and also agree that the other items are needed as well. 

Seriously though, if you look at the history of ocean/water building and crafting... It is pretty sad. We have the underwater pods of sorts, but they aren't easily used for building as they items used for building in game are of a different size such as stairs and the like. Rafts/boats haven't changed. Lighting is nearly non-existent. 

I almost think they simply need to create an ocean based map that would include all those items and more. This way they not only have a way and reason to introduce it all, but that it could be an easy way reason to focus on such changes.

I’m looking into moding ark especially map making, maybe I can try to make something... if you got the dev kit you could help too.

Not sure how I could share mod without publishing it on steam but it could work, if so pm me your steam friend code.

26 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I’m looking into moding ark especially map making, maybe I can try to make something... if you got the dev kit you could help too.

Not sure how I could share mod without publishing it on steam but it could work, if so pm me your steam friend code.

Unfortunately I do not play the steam version of the game, nor any steam games at this point. So downloading the dev kit and attempting to create something I cannot use with the method I currently play... Doesn't really make a lot of sense at this point in time. Perhaps if I switch over at some point, but as it is, I have no plans to do so. 

Personally I think this needs to stretch a bit further than simply running an Aquatic Creature TLC - the entire Biome needs some work. 

Now they did add life to the waters with the Genesis Ocean Biome - but they didn't add much in the way of new creatures, new items to build with, new boats to travel it with, or new suits you could use to travel through it. 

It was pretty, but at the end of the day, all we received were two new platforms, a giant turtle, the little fish to tame said turtle, and an underwater boss. No improvement on the underwater pods, nothing new to add to them, no new lighting, no upgraded scuba set, and no new way to float on top of it all. You would think by now they could have improved upon the "Raft". Even Primitive Plus at least has a dingy... 

Not that an Aquatic TLC is a bad idea. All the water-creatures need a little work. 

So I would have to say that I agree and simply hope that the ocean gets even more someday. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Personally I think this needs to stretch a bit further than simply running an Aquatic Creature TLC - the entire Biome needs some work. 

Now they did add life to the waters with the Genesis Ocean Biome - but they didn't add much in the way of new creatures, new items to build with, new boats to travel it with, or new suits you could use to travel through it. 

It was pretty, but at the end of the day, all we received were two new platforms, a giant turtle, the little fish to tame said turtle, and an underwater boss. No improvement on the underwater pods, nothing new to add to them, no new lighting, no upgraded scuba set, and no new way to float on top of it all. You would think by now they could have improved upon the "Raft". Even Primitive Plus at least has a dingy... 

Not that an Aquatic TLC is a bad idea. All the water-creatures need a little work. 

So I would have to say that I agree and simply hope that the ocean gets even more someday. 

Isn’t that kind of what I said, more biomes creature, TLC I might not have mentioned the items and such though...

Archived