Excessive Pillaring

G00NTARD

1 hour ago, G00NTARD said:

nope PVE

Which of these does the pillaring violate? 

From code of conduct:

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

• Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)

• Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts

• Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

• Leaving tames in mission areas or blocking mission areas with tames

> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

39 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

Sounds like Structure Spamming to me. Even if this isn't specifically in the CoC, it should be. It's not fair to everyone else, and makes it very stressful for new players, since the beginner zones are typically the ones that are completely pillared off.

14 minutes ago, Choppaz said:

Sounds like Structure Spamming to me. Even if this isn't specifically in the CoC, it should be. It's not fair to everyone else, and makes it very stressful for new players, since the beginner zones are typically the ones that are completely pillared off.

But you would have to prove  motivation to prove that rule is being violated. "For the purpose of disrupting others game play.

There are many legit reasons for pillaring. If you ever made the experience to get a crazy big borg cube filled with hundreds of dinos in the render range of your base ... then you will do the same.

Pillaring resource zones is a good thing, that prevents newbies from building foundations there, which prevents respawn. If a tribe pillars a large area but 80 % of their area is resource area, then you can't count that in.

The spamming of ocean platforms can also only be prevented with large scale pillaring of seaground.

I'm in for a drastic reduction of the structure limit to prevent all that crap but doesn't looks like the limit will be changed.

so what i have taken from a few of your comments is yall pillar like wild and block people from being able to build a base and enjoy the game. its against the TOS in two different spots.

1. Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

by pillaring you are denying another tribe access to the land to build and play the game. especially when u have more than 90% of one area pillared.

2.Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

by pillaring to the excess they have pillared you are disrupting others gameplay by not allowing them to build a base and play the game.

so i dont understand yalls arguements 

2 minutes ago, G00NTARD said:

so what i have taken from a few of your comments is yall pillar like wild and block people from being able to build a base and enjoy the game. its against the TOS in two different spots.

1. Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

by pillaring you are denying another tribe access to the land to build and play the game. especially when u have more than 90% of one area pillared.

2.Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

by pillaring to the excess they have pillared you are disrupting others gameplay by not allowing them to build a base and play the game.

Yalls argument is op reported it to devs and devs wont do anything about it.

19 minutes ago, G00NTARD said:

Access and the ability to build aren't the same thing.

17 minutes ago, ItWasntMe said:

It might be disrupting your gameplay, but you cannot prove that was their motivation. Their motivation was more likely to protect resources.

Noob Rules.
1) Spawn in, take 5 steps, starts building.
2) See another tribes base, see how close you can place a structure.
3) Complain they have to look for more than 30 seconds to find a building site.

4) Builds 20 thatched huts all over map
5) Leaves spikes all over the map to protect tames, complains about not having wood gatherer.

6) Ruins metal spawns with thatched huts

7) still cant understand people pillaring

6 minutes ago, Dezes1 said:

Noob Rules.

5) Leaves spikes all over the map to protect tames, complains about not having wood gatherer.

Or better still land obsessive noobs.....Build a base then pillar everything you see and what you cant see so no one else can build a thing. 

6 minutes ago, Dezes1 said:

Noob Rules.

noob?? ha i have over 4k hours i know how pillar resources works. and i spent 8 hours tryin to find somewhere to build and everything was literally pillared off. but nice try bud you should prob ask ppl how long they have played before u start making assumptions, or u can continue to look like an idiot on the forums ha

1 minute ago, G00NTARD said:

noob?? ha i have over 4k hours i know how pillar resources works. and i spent 8 hours tryin to find somewhere to build and everything was literally pillared off. but nice try bud you should prob ask ppl how long they have played before u start making assumptions, or u can continue to look like an idiot on the forums ha

Ye i have over 8k hours so im no noob either and im sick to the back teeth of these land hungry noobs.

There is always enough free land on all maps ... but not at the beaches.

Beach bases are crap, they are only good for beginners. All advanced players have their bases near metal fields or in areas where the interesting dinos spawn ... and that is not the beach area.

At the beach you have stealing seagulls, trampling brontos, low resources and boring dinos. Forget that. Check places near metal fields, you will always find an empty spot there.

2 minutes ago, Zapha said:

There is always enough free land on all maps ... but not at the beaches.

Beach bases are crap, they are only good for beginners. All advanced players have their bases near metal fields or in areas where the interesting dinos spawn ... and that is not the beach area.

At the beach you have stealing seagulls, trampling brontos, low resources and boring dinos. Forget that. Check places near metal fields, you will always find an empty spot there.

No thre isnt enough land all thats left is what the land hungry noob didnt want which isnt much.

4 hours ago, G00NTARD said:

1: Obstructing pathways is blocking the pathways. For example, placing down behemoth gates to completely block a path so no other players can have access. Pillars have nothing to do with this.

2: This is specifically about Wires and pipes. Pipes have no distance limitation from other players, so you can literally go to someones base and "Pipe their base". Which is where you place down hundreds of pipes in front of their doors and all over their base. Again, this is nothing to do with pillars.

The answer to your question on getting past this issue is the same for everyone. I just started on PC 2 weeks ago from PS4 from scratch and got by just fine.

First step is don't start on a server that has  ALOT of active players during prime time. Scout server player count one night. Then do the following:

Build a 2x2 box in a little free spot near a beach, tame a Flier (or a decent equipped ground mount) then proceed to explore the map and find a decent main base location. Theres ALWAYS a spot somewhere. Build up from there, get friendly with the server, get your name known, then if you see a piece of land you want pillared but not lived upon down the road, see if they will either let you have it, or buy it from them for X amount of ingots or dinos.

It's the nature of the beast in PVE, but it's easily doable.

1 hour ago, WolfBrinkTV said:

1: Obstructing pathways is blocking the pathways. For example, placing down behemoth gates to completely block a path so no other players can have access. Pillars have nothing to do with this.

2: This is specifically about Wires and pipes. Pipes have no distance limitation from other players, so you can literally go to someones base and "Pipe their base". Which is where you place down hundreds of pipes in front of their doors and all over their base. Again, this is nothing to do with pillars.

The answer to your question on getting past this issue is the same for everyone. I just started on PC 2 weeks ago from PS4 from scratch and got by just fine.

First step is don't start on a server that has  ALOT of active players during prime time. Scout server player count one night. Then do the following:

Build a 2x2 box in a little free spot near a beach, tame a Flier (or a decent equipped ground mount) then proceed to explore the map and find a decent main base location. Theres ALWAYS a spot somewhere. Build up from there, get friendly with the server, get your name known, then if you see a piece of land you want pillared but not lived upon down the road, see if they will either let you have it, or buy it from them for X amount of ingots or dinos.

It's the nature of the beast in PVE, but it's easily doable.

Actually structure spamming counts to pillars and that is the reason used before when enforcement team removes pillar spam. I have reported multiple such cases and 95% of times they have been removed. Depending on situation. 

Archived