2 Characters: Same Name, different maps: Questions

JetJaguar

Heya folks. Some quick questions on this: I have 2 characters with the same exact name, on 2 different maps. We'll call one: JetJag-Island and the other JetJag-Genesis. I made the Genesis one to try to level up a crafter character as so many people have one rather then constantly swapping mindwipes. JetJag-Island has ascended and killed all the bosses on Alpha. JetJag-Genesis has not but was invited to do Alpha boss runs this weekend and ascend on the same Island JetJag-Island is on. Here are my questions:

1. If JetJag-Island leaves the island server hes on to visit another server for a day, can JetJag-Genesis visit the same Island server hes on?
  2. Can a tribemate on the Island invite JetJag-Genesis to the same tribe JetJag-Island is leader of?
  3. Will the same name ruin/mess anything up in theTribe or does each survivor have some type of code or programming to them that makes each one unique regardless of the name?
  4. I dont want JetJag-Genesis to be a new admin but want him to be able to use anything on the Island that JetJag-Island has in the tribe; if JetJag-Genesis is invited by the tribemate while JetJag-Island is off the Island, will JetJag-Genesis be able to use tek, dinos, etc like a normal tribemate?
  5. What would happen if JetJag-Island tried to come back to the Island if JetJag-Genesis is logged off in the base there?

Sorry if this seems confusion and thank you for the answers/input..

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/17/2020 at 6:54 AM, JetJaguar said:

Heya folks. Some quick questions on this: I have 2 characters with the same exact name, on 2 different maps. We'll call one: JetJag-Island and the other JetJag-Genesis. I made the Genesis one to try to level up a crafter character as so many people have one rather then constantly swapping mindwipes. JetJag-Island has ascended and killed all the bosses on Alpha. JetJag-Genesis has not but was invited to do Alpha boss runs this weekend and ascend on the same Island JetJag-Island is on. Here are my questions:

1. If JetJag-Island leaves the island server hes on to visit another server for a day, can JetJag-Genesis visit the same Island server hes on?
  2. Can a tribemate on the Island invite JetJag-Genesis to the same tribe JetJag-Island is leader of?
  3. Will the same name ruin/mess anything up in theTribe or does each survivor have some type of code or programming to them that makes each one unique regardless of the name?
  4. I dont want JetJag-Genesis to be a new admin but want him to be able to use anything on the Island that JetJag-Island has in the tribe; if JetJag-Genesis is invited by the tribemate while JetJag-Island is off the Island, will JetJag-Genesis be able to use tek, dinos, etc like a normal tribemate?
  5. What would happen if JetJag-Island tried to come back to the Island if JetJag-Genesis is logged off in the base there?

Sorry if this seems confusion and thank you for the answers/input..

This won't cause any issue. You can have dozens of characters with the same name within your tribe and they are all differently handled since they have a different implant ID. You can invite a new char with the same name, make it admin, etc. without affecting the other you transferred out.

As for #4, you can only have one character per account on a server at a time. If you transfer back your Island one before you transfer your Genesis back out, the server will ask if you want to overwrite that character and if you do so it will be permanently deleted.

Archived