Disabling Engrams WITHOUT causing Engram menu lag?

Texasaurus

Disabling Engrams WITHOUT causing Engram menu lag?

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to successfully disable a bunch of engrams without the engram menu lagging when you open it in-game?

I am attempting to make a medieval themed server, where advanced structures/items/weapons/etc are unlearnable. However, when I use the "OverrideNamedEngramEntries" code in the game.ini it makes the engram menu in-game lag horribly when you open it up.

I know it can be successfully done, as I currently play on a server that uses mods and has disabled everything not medieval themed, but the owner doesn't want to share the game.ini so I can't see what I'm doing wrong/missing.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me figure this out! I've been trying for ages with no luck.

I'd be more than happy to offer compensation and hand over my current config files so you can tell me what needs adjusting. 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I know this is late. However, I've been working on making a server and I figured out the solution so I'm posting it in case anyone comes across this. 

ARK seems to lag when you hide engrams because it loads them all, then hides them after the fact. To prevent it from doing this you need work with your engrams the other way around. in your game.ini, use the command 

bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=true

This will remove all of the engrams in your game. From there, for each engram you want, use: 

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="[the name of your engram entry here]",EngramHidden=False,EngramLevelRequirement=[the level itll be at],RemoveEngramPreReq=[true or false, up to you])

Yes, this is a lot of work. However, when done, no matter how many entries you make in game.ini, the engrams page will not lag. 

Edit: I'm new to these forums but I've been working hard on getting to know the engrams system so I may write up a tutorial that's updated for 2020 if there's a call for it. 

Edit #2: This can be difficult for those who have mods in their game. if anyone needs to know how to do this for mods, I'll make a separate post, as it's a bit long. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for an extremely long time for a solution, and it seems I've found it!

I've been trying to do the same thing, disabling the tek and metal tier, but it seemed to be an extreme amount of work, just for the engram screen to endlessly lag. I would love a tutorial man. I have quite a few mods so it probably isn't likely that I can actually get this working, but I'd definitely like to try.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, Reveraster said:

So I know this is late. However, I've been working on making a server and I figured out the solution so I'm posting it in case anyone comes across this. 

ARK seems to lag when you hide engrams because it loads them all, then hides them after the fact. To prevent it from doing this you need work with your engrams the other way around. in your game.ini, use the command 

This will remove all of the engrams in your game. From there, for each engram you want, use: 

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="[the name of your engram entry here]",EngramHidden=False,EngramLevelRequirement=[the level itll be at],RemoveEngramPreReq=[true or false, up to you])

Yes, this is a lot of work. However, when done, no matter how many entries you make in game.ini, the engrams page will not lag. 

Edit: I'm new to these forums but I've been working hard on getting to know the engrams system so I may write up a tutorial that's updated for 2020 if there's a call for it. 

Edit #2: This can be difficult for those who have mods in their game. if anyone needs to know how to do this for mods, I'll make a separate post, as it's a bit long. 

Thanks Reveraster, I have this almost working including mods. The only issue is no resource engrams like narcotics show up and neither do any type of ammo like bullets or arrows. All structures and everything work just fine. Any idea as to why this could be?

Here is a few examples that do not show in game:

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Narcotic_C",EngramLevelRequirement=6,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SimpleRifleBullet_C",EngramLevelRequirement=35,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ArrowStone_C",EngramLevelRequirement=10,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

49 minutes ago, Sensi said:

Thanks Reveraster, I have this almost working including mods. The only issue is no resource engrams like narcotics show up and neither do any type of ammo like bullets or arrows. All structures and everything work just fine. Any idea as to why this could be?

Here is a few examples that do not show in game:

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Narcotic_C",EngramLevelRequirement=6,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SimpleRifleBullet_C",EngramLevelRequirement=35,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ArrowStone_C",EngramLevelRequirement=10,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

FYI for anyone who reads this in the future...issue was I also run Ultra Stacks mod which has it's own engram entries for these. Once I changed them over, everything is working as intended.

Example: (Just need the _US part added)

(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Narcotic_US_C",EngramLevelRequirement=6,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

• 3 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, Sensi said:

FYI for anyone who reads this in the future...issue was I also run Ultra Stacks mod which has it's own engram entries for these. Once I changed them over, everything is working as intended.

Example: (Just need the _US part added)

(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Narcotic_US_C",EngramLevelRequirement=6,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramHidden=False,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

Did you get it fixed?

• 5 months later...

FYI here's a great tool to auto generate the engram codes with the level requirement and engram point requirement you want, while also being able to disable any engrams you want hidden, it should work as long as it's used in conjunction with the aforementioned line

http://www.gamewalkthrough-universe.com/Walkthroughs-Guides/Ark-Survival-Evolved/Game-Server-Customization/Engrams/default.aspx

13 hours ago, MissMidnight said:

FYI here's a great tool to auto generate the engram codes with the level requirement and engram point requirement you want, while also being able to disable any engrams you want hidden, it should work as long as it's used in conjunction with the aforementioned line

http://www.gamewalkthrough-universe.com/Walkthroughs-Guides/Ark-Survival-Evolved/Game-Server-Customization/Engrams/default.aspx

Thank you very much !

I'm using a big mod and duplicated engream for structures are a real mess so thank you !

One question, what about mods ?

Archived