Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Please wildcard, have a look! This situation is unacceptable. I can hardly stay online for more than 5 minutes before the freeze / kick appears.

Our main game is on this server (492) and I and my tribe member cannot play. We can not do anything. I don't know if the new Asian players have anything to do with it or if it has anything to do with the event system, but we really need help here. We were really looking forward to the Valentine's Day event, but we won't be able to play under these circumstances. I can only ask you to take some time and have a look on it. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I'm pretty sure the hamsters powering the servers got tired. Don't worry, after Genesis they will have enough money to upgrade to rabbits.

Honestly do you really think server upgrades will help, when some people join and you hit your esc key to see the ping and I go from a ping of 39-40 to 100-120 as they join and then it goes back down to 30's or 40's or when others join it goes from 39-40 to 255 and then most if not all people get lost connection to host or server crashes entirely. At that point I don't think its server related I know when I can play on the servers just by who is on and who isn't on.

• Facepalm 1

Ext460, didn't try to do anything really this weekend because even the act of flying around looking for a OSD or Vein to do is highly dangerous because of all the lag DCs which can happen at any time, sending your character falling to the ground right in the middle of all the corrupted whatevers, let alone the fact that you'll probably end up losing anyways from a lag DC halfway through a defense.

Actually, server upgrades would help exponentially but it isn't just that, its also a matter of proper programming methodology, optimizations, ultimately a complete tear down and rebuild under a different server infrastructure that's going to be required to fix all these issues.  Fact is that's an expense I'm relatively certain neither one of the owners of this title are going to approve.  Just gonna have to face the facts, Ark is complete garbage at this point, live with it or leave I guess.

• Thanks 1

Here you can choose server performance packages https://server.nitrado.net/eng/rent-gameserver/ark-survival-evolved

I would make a large bet that ARK Official servers run on the Basic package that doesn't have dedicated RAM. I don't think this was always the case, but since Christmas time it has felt like the servers are running on a thin mixture, so to speak, and this is the simplest explanation for the widescale performance issues. 

If WC offered a monthly sub where you would get access to premium servers, then it would make sense to give free players the crappy basic package, but there is no choice right now but to move to another server, or put up with bad ping and crashes from now on. I don't see this being fixed anytime soon.

Edited by Swordguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Legislator said:

Legacy is running fine ??? Have much fun with the Official Cluster

problem with legacy is Genesis part 2 is going to wipe the rest of legacy out of existence. I do miss the better running servers though, but can't stomach the thought of doing anything more there when you know all your work is going to go poof in the next year.

Edited by Swordguy

problem with legacy is Extinction part 2 is going to wipe the rest of legacy out of existence. I do miss the better running servers though, but can't stomach the thought of doing anything more there when you know all your work is going to go poof in the next year.
Full wipe has never been confirmed, legacy pve still have decent playerbase size, prob only a few might get repurposed due to low pop. Even then legacy is still more enjoyable as we dont have to face problems official have.
Anyways isnt ext fully released? When did it have part 2?
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Full wipe has never been confirmed, legacy pve still have decent playerbase size, prob only a few might get repurposed due to low pop. Even then legacy is still more enjoyable as we dont have to face problems official have.
Anyways isnt ext fully released? When did it have part 2?

yeah typo, Genesis part 2. I'd expect Legacy to be completely gone when Genesis part 2 launches.

Reminds me, hows SE on legacy PVE these days?

Edited by Swordguy

This never got a response so I'm going to bump. Also mainly because now my server cant remain online for more than 10 minutes at time without crashing everyone. Theres already been multiple rollbacks since the event started. Now we cant even stay in the game long enough to actually do anything. I dont know what else to do. 

Edited by Kaykae007

I just returned to play this time on The-Island. I had the hope that this old map isn't that crowded so that I have smoother gameplay.

But it was even much worse than on Valguero, where I had only sometimes such long server freezes. Up to 1 minute no server response, and this up to 10 times per hour.

So I choosed the least populated The-Island server. It's a bit better there but still minute-long server freezes.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic