Jump to content

Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes


balistikas
 Share

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Recommended Posts

Again most likely all reports/posts trying to get servers 713-716 fixed will be completely ignored. Are you going to wait  a year or 2 before you event attempt to fix the servers??? So many people have asked if you guys can please address these issues and we dont get an announcement, a response. This is poor player support on behalf of wildcard. 

 

It's not hard to rollback servers. You go into the world save files. Delete some files, rename the next file you're wanting the world to start from and name it the map name.ark voila there's the rollback. Then address the constant connection errors...........

Edited by Freiya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Freiya said:

Nobody can connect. Its either you get disconnected instantly before you load in. Or even if you load in you will get kicked and lose host connection. It's been that way for a whole week now for 713-716. Then if you attempt to load in. The game thinks your online and you won't actually be in game. But your character will remain in game then your character starves and gets dehydrated to death. It will tell you "There's already a character from this account connected" so many people have lost dinosaurs, baby dinosaurs, structures who knows what else now. I know I already lost 40 dinosaurs including a bunch of event colors. 1 Magmasaur, 2 managarmrs,  3 unicorns,  8 owls, 2 gachas,  8 argys, 2 mammoths, 3 ankys, 1 doed, 7 rexes, 3 procoptodons, 1 paramour, 1 iguanodon, 1 quetzal. Please fix 713-716 constant disconnect issues. @Cedric@lilpanda@StudioWildcard @Jatheish Everyone from 713-716 has been constantly asking if you guys can fix these servers. We have not had a single response. We all would love to play but we cannot join those servers without constantly losing connection. Please rollback the servers 713-716 for 1 week and look into these errors! So many of us have asked and asked. 

 

Currently known server outages and reason(s):

PC 713-716 connection issues

(L) indicates legacy server
offline indicates that the server is not running currently (time is not moving forward) though is being worked on.

Last Updated: 6/12/2020     <----------------- Updated on 6/12. It's now 6/17/2020 and still not fixed.

 

kernel error.jpg

host connection timeout.jpg

connection failure.jpg

no players.jpg

please fix this problem, were 40+ people on the server and we still waiting on our server to be fixed, we dont wanna play the new map, we dont want another server, we want our progress back.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

guys whatever you post here or whoever you tag, Wildcard doesnt give a sh!t .......... after over a year trying to get a response/statement..... thats where we stand!

 

i made this post sooo long ago it feels like & they merged it with an older one , a dev actually answered to ( so it looks like they are active here) but its all smoke & mirrors -.-

sadly they DONT CARE!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Raekor said:

please fix this problem, were 40+ people on the server and we still waiting on our server to be fixed, we dont wanna play the new map, we dont want another server, we want our progress back.

I have nothing but time to try to get their attention to fix things that are broken. TBH this is some of the worst "Player Support" i've ever seen Before they even release NEW things or new servers/new content. They should focus first and foremost on server stability and fix bugs. Rather than releasing new stuff that's just going to continue to break the game everytime something is released. Then maybe they'll start getting more people who will actually pay for the game if they focus on keeping servers stable and talk with their player base. Instead of trying to offer it free to cover up that they're no longer taking care of it through giving it away for free now. 

 

If they actually start focusing on server's being stable and fixing bugs then they'll start seeing more positive reviews, positive comments. Them neglecting their community and ignoring all posts it's going to continue to go downhill from here for the game. 

Edited by Freiya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am just wondering what they are planning in this "free ark" event


I assume they want to make profit. If they want to make profit and they made the base game free, then they are selling DLCs. Currently players are swarming into free official servers and making them very laggy ( or even constantly crashing) 

Now they ignore this server performance issue and keep the servers laggy. Isnt it just demonstrating the worst side of ARK to new players? How do they expect new players to buy dlc after seeing this? Isnt this event counter intuitive?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nameless said:

I am just wondering what they are planning in this "free ark" event


I assume they want to make profit. If they want to make profit and they made the base game free, then they are selling DLCs. Currently players are swarming into free official servers and making them very laggy ( or even constantly crashing) 

Now they ignore this server performance issue and keep the servers laggy. Isnt it just demonstrating the worst side of ARK to new players? How do they expect new players to buy dlc after seeing this? Isnt this event counter intuitive?

 

That's what I'm trying to point out to them. But yet they dont listen to a single word anyone says from the player community either. I've seen their patch notes announcements. All they seem concerned with right now is making sure people can at least connect through EGS that's it. They're aware servers are out but yet they haven't announced a single thing if they're even being looked at. All they want to do is write it on the forum that they're aware servers are out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Freiya said:

That's what I'm trying to point out to them. But yet they dont listen to a single word anyone says from the player community either. I've seen their patch notes announcements. All they seem concerned with right now is making sure people can at least connect through EGS that's it. They're aware servers are out but yet they haven't announced a single thing if they're even being looked at. All they want to do is write it on the forum that they're aware servers are out. 

the only reason I could think of is that they are saying  "now look, our free servers are bad, if you don't want bad servers, then buy our dlc" (although, dlc servers aren't exactly stable either.....)
I wonder whether that will work at all...… when a new player jumped into a dlc server, how do they survive heatstroke, spores, corrupted creatures, swarms, avalanches, meteors, and volcanic rocks...…...

 

Edited by nameless
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Freiya said:

Nobody can connect. Its either you get disconnected instantly before you load in. Or even if you load in you will get kicked and lose host connection. It's been that way for a whole week now for 713-716. Then if you attempt to load in. The game thinks your online and you won't actually be in game. But your character will remain in game then your character starves and gets dehydrated to death. It will tell you "There's already a character from this account connected" so many people have lost dinosaurs, baby dinosaurs, structures who knows what else now. I know I already lost 40 dinosaurs including a bunch of event colors. 1 Magmasaur, 2 managarmrs,  3 unicorns,  8 owls, 2 gachas,  8 argys, 2 mammoths, 3 ankys, 1 doed, 7 rexes, 3 procoptodons, 1 paramour, 1 iguanodon, 1 quetzal. Please fix 713-716 constant disconnect issues. @Cedric@lilpanda@StudioWildcard @Jatheish Everyone from 713-716 has been constantly asking if you guys can fix these servers. We have not had a single response. We all would love to play but we cannot join those servers without constantly losing connection. Please rollback the servers 713-716 for 1 week and look into these errors! So many of us have asked and asked. 

 

Currently known server outages and reason(s):

PC 713-716 connection issues

(L) indicates legacy server
offline indicates that the server is not running currently (time is not moving forward) though is being worked on.

Last Updated: 6/12/2020     <----------------- Updated on 6/12. It's now 6/17/2020 and still not fixed.

 

kernel error.jpg

host connection timeout.jpg

connection failure.jpg

no players.jpg

Come on so called server engineers. Fix the broken servers 713-716

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bump server still down. Have filed multiple tickets. Going on three days now. 
 

my character is stuck on this server and I have bases on multiple maps that could start decaying soon. Not to mention all the juvies I had out that probably died already.

would be great to get at least an acknowledgement of the issue or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2020 at 12:54 AM, SMP said:

Fair enough.  What kind of solution would you suggest? 

A team of people to sink thousands of hours into making everything work perfectly?  Gonna cost money.  You prepared to start paying a monthly sub fee?  May as well run your own server if you have to pay, right?

The only other option would be to offline the servers.  The thunder from the players would echo through these corridors like the gusts of a thousand winds.

Seems like the option that doesn't cost the players any money and doesn't cost the company a bunch of customers is the option we have now. Almost like a compromise, isn't it?

 

Even if they took the server offline for 24 hours to maintenance it that would be fine with me, so far every 15 version update has caused the server to crash x2 worse. I’m about to appeal to Microsoft to refund my money because I only play ark on XBoX and I’m basically paying for poop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Minja changed the title to Some Official servers have disappeared since fjorder update…
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...