Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

and it is down again.

WC get your damn act together. Your servers are poop and something needs to be done. If you are going to continue to release DLC and events with an aim to get players online, then fix the servers so that they can play online. Seems like a simple idea.

Game started in Early access in 2015 and came out of early access in 2017 after 2 years....and THE SERVERS ARE STILL poop. What are you doing??

3 hours ago, CrypticCobra said:

È lo stesso problema anche per PS4 Ragnarok. Arresti anomali / timeout casuali e quindi quando si tenta di accedere nuovamente al server è "Nessuna sessione trovata" anche dopo aver riavviato la console. Strappa i miei bambini

The point is not so much that you cannot access the server, but the fact of not seeing it on the list that really causes anxiety ahah

MY CHARACTER WAS ERASED!!!

Hi my name is Patrick. I went to the ragnarok 408 server with my character, to pick up dragon eggs and colorful dinos. The server went down, went offline and when it came back my character was no longer there. It was simply deleted.
It is a shame for this to happen in a game like this, and the worst thing that has happened to my friends and they haven't worked together until today. I demand that my character be returned. I bought the complete game including the latest Genesis DLC, and the minimum I require is that my character with all my progress does not disappear like a magic trick.

I cannot send a ticket because they say it has a large volume of tickets, and what do I do now?All servers are lagged, my last days playing Ark has been horrible, server crashing over and over and now that's it, my character is gone!
Thanks, or not!

20200405194605_1.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Patrikim said:

I cannot send a ticket because they say it has a large volume of tickets

That message simply tells you there is a lot of tickets being made so that it may takes a bit longer to get assistance but you can still submit a ticket and you should do so asap as every second you wait is another ticket added in front of you in the queue.

• Like 1

It takes months until you get any actual help. And you wont get your char back, all they do is give you your lvls (only up to lvl 105) back to a new character and they can transfer over imprints to your new character. 

When i got the help i already was 105 on my char and Done the bosses and raised new dinos sooo a bit pointless to send in a ticket imo.

54 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Server upgrades aren't free you know.

I pretty sure here enough Ppl which wouldnt mind it to Pay each Month like for a MMORPG. I wait since Years for Pay to Play Servers with better Hardware,Max Ping Lock and Premium Support.

And pls dont start with Unofficial Severs. We ppl from Official Servers have our Reasons to play on Official same like you Guys have Reasons to play Unofficial.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Patrikim said:

So the bosses I made will not be given back? only levels and imprints?

They should be able to give you some tekgrams, but I don't think they will be able to give you back your ascensions. Regardless, nobody but them can tell you what they can give back so you should wait for an official answer from them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

You paid for the game, not the servers.

This is a stupid comment. You pretty much can't play the game without the servers (yes I know there are some game modes that you can).

While yes they have created a great product, as stated on multiple sites and forums they are not supporting the game. There needs to be server maintenance, upgrades to hardware for the influx of players and communication with the masses on what they are doing to fix problems. They have twitter, facebook, website, forums etc and nothing on any of them.

EU-PVE GenOne 661 is not having such an eggcellent time with the current event going on. The server has been crashing almost every hour since the event has started with 10-15 min rollbacks each time which make doing anything basically impossible. Though, it does make an interesting graph shape on battlemetrics!

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/5827823?playerCount=24H

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/5827823/downtime

Ive reported the outage both today and yesterday, do people know the average fix for these sorts of issues?

Edited by Rhysdormu

I doubt WC wants to deal with the required customer service expected with monthly subscription servers.

Just look at the history with Ark mobile, if free and subscription servers are setup then free will slowly be weeded out. 

Pay to win is the best monetization scheme if profit is the only concern, so it shows great restraint on WC's part not having pay to win.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

You paid for the game, not the servers.

the point they were making - with the sales of genesis they could of opted for new servers rather then recycle the old legacy servers that have been outdated for a rather long time, and honestly I agree with them.

Being that, as wildcard stated, they don't own the servers they lease, it would just be leasing some of the newer hardware and yes would cost slightly more, but not alot, and would of allowed the data center itself to swap out the older hardware for new servers to lease to others.   Cause and effect.   Wildcard chooses though to keep people on extremely outdated servers and rather spend money running off to events that they get little to no coverage from, that actually does less advertisement for them then running a ad via the internet through some ad service that would cost them even less money.

but hey what do i know, im just some random person on the internet.

• Like 1

Any stable official servers with build spots?

Our long time server, NA-TheIsland-PVE 48, is pretty much done. Good population but the server has been crashing hourly for months. The server as a whole, has filed here on the forums official crash reports but nothing has been done with it. Its almost definately a hardware issue. A number of players on the server have banded together and purchased a private one to play on. Others like myself, are looking to take their stuff and move to a new server.

Im not overstating or exaggerating that NA-TheIsland-PVE 48 crashes hourly and is down more then up; you can view it yourself on any of the websites that monitor servers. So that being said, are there any Island PVE servers that are fairly stable that a small tribe with good trading rep can move to?

8 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Not the answer I was looking for..

but currently its the truth.  stable + official servers just don't go hand in hand right now.   All the servers I play on are having lag and crashing issues, and im not the only one who's experiencing this, many posts on the matter and with each patch wildcard puts out for genesis, the issues just seem to grow.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic