Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, f4k3 said:

I already thought that this would be quoted to me. And that is precisely where the intransparency lies!

I could not detect any severe failures after 15 minutes on 220. The server was laggy but by far not like the miserable Ragnarok server I also played on, which has 8 crashes including rollback in a row on some days. And it still runs and is not taken offline. Nobody knows what will happen when 220 goes online. What happens to our recently captured Event Reapers? What happens to the people who transferred fresh before the crash? What happens to the days during the event when our mains are stuck on a dead server?

Should I get useless tames from support and raise them after the event? What's the point of that? Why do you do this at a time when the number of players is so high? My God, the game is so many years old and the same problems and the same stupid solutions all the time ...

Yup this server is crashed for 110+ hours now.

To be honest, I hope this will make a few bad players stop playing there. If so, maybe this server will become peaceful and stable again, like how it was years ago. Players keeps building useless extra large bases with thousands of structures, a lot of them are completely empty. Players keeps ruining spaws when they claim 1/4 of a biome with ceilings or square foundations instead of pillars (players at tek tier apparently still don't know that those foundations are blocking spawns). Players keeps wanting to block pathways everywhere with useless bases. Players keeps wanting to take queen reapers inside their box bases at blue biome or even green biome to abuse of the glitch where reaper queens never disappear if on structures (is this a problem? yeah it is, because now everyone wants to exploit this, and everyone builds a massive and ugly "safe" base outside rad zone just to store wild reapers inside). I could also tell that now players keeps building ridiculously large metal farming platforms with hundreds of forges, seriously who would really need 300k metal a day.

All this lowers servers stability for sure, and ruins the experience of nice players. If I wouldn't had protected each charge nodes of the server in the green and blue biomes since the beginning of this server, they would all be completely blocked actually by selfish players (I could still report that, but i'm now tired of sending a report everyday against these bad players, really.)

2 hours ago, Axirpy said:

Yup this server is crashed for 110+ hours now.

To be honest, I hope this will make a few bad players stop playing there. If so, maybe this server will become peaceful and stable again, like how it was years ago. Players keeps building useless extra large bases with thousands of structures, a lot of them are completely empty. Players keeps ruining spaws when they claim 1/4 of a biome with ceilings or square foundations instead of pillars (players at tek tier apparently still don't know that those foundations are blocking spawns). Players keeps wanting to block pathways everywhere with useless bases. Players keeps wanting to take queen reapers inside their box bases at blue biome or even green biome to abuse of the glitch where reaper queens never disappear if on structures (is this a problem? yeah it is, because now everyone wants to exploit this, and everyone builds a massive and ugly "safe" base outside rad zone just to store wild reapers inside). I could also tell that now players keeps building ridiculously large metal farming platforms with hundreds of forges, seriously who would really need 300k metal a day.

All this lowers servers stability for sure, and ruins the experience of nice players. If I wouldn't had protected each charge nodes of the server in the green and blue biomes since the beginning of this server, they would all be completely blocked actually by selfish players (I could still report that, but i'm now tired of sending a report everyday against these bad players, really.)

This should not really be our problem but we are constantly struggling with it. We get tools at hand, with which one makes such constructions possible. But WC has known for a long time what's going on there and what should have been fixed. But nothing is done. In any case, the necessary things do not come to light, or this results in such blatant downtimes. Okay here and there came already cool changes but the actual cause remains simply after how many months/years. It's just ridiculous... You are not even compensated for it although the game and the DLC's cost a lot of money.

220 still fking offline!!!

I am sooooo tired of the constant crashes for HOURS  and constant roll backs. Recently cryoed my three top giggas I just had got and went to get my kids and take them to dinner. To come back and jump in to see it had crashed for the third time today while I was gone to a rollback and my 3 giggas starving to death that I had cryoed before I signed off!!!! Have put in a ticket for it and haven’t heard any response yet. Wish they could get this laggy crashing crap fixed plus return everyone’s lost time/dinos because of this mess. 

i didnt wanted to post in this (formally mine/now stolen) thread, since no1 of consequence reads this or cares anyways....... obvious by the fact, that this thread is the biggest in the forum -.-
since most servers die & roll back multiple times a day since December'19 & no1 cares its obvious they dont dive a damn 🥴

but 525 is offline for over 5h now ... kinda suxx!

Desktop Screenshot 2021.04.13 - 06.19.56.02.png

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic