Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I contend that WC is rolling back servers to speed the exit of existing players on official servers they intend to wipe soon. Why you ask? Well I refresh my maps every 5-6 days to keep all structures intact and power going to my 100's of cryo pods in active chambers. I signed in and found my electric cables auto decayed on 4 of 5 maps. The cryo pods which have an unpowered life of several weeks were all dead on 4 of 5 maps.  Even if, and it's a big if, I went past the 8 day limit on cables the unpowered cryo pods should not have died so quickly. I contend that those of us that are trying to maintain their bases are a problem WC intends to stamp out. This way the final wipe will involve fewer back ups and less complaints. Has anyone else had this experience? I have almost 7,000 hours of game time wiped out in less then a week. Shame on the staff at Wildsnails. You repulse me!  FYI, fanboys, please don't ask me to submit a ticket. To get any response from them is like me, a 68 year old man, being given a ticket to the moon and expecting to go! 

Edited by kwhite1024

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
22 hours ago, kwhite1024 said:

the unpowered cryo pods should not have died so quickly.

..hmm it depends on another factor: when did you last look inside the fridge? (before the deterioration of the cables).

Like you, I keep my Criopods "alive", but keeping them powered is not enough, at least once every 29 days YOU MUST LOOK INSIDE EVERY FRIDGE TO REFRESH THEIR INTERNAL TIMERS, I'll try to explain: every Fridge recalculates its timers ONLY when which you open the fridge inventory, Ark veterans know that even if a fridge hasn't been powered for a long time, it's enough to turn the power back on before looking inside the fridge to find the loaded capsules even if more than 30 days have passed ( if, on the other hand, you open the same fridge before turning it back on then everything will be flat and dead) and this happens precisely because the fridge will do the calculation when you open its inventory and will take into account that it is powered AT THAT MOMENT;

my hypothesis (correct me if I'm wrong, and I insert examples on the days) is that: you opened the fridge on day 1, you continued to render your base every day for 100 days, on day 101 you found the cables broken but since you entered the day before you checked a fridge (not reactivating the electricity first) thinking you still had another 30 days of charge and instead everything was dead because the last time you had opened that fridge was more than 30 days ago, therefore the fridge made his calculations taking into account that at that moment it was off and that more than 30 days had passed for him. If this was the case for you, it would have been enough for you to turn the power back on before opening the fridge.

SUMMARY: the fridges perform the calculation only when you access their inventory, they will first take into account whether ON or OFF, immediately after they will calculate how much time has passed since you last opened their inventory

[that's why I at least once every week or two weeks, I open all the fridges to reset this timer]

Edited by CervantesMor

3 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

..hmm it depends on another factor: when did you last look inside the fridge? (before the deterioration of the cables).

Like you, I keep my Criopods "alive", but keeping them powered is not enough, at least once every 29 days YOU MUST LOOK INSIDE EVERY FRIDGE TO REFRESH THEIR INTERNAL TIMERS, I'll try to explain: every Fridge recalculates its timers ONLY when which you open the fridge inventory, Ark veterans know that even if a fridge hasn't been powered for a long time, it's enough to turn the power back on before looking inside the fridge to find the loaded capsules even if more than 30 days have passed ( if, on the other hand, you open the same fridge before turning it back on then everything will be flat and dead) and this happens precisely because the fridge will do the calculation when you open its inventory and will take into account that it is powered AT THAT MOMENT;

my hypothesis (correct me if I'm wrong, and I insert examples on the days) is that: you opened the fridge on day 1, you continued to render your base every day for 100 days, on day 101 you found the cables broken but since you entered the day before you checked a fridge (not reactivating the electricity first) thinking you still had another 30 days of charge and instead everything was dead because the last time you had opened that fridge was more than 30 days ago, therefore the fridge made his calculations taking into account that at that moment it was off and that more than 30 days had passed for him. If this was the case for you, it would have been enough for you to turn the power back on before opening the fridge.

SUMMARY: the fridges perform the calculation only when you access their inventory, they will first take into account whether ON or OFF, immediately after they will calculate how much time has passed since you last opened their inventory

[that's why I at least once every week or two weeks, I open all the fridges to reset this timer]

First of all thx for your response. I can see the merit in your post and it would be accepted for some of the fridges on 2 of the maps. I do believe I did access those that went dead prematurely. However on 2 others that I know I was in, 6 days ago now, One had all cryo pods dead and the other had 2 days left on the timer.  The math just doesn't add up. I restored power to the last fridge and am now recharging my few remaining tames, about 30 wyvern. and  20 other tames. But it still begs the question, how did my cables auto decay in less the 8 days? Forgive my suspicious nature where Wildsnail is concerned. They have not exactly kept my trust over these many years.  

8 hours ago, kwhite1024 said:

First of all thx for your response. I can see the merit in your post and it would be accepted for some of the fridges on 2 of the maps. I do believe I did access those that went dead prematurely. However on 2 others that I know I was in, 6 days ago now, One had all cryo pods dead and the other had 2 days left on the timer.  The math just doesn't add up. I restored power to the last fridge and am now recharging my few remaining tames, about 30 wyvern. and  20 other tames. But it still begs the question, how did my cables auto decay in less the 8 days? Forgive my suspicious nature where Wildsnail is concerned. They have not exactly kept my trust over these many years.  

I completely understand what you mean, given the period and also the millions of unusual and unsolved bugs. I just wanted to clarify that particular operation of the Fridges that many may not know and therefore arrive at other deductions. 

For the cables I had not commented because a bit of investigation would be needed, if the problem had been on a single map then the hypothesis would be that there was a rollback on that server bringing it back to a moment where you had not yet returned and thus accumulating additional days until your next login, I have no idea however if this can happen on multiple servers for Server management reasons, one thing that comes to mind is that about ten days ago there was an update of the Servers for a new Patch and perhaps this could have caused some strange problem (just my ideas, nothing founded in what I'm saying) for me, for example, immediately after installing the Patch, it then required the reinstallation of the entire base game (not the DLCs).

l Just out of curiosity: in which map didn't the wires break? which maps did they break into? on what kind of Server (Normal/SmallTribe/Beginner/Apok/Legacy/)?

Hello, my maps that lost cables were on Ragnarok, Valgero, and Crystal isles, and Fjordur.  The cables on The Island remained and Rag was the only base with unpowered fridge where the pods had 2 days left.  I'm sure I'll never know for sure and I'll just rebuild the hurds when I go off line after the wipe.

PS: I play exclusively on regular official PVE

Edited by kwhite1024

• 4 weeks later...