Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

It’s a shame. I’ve moved now a third time due to gentwo crashes. I found 2 x 98%+ servers, numerically in order. Both seems to not been touched by the cheaters in a couple months. Really excited to start building a home of operation even if for the third time.. while at work, i checked the server I chose and wouldn’t ya know it. 6 crashes in 7 hours. For the heck of it I checked the other and surprise surprise, 7 server crashes in 8 hours. 

I just don’t understand how this duping of r seeds that has been an ongoing issue for a few weeks now is not resolved. I mean R1 are turning into the Stone of Jordan from yesteryear. Plenty of blame to go around. The devs. The cheaters. The discords that are allowing the sale. It would be pretty cool if someone were to do something about it so the 99.9% of legit players can just enjoy GenTwo without fear of getting Ark’d. 

Hello all, 

I'm just curious at this point as to if there's a dupe craze going around on official servers. We've recently returned to official Ark, and every night at around 12:30am EST on this server, it lags completely out and crashes.  Given it's a Gen 2 server and how poorly the server actually runs even without people running the missions, this seems a little coincidental to be simply "random" server crashes.   I've got 10k hours into Ark, I know the difference between a simple mission crash, server saves and when something is being exploited, and this feels like it is definitely an exploit of some kind.   To be honest, I'm not sure if the Devs even watch these forums anymore, I know several years ago it was a moot point to even post here, but I definitely hope/wish they'd look into this, because the server is almost unplayable at night and it's really starting to irritate myself, my wife, and friends.  We just wanna play the game and not worry about someone cheating and ruining the experience for all of us.

Yeah, unfortunately this is still an issue, although today 967 GenTwo went down about 30 minutes ago, my wife got a login lock message right after trying to get back in, but it's down..down..  Submitted a ticket, we know there's a few big duping operations on the server, I've seen it first hand a few times, you can always tell if you are lookin' for the signs.  Either way though, it's an issue, I hope Wildcard gets this under control.  It just irritates us to no end knowing that the only reason these dupers are duping is to RMT these dinos/structures or to stock up on Element, it's just sheer laziness because they don't want to put the time in, what other reason is there? lol.  Wouldn't it be absolutely fantastic if there were more active and watchful GMs, I'd enjoy that job if I could simply catch dupers and ban/blow up their bases right in front of them and send them packing lol.  Oh, something interesting I saw earlier, a player actually offered to "lease" their oil pumps to another player on Crystal Isles, my wife took a screeny of that convo. I can only imagine what the definition of "lease" is, bet it has to do with paypal or cashapp lol. 

Edited by Rio4201
it.guy.4201@gmail.com

Just to update on this issue:

NA-PVE-Official-GenTwo967 for several days now has been crashing on or around 15 minutes after starting up, it then crashes and is down for an hour minimum.  Me, my wife and several others from that server have put in tickets to no avail, but we're not giving up just yet. At first I suspected the server was being intentionally crashed, the server was running fine a week or two before this began, then all of a sudden it won't stay up long enough to even have a conversation in global.   When the timer reaches zero for transfers it literally "@#$@ the bed" and crashes back to the menu.  It's consistent enough to warrant the idea of a server issue and not a player issue, but again no response from operations.  I'm gonna try to at least get what animals I have over there, off the server, hoping uploading to the cloud will solve at least that small issue.  As for the base and my eggs and things, oh well.  Looks like that is a lost cause.   In any case, I feel for anyone having this issue, it's a nightmare and has completely ruined any chances of playing on this particular server lol. 

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Ladimxdx said:
Personal server is off for more than 2 days I need to know if it will come back I really need to get my char from it to my main base again, I need answers please.

You need to contact your server hosting company or admin. This is for official servers. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to go play today, but there are no official servers, none of the ones I played on. I waited half a day, nothing has changed, now of all the servers where I was, only one is available, there are no others. After all, they were going to close the servers in August, and not now. Where did the servers go, what's going on???! Soon there will be a day, as I can’t log in because the character is on one of the servers that have disappeared.

I'm confused