Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what's going on, but people say it's intentional because they're duping items.

But come on, they're doing it every hour. Sometimes every 30 minutes. You can log in and play for 5 minutes or so and then it's down again. 

I've been stuck on the same spot for literally 12 hours now, like some sick groundhog day.

Server uptime for Gen2 992 now less than 80%. I don't know how Wildcard is still in business.

NA-PVE-Official-GenTwo992 - (v354.4)

Player count:    0/70
Address: 109.230.214.75:7777 (Game Port)
     109.230.214.75:27015 (Query Port)
Distance:    1369 km
Uptime:    7 Days: 79%, 30 Days: 89%

7 day free trial. No payment information required for trial.

So our server hasn't been up for more than 10 minutes in over 48 hours. Dupers crashing it repeatedly and transferring duplicated accounts to over 250 other server (evidenced in battlemetrics logs). There was no communication by WC at all what was going on. The simple fact that it took over two solid days for them to notice it even with reports is crazy.

Wildcard finally wises up and fixes the server by blocking all transfers from the server. Here is another example of the lax customer support. There is no communication of what is going on. WC does not mention that transfers off the server are block and instead allows all the players to freeze in place when trying to transfer and having to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to exit the game.

If WC expects Ark 2 to have any modicum of success they had better up their Customer Support game and start giving a human feces. The simple fact that these servers are so easily and repeatably crashed by the same people OVER and OVER is astonishing.

Edited by mudplayerx

First off, I've been reporting my server every time they crash it. Dupers usually crash it 6 to 8 times a day. But in recent weeks, especially during events, they've crashed it repeatedly to as much as 3 times in an hour. Basically, as soon as the server is up, they crash it immediately. I know it's dupers cause I have 4 xboxes and 2 ISPs and I can test for network problems. And sometimes they listen when not to dupe, but most of the time they're POS.

The crashes causes rollbacks and has very weird effects to the game and today is one of the worst days ever. In fact, I haven't been able to mature my tames, like my rexes that have been stuck on adolescent stage for almost 7 days now. 

In this case, I happened to transfer in, the timer for server save had not finished yet. I'm effectively in the server, then dupers crashed it. When it returned, I was out of my tribe. I usually fix that by transferring out, then transferring back in. However this time, I lost all my hexagons. Previously, I'd lose items but I fixed that by not transferring in with items and waiting for server save. But I can't stash my hexagons anywhere so, yeah.

2nd incident today, same day. I had my crafter download a perfect tame 225 stryder that I stashed in one of my bases in another server. I was waiting for the server to save when it crashed. Server rolled my crafter back, but the stryder is gone. It's not in ark upload.

I'm just venting. I've been enjoying this game since February as a stress relief after working 12 hours a day 6 days a week as a nurse. 

But now I'm getting stressed because of this game. 

I sent a ticket of course, for the hexagons, it was basically a "tough luck" message and then they forwarded me to another form to file another ticket.

Honestly, I'm not excited to play Ark2 if their response is like this. I'm losing interest in the game also. 

Well, that's all. /vent

6 hours ago, mudplayerx said:

So our server hasn't been up for more than 10 minutes in over 48 hours. Dupers crashing it repeatedly and transferring duplicated accounts to over 250 other server (evidenced in battlemetrics logs). There was no communication by WC at all what was going on. The simple fact that it took over two solid days for them to notice it even with reports is crazy.

Wildcard finally wises up and fixes the server by blocking all transfers from the server. Here is another example of the lax customer support. There is no communication of what is going on. WC does not mention that transfers off the server are block and instead allows all the players to freeze in place when trying to transfer and having to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to exit the game.

If WC expects Ark 2 to have any modicum of success they had better up their Customer Support game and start giving a human feces. The simple fact that these servers are so easily and repeatably crashed by the same people OVER and OVER is astonishing.

ikr... i'm 95% sure not to play Ark 2. 

Unfortunately our genesys 2 919 server is crashing several times a day, today it has crashed 4 times, and every time it falls it takes 1 hour to come back

and when it comes back it has huge roll backs getting in the way of the fun.

EU-PVE-Official-GenTwo919 - (v354.6)

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/12050387 

image.png.ed8b6612faad521a1ff0d67619e45e8b.png

image.thumb.png.293b18561cab08aff4987d43e1b38226.png

Edited by MateusCZorzenon

I want to know what it is that causes GenTwo servers to crash like 8 to 9 times a day. Each crash causing the server to be down for almost 1 hour. This issue has been going on since the start of Gentwo. Why hasnt this issue been fixed? I left GenTwo at the start because of the crazy crashes and still nothing has changed. The reason I went back to GenTwo is because I really really really want to get my missions done. I have heard that many people lost their belonging from crashes. I dont know if its a problem using a hawk? I know the servers are really bad right now because of the holidays. Right now, Im too afraid to leave my base. I am too afraid to go to space, I am too afraid to go underwater to kill sharks with the server crashing. Furthermore, the roll backs are doing more harm then good too. I hear people rage about the rollbacks all the time.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours

The official server I play on is completely missing. My partner and I started playing on aberration OC pve 145 yesterday. Then suddenly the server kicked us off and we have not been able to see the server since?? It is completely missing from the server list and we were both on our main characters. Is this happening to anyone else?