Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you want to avoid a huge impact from this, set up a timer on your phone so you can be ready for the save before it happens.  This is the only solution, the pause to the server on save will not be "fixed".  T

Tek gauntlets and Federation Exo-gloves will also display the countdown timer to server save.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frael said:

Tek gauntlets and Federation Exo-gloves will also display the countdown timer to server save.

how do u see that? i'm lookin now and can't figure that one out.

oh i see now, if you hit H key to see the extra details, it will show you that timer if you are wearing those.  that's great info tyty!

Edited by GrumpyBear

The person that runs the Ark Official Server Outage Report has been great for many, many years. 

This week the person is missing,

they could be on Vacation, hopefully,

but if they aren't could Wildcard send a welfare check to their home.

This is serious and not a joke. 

It normally take this person like 2 mins to fix server issues that go offline, or crash.

I have create two reports this week and still my server LEGACY-PVE-NA-LostIsland952 is still offline!

I am just worried about the person, please check on them.

I would like to thank them for fixing all the past, but I hope they are ok!

Btw- if you fired this person for any reason. you made a big mistake, fix it!

Ark official Server Outage Report link

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

Edited by iDash

On 4/25/2022 at 11:20 AM, GrumpyBear said:

WHen you are kicked but the game sees you as still online means your connection to the server was severed from inbetween you and the server, the server is still up and thinks you are still in game.  It takes that extra time for the connection to timeout and it then shuts down the connection.   That particular problem is actually quite rare.  If its happening repeatedly, there's probably something wrong with hardware your connection is going through, not your pc or the server.

World saves are extremely annoying, but will never go away.  20-25 seconds is actually quite quick compared with some servers.  Depending on how many things the server has to go through on a save, it can reach over a minute on well populated and built up servers.   This is the moment manas get eaten by the game quite often.  If you want to avoid a huge impact from this, set up a timer on your phone so you can be ready for the save before it happens.  This is the only solution, the pause to the server on save will not be "fixed".  They will not change the way the game saves at this point.

Quite quick?

Why won't they go away? 😏
1-2 seconds is enough for a death, and a dc to boot is enough to lose epics, and inventory.

No I assure you whilst having played on many other MMOS I know for a fact it isn't me. I don't dc without it being a server/client problem. Never have ever since I switched to 1000Mbps cable internet.  I know how to configure my rig, and blame shifting isn't getting us anywhere. The people who are paid to look at this kind of stuff need to be looking at it. "Oh you can always go solo mode, and not have that problem". This kind of thinking doesn't fix the problem. I like to play on Official anything, because I live in the country. I don't have a lot of friends, and like to meet new people. Can't do that on solo mode. And, the maps get boring if there is no agenda. No matter how great I like the dinos, aesthetics, and game-play. I have said my peace.

Edited by mayhew2070

4 hours ago, mayhew2070 said:

Quite quick?

Why won't they go away? 😏
1-2 seconds is enough for a death, and a dc to boot is enough to lose epics, and inventory.

No I assure you whilst having played on many other MMOS I know for a fact it isn't me. I don't dc without it being a server/client problem. Never have ever since I switched to 1000Mbps cable internet.  I know how to configure my rig, and blame shifting isn't getting us anywhere. The people who are paid to look at this kind of stuff need to be looking at it. "Oh you can always go solo mode, and not have that problem". This kind of thinking doesn't fix the problem. I like to play on Official anything, because I live in the country. I don't have a lot of friends, and like to meet new people. Can't do that on solo mode. And, the maps get boring if there is no agenda. No matter how great I like the dinos, aesthetics, and game-play. I have said my peace.

I've been playing mmo's since city of heroes.  This is not an MMO, it doesn't play like one, and it doesn't save like one.  The reason it's not going away is because they would have to switch the game to a dynamic save system that saves the world in increments in the background.  The players who have been duping , the forked variation of the engine, and the fact this game is now in its end cycle of publishing are enough to say - they will not change the way the game world saves.  The player community actually was asking about this over 2 years ago and the basic answer we got was - this will not be changed.

Games use UDP type connections, not TCP.  UDP is a stream of packets where each one flows after the next sequentially.  TCP uses shotgun scatter shot style packets that can arrive at different times and are sent all over redundantly , duplicates are ignored and reorganized after receipt.   UDP have to show up in order or else you lose connection.  IF packets up and stop for some reason, the host waits a period of time for the next one to arrive, if it never shows up - then the connection is terminated.  This is what is happening to you.  Why the packets stop showing up - is probably impossible figure out if it's not your modem or router causing the problem.

LIke i said before, and it still stands, either your router, your modem, your isp , or any one of the 30 computers your connection goes through to the game server is causing you a nightmare.  It could very well be a router of the server host, but it's not the server itself that's causing your connection to drop.  What is happening is the server thinks your connection is still valid because there was no handshake between your client and the server signing you out, and it appears to be that the hardcoded timeframe for the server to assume the connection is dead is 10 minutes.  I would think that's too long, but its entirely  possible there's a good reason for the time taken. 

Is AT&T your ISP?  I had problems with this game and other things I did on the internet when I had them as my ISP.   I'm lucky that there's at least 1 other ISP in town and the connection problems I had , just like this one , went away after I got rid of AT&T. 

Edited by GrumpyBear

For the lack of a proper thread to post this in, here we go. Since the Easter event past this server has put itself in the recycle center of a very unregulated 3rd world country. I do not see why Wildcard has not got any server status page so that you can at least tell that the company knows that the server is giving up and that they know that its down. They could at least have a twitter page regarding server status so people know they are working on it. TheIsland EU#44 PVE is dead and its now weekend and we have heard no official word coming out, 0 info out there. But hey, I guess there is no money in keeping this game server alive.

Hi.

The past Friday I transferred from my home server 753 to gen 2 932 to bring some items, unfortunately, when the timer  to transfer back was almost  done the server crashed and I could not bring back my character to my home server,  it has been 'dead' according to battlemetrics for 3 days now, I need my character back in my main server, I want  to avoid my creatures to starve to death or other stuff like that. Is there anything to do besides just waiting for it?

Thanks.

Hello

Please feel free to re-locate the post if it's in wrong place.

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland44 can't be found online at Battlemetrics. I have had some trouble to find my servers in-game (launched with Steam) and most reliable way has been joining from Battlemetrics or Steam server list. Now the server does not respond.

Is the server offline, or has the address been changed?

If offline, is it possible to delay decay timers or something, and possibly inform here when it's back online?

If address changed, could new one be posted here?

Anyone playing island44 can confirm it is down?

Thanks!

On 4/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, GrumpyBear said:

I've been playing mmo's since city of heroes.  This is not an MMO, it doesn't play like one, and it doesn't save like one.  The reason it's not going away is because they would have to switch the game to a dynamic save system that saves the world in increments in the background.  The players who have been duping , the forked variation of the engine, and the fact this game is now in its end cycle of publishing are enough to say - they will not change the way the game world saves.  The player community actually was asking about this over 2 years ago and the basic answer we got was - this will not be changed.

Games use UDP type connections, not TCP.  UDP is a stream of packets where each one flows after the next sequentially.  TCP uses shotgun scatter shot style packets that can arrive at different times and are sent all over redundantly , duplicates are ignored and reorganized after receipt.   UDP have to show up in order or else you lose connection.  IF packets up and stop for some reason, the host waits a period of time for the next one to arrive, if it never shows up - then the connection is terminated.  This is what is happening to you.  Why the packets stop showing up - is probably impossible figure out if it's not your modem or router causing the problem.

LIke i said before, and it still stands, either your router, your modem, your isp , or any one of the 30 computers your connection goes through to the game server is causing you a nightmare.  It could very well be a router of the server host, but it's not the server itself that's causing your connection to drop.  What is happening is the server thinks your connection is still valid because there was no handshake between your client and the server signing you out, and it appears to be that the hardcoded timeframe for the server to assume the connection is dead is 10 minutes.  I would think that's too long, but its entirely  possible there's a good reason for the time taken. 

Is AT&T your ISP?  I had problems with this game and other things I did on the internet when I had them as my ISP.   I'm lucky that there's at least 1 other ISP in town and the connection problems I had , just like this one , went away after I got rid of AT&T. 

I highly doubt it is me being on 1000mbps cable internet using a NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo (C7800)....

I also play Conan Exiles which behaves the same way, except for that stupid 15 minute save lag bs. This is an issue that has been going on since 2015 that I looked up. It isn't me. It's the way the saves are set up. One user suggested that it was the way the clients are set up. Still an "Ark problem". Not a "me problem" that I could help.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535152511342481016/

Edited by mayhew2070

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic