Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am assuming all these issues people are complaining about are related to the ongoing issues at Nitrado ? Our Unofficial cluster has been unplayable for about 2 weeks now.

Nitrado has really turned into a bush-league company. After days of non-functioning servers they finally updated 2 of our servers and left 2 not updated yesterday.  I'd really like to know what in the heck is going on over there.

5 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Nitrado has really turned into a bush-league company. After days of non-functioning servers they finally updated 2 of our servers and left 2 not updated yesterday.  I'd really like to know what in the heck is going on over there.

I know Nitrado are renowned for being unreliable, but the last few weeks have been something else. Maybe I am not looking in the right places, but they seem to be particularly quiet. Considering WC uses them for official ls too, am surprised I havent seen much mentioned.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Center56 was taken down without notice 1 week ago.  Today it was removed from all server lists.  Is Wildcard taking down active servers to repurpose them for a future release?  If so could we have some advanced notice so we can transfer off before you delete the servers? Very Disappointed that my main, all his imprint dino & over 2000 hours of base building was unceremoniously wiped from existence.  Please remember that how WC handles the end of ARK is going to greatly impact whether or not players buy ARK II.  Communication with your player base is the first step. Thanks, 

TheBlueB0mber 

3 hours ago, Atira said:

Good afternoon. Tell me, please, what is happening with the server EU GenTwo 924? He's been offline for over 20 hours! I'm stuck on it, animals are dying on my main server 😞

Its all the GEN2 server that has problems since the start of GEN2,  no worry's they wont fix it. ARK2 is comming. If your server is down, your dino's wont die till its running again!

Edited by TheLiquidator

21 minutes ago, TheLiquidator said:

Это все сервер GEN2, который имеет проблемы с начала GEN2, не беспокойтесь, что они не исправят это. ARK2 приближается. Если ваш сервер не работает, ваш динозавр не умрет, пока не запустится снова!

That is the problem. Animals are on another server. Character on Gen. Now 924 has changed its status to "dead". Any chance it will work again?

11 hours ago, TheBlueB0mber said:

Center56 was taken down without notice 1 week ago.  Today it was removed from all server lists.  Is Wildcard taking down active servers to repurpose them for a future release?  If so could we have some advanced notice so we can transfer off before you delete the servers? Very Disappointed that my main, all his imprint dino & over 2000 hours of base building was unceremoniously wiped from existence.  Please remember that how WC handles the end of ARK is going to greatly impact whether or not players buy ARK II.  Communication with your player base is the first step. Thanks, 

TheBlueB0mber 

you might try researching for it on battlemetrics.  It appears to have gotten a new IP address and so the old server info will show the server as offline.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:30 PM, GrumpyBear said:

you might try researching for it on battlemetrics.  It appears to have gotten a new IP address and so the old server info will show the server as offline.

You might try looking at timestamps.  My post was on 4/22 @ 6:15am.  Center56 was not issued a new ip address until 4/22 @ 8:06 pm according to battlemetrics.   How exactly could I know what would happen roughly 14 hours before the event occurs. Please note I am neither clairvoyant or in possession of a time machine. I eagerly await your infinite wisdom, oh timeless one.

• Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, TheBlueB0mber said:

You might try looking at timestamps.  My post was on 4/22 @ 6:15am.  Center56 was not issued a new ip address until 4/22 @ 8:06 pm according to battlemetrics.   How exactly could I know what would happen roughly 14 hours before the event occurs. Please note I am neither clairvoyant or in possession of a time machine. I eagerly await your infinite wisdom, oh timeless one.

The time and date on battlemetrics doesn't necessarily line up with yours or my time zones.  Therefore I don't use that as a basis for calculation.   I'm pretty sure it's based on GMT 0:00.

*side note - did you know that even though it's Sunday for me here in sunny California - it's Monday already in Japan and China.  Additionally - Remember, the whole world is broken up in lots of time zones....one zone will have to be the last one to change to the next day.

I said what I said at that time because when i searched it up, I could see both the dead server and the new server in the list.   It does that when they switch to a new IP address for a server.  I used the hours total battlemetrics listed that the server was down until it decided it wasn't, then subtracted the time you said it was down at the time of your post here.  This resulted in the answer of 3hrs, I think? 

When this happens to servers I've played on, I've had allies and tribemates that thought the servers were down for days because they didn't redo a search on battlemetrics to notice the new server listing due to IP address changes. 

Maybe I assumed you did something similar to them and made a bookmark of your favorite server on your web browser so that you could easily check if you server went back up w/out having to relaunch the game repeatedly.  I'm truly sorry if that offended you by my assuming such a thing.

Edited by GrumpyBear

Genesis 2 server#1542 is unplayable. I've submitted a ticket, reported to service engineers (twice), and still can't stay in-game... NOT looking forward to ARK 2 when you can't fix lag and connection issues on the first one... I don't know why I still play this game. 'ARK:Survival Evolved - LAG Edition'

Edited by Alicia3

Greeting,

Since more then 2 months , we have been reporting crash server on server official 63 smalltribe extinction Eu

It's happening over and over , from the morning till the evening each time several specific people are connected on it

This is just unplayable, could a techsupport please check what is happening on there? the lag goes from 30 to 255 suddently like several times in the same hour and this almost all the time

Some people told me it is because players are more likely duping/duplicating items or that maybe there is a base in the mesh somewhere

When those people are not online , its a plaisure to play on there without any lag , but when they are , its just ruining the fun of everyone in my tribe

thanks

Qor

Edited by Qordevil

I have been playing for about 3 days. I have tried about 4 different official pve servers, and every one of them have this problem. I am about done trying to even multiplayer. I reside on 87, currently. I just lagged out so bad on one of those server saves that my account is frozen for at least 10 minutes, because it says I am in the game, and I am not. Usually, however, I lag on the world save for about 15-30 seconds. Still even 20 seconds is a game killer. I have been killed, rubber-banded to death ever since I tried to meet new people on this game. I am about done, and may just fly solo. If there was a unofficial that was close to vanilla I might join that, but imo games are supposed to bring you joy. Not this nonsense. I don't lag on any other game, but this. Mainly, because I know how to tweak a pc on my end. This is a server/client problem, and should of been fixed back when it was first announced back in 2015 on a forum I read. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535152511342481016/ is the forum that dates back to 2015. This is crazy.

My specs:
5950x AMD Processor

64gigabytes of gskills memory

2070 EVGA Black GfX 

2TB Samsung evo m.2 hard drive

Edited by mayhew2070
corrections, because of my adhd

6 hours ago, mayhew2070 said:

I have been playing for about 3 days. I have tried about 4 different official pve servers, and every one of them have this problem. I am about done trying to even multiplayer. I reside on 87, currently. I just lagged out so bad on one of those server saves that my account is frozen for at least 10 minutes, because it says I am in the game, and I am not. Usually, however, I lag on the world save for about 15-30 seconds. Still even 20 seconds is a game killer. I have been killed, rubber-banded to death ever since I tried to meet new people on this game. I am about done, and may just fly solo. If there was a unofficial that was close to vanilla I might join that, but imo games are supposed to bring you joy. Not this nonsense. I don't lag on any other game, but this. Mainly, because I know how to tweak a pc on my end. This is a server/client problem, and should of been fixed back when it was first announced back in 2015 on a forum I read. 

WHen you are kicked but the game sees you as still online means your connection to the server was severed from inbetween you and the server, the server is still up and thinks you are still in game.  It takes that extra time for the connection to timeout and it then shuts down the connection.   That particular problem is actually quite rare.  If its happening repeatedly, there's probably something wrong with hardware your connection is going through, not your pc or the server.

World saves are extremely annoying, but will never go away.  20-25 seconds is actually quite quick compared with some servers.  Depending on how many things the server has to go through on a save, it can reach over a minute on well populated and built up servers.   This is the moment manas get eaten by the game quite often.  If you want to avoid a huge impact from this, set up a timer on your phone so you can be ready for the save before it happens.  This is the only solution, the pause to the server on save will not be "fixed".  They will not change the way the game saves at this point.

Edited by GrumpyBear

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic