Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Seriously disturbing how there is no official comment about the complete unplayability of gen2 servers..... 1643 crashed 11 times today, full roll backs, multiple start and crash each time..... instead of vin diesel how about we worry about your garbage servers being unplayable for people who PAID for the genesis update....AS STATED IN TITLE....FIX....... YOUR.....SERVERS....... SERIOUSLY 

Seriously disturbing how there is no official comment about the complete unplayability of gen2 servers..... 1643 crashed 11 times today, full roll backs, multiple start and crash each time..... instead of vin diesel how about we worry about your garbage servers being unplayable for people who PAID for the genesis update....AS STATED IN TITLE....FIX....... YOUR.....SERVERS....... SERIOUSLY 

WC only works to fix the Lost Island , and then will do the same with Fjordur, had more than 20 patch to fix the Lost Island

11 minutes ago, Spip said:

Official server 968 have been down for over 30 hours, anyone got idea what's going on with the server?

Myself and 3 others have put in server down reports on this server as all of our characters and stuff is on this server. One of my tribemates got a reply on a ticket about it. It said quote "Solved it" and closed the ticket. Obviously it is not fixed......

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, alphawiz101 said:

One of my tribemates got a reply on a ticket about it. It said quote "Solved it" and closed the ticket. Obviously it is not fixed......

That was because the support staff doesn't handle server issues. For them, the ticket is closed. You need to use the form above in the pinned post to address the server team.

I need advice from the experienced players, on sunday i was playing on NA 968 gen2 official server, it started to get like three consecutive lag spikes with roll backs until i got disconected, when i tried to log back in, the server gave me "time out" errors and wouldn't let me in, i tried again next day but the server is nowhere to be found, it has been down since then (almost three days at the time i'm writing this post), i already submitted a report, the question is for the people that already experienced serious server crashes, how bad is it? worst server crash for me was like for one hour and the server came back with some roll back, but in this case, do i risk loosing everything i had there?, my character is stuck and all my good dinos are on that server, i had a secondary base on the island but if i loose my character i will loose that base too, any advise would be very welcome.

How are you scanning for the server?  Some people only use battlemetrics to keep an eye on their server status when rejoining.  Problem with that is, sometimes the server changes IP addresses.  This will create a new server in the list.  If you dont' redo the search, you won't know this has happened and you will keep thinking your server is offline until you think to do this.

Servers rarely get rolled back to day 1,  they can however roll back several days if the save files are all corrupted.   If you moved to the server in the time that gets lost, then you lose everything.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

How are you scanning for the server?

I have to learn how to look at servers in a more advanced way, i just do the regular "join ark" then filter the server i want to join usin the search box.

44 minutes ago, Spip said:

There is only one 968 at the moment, and it has been down for 60 hours

that's the one, it was behaving super weird sunday night at my time zone, then got me disconected and couldn't find it anymore.

19 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

http://ark.gg/outage

this is the page you report servers being down at.

thanks, yeah i already submitted a report, i was asking in the forum because i want to make an idea of what should i expect with the server down so much time, being honest if i loose my character and dinos i guess it's the end of the ark journey for me, i love the game but if i loose the progress of several months playing i don't think i'll want to do it all over again.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic