Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• Nao95 changed the title to Serveur 1551 introuvable

Due to the recently instability of the game servers, I did a little investigation and it seems servers have always been unstable for the past 7 years or so. I went server to server asking people about kicks, lags, and game crashes and the answer always seems to be the same. Now I don't know if it's due to an influx of people or mass duping or just poor server, but is there anything StudioWIldcard is actually doing to investigate the known issues causing lag or do they have any actual plans on fixing it?

Hello survivors, after another loss of a large number of items and dinosaurs on the transfer, I had a question.
Perhaps someone knows the answer, or will share their ideas:

- Why is the stability of official servers so terrible? -

I'm talking about PvE servers, although some PvP servers have same get busy like PvE.
I'm not talking about 15 min save server.
The game went into early access in 2015 if I'm not mistaken and in 2017 it was released.. now it's 2022 but the servers are still working terribly.
Especially the Genesis 2 servers - they can easily fall 10 times a day with a not very heavy load.
There is also the ATLAS game, which was also created by the same company, but there is a slightly different server and transfer system.
But the transfer is hundreds of times faster and I never lost anything in 2k hours of playing ATLAS.
In the ARK, I consistently lose items and dinosaurs when moving from server to server, it was even that when they were uploaded to the cloud, they simply disappeared.
Previously, players even lost characters, I was lucky and did not lose a single character.
I also want to note that the NA servers are much less lag and more stable than the EU, although the number of installed buildings and dinos not in cryo sometimes overlaps the Chinese palaces on EU.

So what's the problem with servers?
Why, after so many years, we cannot get normal servers that do not lag and do not fall several times a day?
Greed? Caring attitude? Bad hosters in Europe?
I just want understand why.

p.s. One more question: how are the Nitrado servers different? I didn't notice any difference compared to the regular ones.
p.p.s. How you think ARK2 will be have same problem?

I am seriously frustrated....my server 1611 like most went down for the patch. As of right now it has not come back up. 7 hours later. I stayed awake because I had uncryo'd the majority of my tames at 3-4 pm cst. Figuring the update had been done earlier as no update on our side and 3x was happening. Then later got the notice that there was an update file. To this point this server and at least 6 others I am sure of did not come up. Please consider giving notice of an eta when servers that need extra care will be back on line. Right now I stand to lose 8-10 wyverns, 5 gigas, a male otter, and assorted rexs/yuty's among others tames. mostly from starvation.....frown....

43 minutes ago, domscorp said:

I am seriously frustrated....my server 1611 like most went down for the patch. As of right now it has not come back up. 7 hours later. I stayed awake because I had uncryo'd the majority of my tames at 3-4 pm cst. Figuring the update had been done earlier as no update on our side and 3x was happening. Then later got the notice that there was an update file. To this point this server and at least 6 others I am sure of did not come up. Please consider giving notice of an eta when servers that need extra care will be back on line. Right now I stand to lose 8-10 wyverns, 5 gigas, a male otter, and assorted rexs/yuty's among others tames. mostly from starvation.....frown....

I am realy sorry to say but you could have known better. Every event I've seen over the last year did need a patch and we had already many times before that the "Evo" started without notice before the patch was ready for download. Start of events and patches are also known for severe server issues so having all set up before the patch is risky.

That being said: Better communication about patches and game testing of patches as well as a decent accurate scedule is a huge issue for this game. @Cedric, any chance that ever will improve before ARK is abandoned for ARK2?

my both homeservers gen2 928 and lost island 1042 reached tame cap today, the lag is cancer but server tame cap makes the whole thing a noshow, no breeding or taming no reason to play.

making chocolate drop from breeding dinos may seem fitting for valentine.. but with everyone having their massive dinoarmys out to get those event goodies to not be able to actually do anything with it.

11 hours ago, catnip said:

Server NA-PVE-Official-GenTwo995 has been down for 15 hours. What's the deal? The other servers in that group seem to be up and running. Why not 995??

And Might I add this has been an ongoing problem for this server. Please get it fixed!

bro i cant believe the server is still down with no update when the server is going back up. The v-day live and i want to tame some new dinos

gen2 servers 990, 937, 922 have been down for 24 hours! we've been flooding support with reports via the "ARK Official Server Outage Report". in the battlemetrics of the servers today, the status has changed to dead! what about the servers? I don't know where else to write about it. characters are locked on the servers, there are a lot of bases of different sizes, now there is an event from which these servers have already dropped out on 24 hours. 

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic