Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Chasiv said:

Hi,

So after the server update, I'm unable to get back in.   It loads and I can see the view from my bed for  a couple seconds and then it crashes with "Lost/timeout connection to host."  Any ideas how to fix this?  I have dinos out that need food ASAP.

Thanks,

Chas

PS>   Server is CrossPlay Gen 2 .. 1625

Same here with gen2 1642 pve xbox official 🤦🏻‍♂️ Every update there’s a suprise stabbed in the back arghhh

21 hours ago, FadeOutBoy said:

Any other NA PVE servers and NA PVP Lost Island are on my session list but only NA PVE Lost Island servers are missing. 

IMG_2128.jpeg

If you mean the Legacy NA servers on Lost Island, I'm having the same problem. They are the only ones that don't appear on my list, however, my girlfriend has no problems to join. 

I would like to enjoy the event without the game rolling back 15-30 minutes countless times a day.  I too have friends that would like to try ARK, but when I tell them that the game is glitchy and crashes a lot, and that WC is more concerned about releasing broken content on top of broken content, and doesn’t listen or seem to care about what is being told to them by a good portion of the community.  They respond by saying “yeah no thanks, I don’t want to deal with that.”.  The other responses I get are in regards to the extensive amount of real life time the game takes up, things like “I don’t have that kind of time to burn on a video game.”, is the most common.  

I haven’t tried lost island yet, I’ve heard good and bad but shouldn’t we just expect mediocre and half ass out of WC by now.  That way at least we don’t get too disappointed, even though they hype the crap out things like a high school pep rally.

Reported but heard nothing, as have others but for the last 24h server 1822 EU crossplay is unplayable. many tames lost across all tribes. dc every 10-20 sec and a constant lag. I've checked other servers in the cluster and its just high ping for them. I cant find any information of when this will this will be fixed or is even getting fixed.

GenTwo 971 has been down for 2 weeks. Some folks are saying it is an issue with a corrupted save, and a rollback didn't solve it.

I've reported the server outage like WC wants, but have a question for the community: Can a server is deemed irrevivable and just never come back? If so, will Wild Card let the people that were on that server know, or will it just be radio silcence?

12 minutes ago, khanthe said:

GenTwo 971 has been down for 2 weeks. Some folks are saying it is an issue with a corrupted save, and a rollback didn't solve it.

I've reported the server outage like WC wants, but have a question for the community: Can a server is deemed irrevivable and just never come back? If so, will Wild Card let the people that were on that server know, or will it just be radio silcence?

In the past, it has been announced and/or handled.  I was on a server that corrupted and we got 4-5 days offline and then when it came up, there was about a 3 day rollback, but they communicated what was happening at least.  Nowadays, with the way things work, there is no telling.

Still was hard to bear, because for the three days of the rollback, I had been in a building mood and built out an enormous addition to my base.  Logged in and a bred creature, all this kibble I made, and about 2/3 of my base all gone as if I never did it.

Edited by TheDonn

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, khanthe said:

Can a server is deemed irrevivable and just never come back? If so, will Wild Card let the people that were on that server know, or will it just be radio silcence?

GenTwo 971 has been down for more than 2 weeks now. Nothing from WC on what's going on.

They are aware of the issue. Not sure if there is any news since that post.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mai said:

@Joebl0w13 yip we're still waiting for some kind of confirmation if server is ever coming back, over 40 people in our discord from the server are left in the dark wondering. And if does stay down permanently how are we even suppose to report lost character if we cant get screenshot

image.png.d13ba294b39030febede45b70fb5ed4f.png

Ya I'm sorry things have worked out this way for you guys. I did chat with WildCard about it. They have been working on it and are still working on it. That's really all I can say. Hopefully, some communications about it will come out soon.

12 hours ago, Razen said:

The freaking [][][][] players are ruining the servers and WC doesn't do anything about it. 3 days ago server started to lag alot (lost island 951) and now started to crash. Its been like this on every EU and NA server they shouldnt be playing. 

Totally agree. On my server we only see [] in the chat. 
These players have filled multiple areas of the map with pillars while they are 
not building anything there.
It seems to me that this is not allowed in pve.
Apart from that the gen2 pve 937 server still crashes so much. 
Several reports are made but nothing changes ...

Capturenj.JPG

Edited by Nejal

Lost Island servers are lagging, disconnecting, freezing, etc. 250+ ping since Saturday or Sunday. And not a word from anyone about it. Many on my server have submitted tickets, no responses. It has been unplayable for days. No one wants to even leave their base for fear of disconnecting.

I keep checking forums and twitter and have seen nothing about this issue. Are you aware of it? Are you working on a fix? Is a fix even possible? 

• Thanks 1

Lost island 1041, disconnecting on almost every server save for the last two days. I have sent in several reports through the proper channel and have seen no  progress to address the issue. I know of several people from my server who have done the same. We are not sure if anyone has even seen the reports. This is suppose to be a fun time in Ark but it is very stressful. I know this is not the proper channel for this issue but I don't know what else to do. Please help. 

For the last 4 days the server has had regular massive lag spikes and rebounds for all players on the server. Note played since launch when the server was full lag was never this bad. Players are claiming its due to duplicating glitches... I'm unsure myself as to why the server are lagging but would like them fixed.

I've been playing on SmallTribes Gen2 150, 151, 153, 155 the last few days.  These servers will crash and rollback every hour without fail. Been up all night and 150 crashed + rolled back 7 times in 8 hours. It has to be duping, being how consistant it is. The game is virtually unplayable and the server is a piece of poop. This is blatant cheating. Fix your game. 

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic