Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

On 1/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, GP said:

So, this is still happening. I decided to move to Ragnarok and lost 20 tames, all equipped gear, and every single item I had uploaded even though I waited for the timer to run out. The game crashes randomly when unloading tames, and reverts back 2-3 saves prior, not to the most recent one. I gave up and decided transferring to another ark was impossible, abandoned all my work on the previous ark, and am now starting from scratch on Ragnarok.

Not to mention the fact that two of the artifacts also crash the game if you try to place them in your inventory on every map. 

This is game breaking. Are you guys ever going to fix this?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is for official servers. My apologies. It's the only one that came up in my search results. 

Edited by RavyTheStoic

Valguero 1101 official PVE has been down for over 24 hours and it wasn’t listed as one of the servers that needed new hardware. 

Then ARK’s Twitter account posted yesterday, no updates today, as far as I can tell. They trailed-off 23 hours ago saying they were relaunching;nothing. 

I just looked at Studio Wildcards posts here regarding the “hardware maintenance” and they unpinned the post 34 minutes ago as of everything was fine…. 

Are you people feeling ok? 

Ark experience is one of the worst I've ever had. Totally love the game but it is rare that I can join a server without at least three or four failed attempts. Yes I have tried every trick and tip in the book and nothing matters. Regardles of what I do, I get a coin toss of watch the game load after server selection and then 'address not found', 'no room', 'unknown error', followed by inevitable, 'player already on servrer' or  'player logon lock' errors. Even if I get on, the likelihood is that I will dc within five or ten seconds at least a couple of times, sometimes so often that I just give up.

Trying to build anything on G2 is a joke. Bad enouh that the game misplaces or positions the structures you place, but then add to that the constant lag or kickbacks and I find myself wasting one out of every four pieces. Half the time you cannot even pick them up and recover within the time window because of the lag and bounceback issues. I literally gave up expanding my base about three times now. Just no point. Tried to fix an issue on a skiff and ended up destroying a tile instead and losing all structures on it, only to find I couldn't replace them anymore. Been that way for weeks now.

I really do love playing the game but that sad truth is that I spend less and less time playing it and more and more time literally just trying to play it or recover from the problems caused by issues that shouldn't exist.

I keep walking away and keep coming back but I'm really at a stage now where I have to wonder why I'm doing this. I used to play video games for enjoyment and relaxation. Ark has just become an endless drudge of annoyances, frustrations, failures, recoveries, or just 'making do'. Even after years, it seems that the more they release, the less and less fun it becomes.

I can't imagine opening G2 to transfers will improve matters and, in fact I expect the whole cluster to fall apart for a few weeks while people bulk over, after which they will become basically unplayable. Great way to end the journey.

Sorry to sound like I'm whining but honestly, I have never played a game I liked so much that left me so fed up in the process. There is little reward in being an Ark fan, it's more like being trapped in an abusive relationship.

I'm playing on official servers and whenever I try join any server it starts to load in then says " Room does not exist " I can see people playing on the server coming and going so I know the server isn't down.

I've restarted my game and computer multiple times and it still doesn't work. I've also been searching the forum and reddit for hours and cant find any fix. Please help!

( Playing Microsoft version on PC )

One of my servers are not popping up in the server list, i have played on it a millions times, but all of a sudden its gone. My tribe mates can get on it but i cant. i have tried refreshing, validating and even reinstalled the game. its been down for 24hrs for me.... does anyone know how to resolve the issue? thanks

Edited by Atreu

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic