Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Ark uses Nitrado for servers so it's not like they just have some potatoes in their offices that could be better. The reason for poor performance is the mechanic and rules of the game. Essentially, the only things that lag the servers are people have wayyyy too much spam, there needs to be a much more strict structure limit, and people have way too many dinos out, especially now during the event. One tribe alone on small tribes is going to have out 100+ gigas alone which is going to cause crazy lag. There's no magic servers that could fix these issues. Wildcard needs to change the rules of the game but they won't because people will cry. Hopefully in Ark 2 they think about how the mechanics affect server performance more.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

That depends, do you want to start a crowd funding campaign for a company that's grossed over 1 billion dollars (yes, billion with a "b"), or do you want to understand why this is how they work?

The Official servers are always going to be weak, because this is not a subscription game. The only reason Official servers exist is to help sell copies of the game (remember that only a small portion of their player base actually plays on Official servers). The Official server don't exist to give players a great experience, they're really more like an advertising expense. Servers cost money every month, but players don't pay every month, so the Official servers are never going to be better than they are (including ARK2 servers).

The servers are not weak because WC can't afford them, the servers are weak because that's the minimum amount of money WC can spend on servers and still advertise that Official servers exist, they're basically just a marketing gimmick.

So we can't expect better server performance in Ark 2?

15 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Why should we? I mean it works for them right? Aslong you buy their Game it doesn't matter to them... thats the Attitude they Show for the last 6 Years... And compared to Atlas (another Wildcard Game) Ark does well... Atlas is a total Cluster**** even compared to Ark... and their they have the same Attitude...

So jeah i will defenetily not buy Ark2 not even on sale because as a Company thats the only Language they understand... Money... im aware and sure there will be enough Lemmings to throw more Billions at their Face... But when i can expect Poop why should i buy this?

And jeah 1005 is down... like many other Servers and Wildcard simply don't adress this...

Edited by Lordpav
Reason

16 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't see any reason to expect it.

1) Company culture - WildCard is still Wildcard. Their company culture hasn't changed since the beginning, nothing about the company culture has changed since they were bought by Snail Games, even with a different parent company they're still managed by the people who started WC to begin with.

2) Follow the money - the business model will still be the same. When a game makes money based on server performance then server performance will be a top priority, when a game makes money based on selling more copies and only a small minority of players actually play on the Official servers then server performance will never be a top priority. WildCard is in the business of publishing the game, they are not in the business of providing top performing game servers.

We have been experiencing the same issues daily in this game.  Makes it completely unplayable.  Can't leave the base and do anything without the game crashing every 20 to 30min and then it rolls back 30min.  At that point we don't even know what it got done, did we feed our dinos before the rollback ETC. ETC. ETC.  They are killing Ark 2 at this point.  Ark 1 run runs worse than games in beta.

1587 gen2 server performance is absolute trash. Constant ping spikes, 1+ minute lag spikes, crashes, rollbacks, and now the new thing.....NO WILD DINO SPAWNS. yes. U read correctly. 0 wild dino spawns except for the odd alpha here and there. 

I don't know why I'm complaining here, the devs don't even venture here to read the issues. And WC, if I'm wrong, prove me wrong and reply to me....

Official PvE Gen2 968 goes down consistently, nearly every two hours. There was a crash 1 hour, I log back in, refarm everything that rolled back and it crashes AGAIN. Regardless of the reason, which I suspect duping and other nonsense, how is this acceptable? Nearly 10% total server downtime. 10%! Pathetic server performance. Now give me the excuse "play on single player if you dont wanna blab blahs blah" no, well it seems private servers and single player have the same damn problems, perhaps for entirely different reasons. 

EDIT: 4 crashes in 10 hours. 

Edited by Boud

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic