Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Hello!

I am quite certain that I am writing on the behalf of the entire server of 919. 

Our server crashes several times a day, does massive rollbacks (My 145 shadowmane that I spent all evening and night (Yes literally - it is 6.32 AM right now) went from 100% done to 56% done at first crash, then down to 0.0% at the second crash). 

Our suspected problem seems to be a large amount of Chinese people duping on the server, causing massive rubberbanding and eventually crashes. I am not entirely sure how it works, but it's getting increasingly frustrating for all of us as this doesn't just happen every other day or so, but SEVERAL times a day. 

Personally, I have filled out numerous crash forms (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform) as per the community managers post, but the issue still isn't fixed and has been ongoing since the release of Genesis II.

Please look into this as soon as possible, as it's starting to wear all of us out.

Best,

Aleriah

Server GenII-919

• Thanks 1

This is getting ridiculous... on official servers... Wildcard you add content to the game where you need to be on point... pinpoint so to say... and your incompetenz make's this impossible... arcade missions no one asked for... who are not just a form of relief, that would be ok... no they are freaking mandatory... whats the identity of ark? Beeing a Sandbox/Survival/Building Game or a stupid Arcade simulator with rubbish programmed poop? Jeah right its just badly designed... and you simply can't provide stable servers... and on top of that... thats the worst you are not able to adress this properly... no instead you running stupid community crunch thingys with nothing the community cares for...

As the headline reads, official server 1541 is down. It’s been down for DAYS. Many if not most players on the server have reported it as being down, submitted tickets, still no action taken. Realize this isn’t the place to post this, but have ran out of options, our characters are stuck, we have other maps to refresh.

im really looking forward to ark 2. But if Ark 2 gets these quality servers I won’t be buying it.

• Like 1

Not sure where and how to post or report this so forgive me in advance if I'm not doing right, and please feel free to recommend how to redirect to get this noticed/actioned.

Playing on XBox Gen2 EU servers (1595) 

Game would otherwise be great. We have pretty good gameplay with occsional lag, nothing unexpected, ping between 40-60. Then suddenly the lags increase more and more often for longer and longer (a minute at a time with position reset or somewhere totally different) until the lag spikes to 150-200 and we get disconnected. Then we are usually stuck in a disconnect reconnect cycle, often not getting online for more than a couple of seconds, max one minute, before the next huge lag and dc. This repeats for anything from 15 minutes to an hour or more and repeats an hour or so later. I have had upwards of 20 to 30 dcs in a single session, often requiring a full game restart and waiting until the server lets you back on (character already on server error). At the moment I genuinely spend more time on load screens and menus than playing. The game is either totally unplayable or when it is, you don't want to go out at the risk of dc and finding yourself dead when you finally get back on with your gear gone. It's happened a few times already. Today I was literally 400m from my base and it took me about forty minutes and six dc/reconnects just to get back inside and log off safe.

Lots of people raging in chat that it's dupers. Lots saying its not. Standard to and fro salt. What I can say is I went to four other servers and they all said they hadn't experienced anything as bad.

I appreciate Wildcard have a lot on their hands but I would be massively grateful if someone could advise or help or just someone from wildcard come on the server and see the behaviour for themselves because after a week of increasingly unreliable and broken gameplay I see no point playing further or restarting somewhere else only for the same to happen again later.

Thanks in advance for genuine help and advice.

1654 as well and 1542 before that. Other servers are running just fine, but a hand few are being manipulated in some way. Mission crashing, Strider Crashing or other bugs. Who really knows. After taking a weeks vacation for Gen 2 release and hardly being able to play, with 0 response to tech support tickets from multiple people, I'm at my end. We moved servers only for it to catch up last night. Tribe of 8. They won't do anything. You are just stuck like this until they release a patch for Xbox next week (PC today). Just starting over on another server that is working in the meantime. You are #1 WildCard t(o.o). 

Na crossplay gen II server 1624 same song and dance.  At first it seemed like there was a pattern to the crashes but then went completely random as the day wore on.  This is ridiculous!  We in the community have been saying for years.  TEST YOUR UPDATES BEFORE DEPLOYMENT!  And when something goes wrong at least acknowledge that you know about it!  Things seemed like they were getting better for a while, even shortly after the gen 2 release and then this happens.  In the name of all things holy, PLEASE get this figured out and fixed.  Some compensation probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to be honest.  I have to agree with the statement if this is how Ark 2 is going to be, then maybe that shouldn’t be released until 2023 or 2024, ya think?

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic