Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I see mods are combining topics again into here.

At any rate, NA-PVE-Official-GenTwo992 went from crashing every 60-90 mins to every 30 mins now. I cant believe rather then look into server issues, the idea was to add more servers.

I hope people remember this nonsense before they rush to open their wallets for Ark 2..

(NA official PVE Gen2 995 on PC)

Server crashing is getting bad. Not only does the server crash every 1-2 hours, but it also involves a 10-15 minute roll back each time.

When you get kicked back to the server select screen after getting the “connection timeout/lost connection” message, the server is completely gone. You have to sit there and wait for 10+ minutes for the server to even re appear on the list to get back in.

I talked to my friends on PS4, and they aren’t having this issue at all. Assuming it’s a PC servers issue? Is anyone else experiencing this? Or are there just Duper’s on our server making it crash on a consistent timer?

I’m sure WC is aware and working on it, I just wanted to give as many details as possible. It’s so hard to play when you get a 15 minute rollback+crash every hour or 2, then a 10 minute wait for the server to reappear to get back in. It’s really killing my motivation to play :(

Server name : EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok42

Region : EU

Map : Ragnarok

It's been reset to day 1 twice now, been like this for over an hour.

This has likely killed our babies as it's now 2:52 in the UK the only reason we were awake at this time was to imprint, that was just about to be done when the "minor update" was announced with a 10 minute warning. We can't sit up all night hoping the backup still exists or if the constant resets to day one will over write it.

Edited by F1tzy

I just crashed on genesis 2 then server full and tribemate says I died I can’t log in he can’t find my body and I am loosing everything on me that’s some bull poop experience … 

you guys should fix your poop 

I know last experience on any forum or ticket is horrible so I don’t expect anything at all but it’s a crappy experience… 

wish you guys did more at this point 

This is about genesis 2.

All the other dlc's (apparently) are fine.

I am playing on gentwo936 with a few friends, we were very excited to see how the story will end.

The first few days on the new dlc went fine, but it quick went badly.

At first it was the servers being constantly full, oke, that's doable..
Just doing the 'join' or 'refresh' game for several minutes-hours, not the greatest thing to do.

But, once you finally get in and I am talking about the past week (second week, gen2 came out).

The ping is insanely high, it's almost constantly 255+, with the occasional server crash.

So many [][][]-tribes are on this server, it's like playing with people that live on the moon, the connection is so poor.

And the dino's are glitching, jumping, phasing all over the place.

In short, the game is now unplayable and is far from enjoyable.

Like it's in early acces again.

Oh, one thing I'd also like to mention, which is a very important thing in my opinion.

Because of the big lags and dc's and what not, there is a lot of hate / discrimination on the server, especially towards the Chinese.

There should be a fix to this problem, else it will only escalate more and more.

A region lock came often by in the server's chat, the reason's can be guessed.

More Asia servers should be added and perhaps with a temporary transfer unlock, from the current EU and perhaps other region genesis2 servers, to new gentwo asiia servers.

So the players, that cause the high ping have a chance to switch servers, without too much loss of time and resources.

(But, avoid transfers from other dlc's to gen2, else that is going to be another problem.)

That is my suggestion, if it is possible at all.

That would probably solve the incredible bad performances on the EU servers.

Perhaps others, that read this post, could share their experience on their gentwo servers?

Hope this gets addressed soon.

Cheers

Edited by Balteraxe

We really went in Ark:Crashfest season? Pretty much every recent server i been on (992 936 748 750 550 568), all have a insane ammount of crashes over the passed few days, vary from every hour to few hours, plus the regular rollback of 10-15 mins.

No idea what you 'patched' last night, but 'server stability' you can scratch from that list, aint working.

Server name : EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok210

Platform : PC

Bug : Server is down since yesterday patch

Just a tip : If you guys don't wanna work on fixing issues related to patch release during sundays, just don't apply patch during the weekend or fridays... Because I have a feeling the server will be back online on monday since it's taking that long to load a back-up and get the server instance back online.

36 minutes ago, Sulivan said:

Bug : Server is down since yesterday patch

Just a tip : If you guys don't wanna work on fixing issues related to patch release during sundays, just don't apply patch during the weekend or fridays... Because I have a feeling the server will be back online on monday since it's taking that long to load a back-up and get the server instance back online.

Server name : EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok42

This was a "Check back in ten minutes after the minor update, no need to restart your client" that wiped the server to day one, twice and is still offline since.

Edited by F1tzy
fixed spelling

Server NA-PVE-Official-Gentwo995 has been crashing basically every 1-2 hours, even after that last supposed server crash fix. And this morning we've also been experiencing major lag as well-comparable to what we were getting on Rag 382 and 383 about a year ago. Usually there is a hard lag just before the server crashes. Could we please get this taken care of? It is making in nearly impossible to play.

EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok210 is back online but it's day 1, everything and everyone got wiped... like please ...

Other Ragnarok official servers got the patch and are fine except 42 and 210 that got wiped.
How hard is it to restore a backup pre-patch then reapply the patch?

Getting the server only back online is not enough, we lost all our stuff too. Is there something that will be done about this? Or we just start all over again?

Edited by Sulivan

1 minute ago, Sulivan said:

EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok210 is back online but it's day 1, everything and everyone got wiped... like please ...

Other Ragnarok official servers got the patch and are fine except 42 and 210 that got wiped.
How hard is it to restore a backup pre-patch then reapply the patch?

Getting the server only back online is not enough, we lost all our stuff too. Is there something that will be done about this? Or we just start all over again?

42 still the same, They could at least let us know if we've just lost everything.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic