Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, SonGohanda said:

me too,
I'm in valguero and I'm trying to go to ragnarok765 but the join button is simply disabled. But it doesn't only happen in ragnarok, I can't go to most servers that start with OC-

Ah, ours is OC also. None of my tribemates can transfer to the OC Rag server. That is somewhat of a relief knowing it's not my character. Luckily my son's character was on there so he can keep things fed. 

Thanks for the confirmation. 

4 hours ago, Dash200879 said:

This server you can’t stay on for 10 minutes, some times it will kick you before you get on. In the last 2 days I have been able to play a total of an hour due to being kicked off. There are servers worse than that? 

IDK, lol, that is pretty bad.  I just left an island server because of constant lag, disconnects, roll backs, and player induced duping crashes.  I could not take it any longer and am almost done with my move.  I am much happier in my new home.  I wouldn't waste any more time there if it is as bad as you say it is.

I think the real problem is that Wildcard put out this great map without a clue as to how the size of the map would impact hosting servers, including their own official servers. 

I know our private hosting company just decided to restrict the map to 16GB servers only which cost twice as much. If that had been planned it might have been easier to swallow. But as it is, they let us load into Genesis 2, we played there for a number of days with no issues at all, then they began shutting down our server every time we try to load the map. They are essentially holding our Ark game and everything we've built up over the years hostage.

It's like renting a hotel room for the night then when you go to check out they inform you that the room rate doubled in the middle of the night. 

Ark developers and their hosting services dropped the ball big time. A lot of these issues aren't as technical as some people might think. It's about lack of foresight & $$$ wanted to provide the actual technical needs in terms of server performance. 

Wildcard made a nice map that no one can easily run, including themselves, and now private hosting companies are wanting twice as much to run the map. 

Case in point...

arkissue - Copy.JPG

https://hosthavoc.com/game-servers/ark-survival-evolved

The game isn't crashing for us. It's being shut down on purpose every time we run it, because the map uses too much memory. 

Edited by DeHammer

If it's a private unofficial server, then it may be that you have to talk to your server host. We experienced the same thing. Turns out our host company is purposely shutting down our server.

I know our private hosting company just decided to restrict the map to 16GB servers only which cost twice as much. If that had been planned it might have been easier to swallow. But as it is, they let us load into Genesis 2, we played there for a number of days with no issues at all, then they began shutting down our server every time we try to load the map. They are essentially holding our Ark game and everything we've built up over the years hostage.

It's like renting a hotel room for the night then when you go to check out they inform you that the room rate doubled in the middle of the night. 

Ark developers and their hosting services dropped the ball big time. A lot of these issues aren't as technical as some people might think. It's about lack of foresight & $$$ wanted to provide the actual technical needs in terms of server performance. 

Wildcard made a nice map that no one can easily run, including themselves, and now private hosting companies are wanting twice as much to run the map. 

Case in point...

arkissue - Copy.JPG

https://hosthavoc.com/game-servers/ark-survival-evolved

The game isn't crashing for us. It's being shut down on purpose every time we run it, because the map uses too much memory. 

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic