Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I'm curious where does it say it is OK to shut down a server for over 5 hours.  Every time I get into the game, I'm there for less than five minutes and I lose connection.  It's either 5 hours plus of this nonsense or you decide either a hard reset to the server, without any message, where we get Ark'd or our dinos die because of the babies we are raising, at times in the 100s.  It is because of this I will not be entertaining any other DLCs for your game.  Fix your glitches, for goodness sake I was Anti meshed in a cave where an artifact was two weeks ago and lost everything including my tame! 

Seriously? Five plus hours of on again, off again resets?  You wonder why maybe, just maybe you are losing more and more players to other games?  Guess what, it is because of your servers, hard resets, long waits on a server coming back up, and I mean hours not 15 minutes, or it could be the anti meshing system in caves that shouldn't be there, maybe a few hundred toxic players (who claim they own the map, the land around them, and pillar with ladders, foundations with pillars, or behemoth gate frames (and yes these are adults).

Bottom line shouldn't be the dollars you have made, it should be the players you keep happy because word of mouth extends to our peers, children, and in some cases, grandchildren.  Get it together Ark, fix the bugs, the glitches, the anti meshing issues, and make US happy!

On 5/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, doggolover98 said:

recently about two or three days ago my game crashed while I was logging off, which is no big deal since I was getting off. However, the next day I was unable to join ANY servers and they also showed a negative player count. So I just didn't play that day. However, the same thing happened the next day. So i uninstalled and re-installed the game. It still didn't work. And up until right now, it still shows negative player counts and I cant join any servers at all.

Have you managed to Join servers now? im having the same problem :(

damn your servers are trash right now, full of box tribes duping like there's no tomorrow to build giant empty bases to sell for real cash, and here's why duping and evading chinese will never being ban for that, Snail Games USA Acquired Studio Wildcard, Developer of ARK, In December, 2015. ... So now you know why ARK is slowly being turned into a major franchise, courtesy of Snail Games. The Chinese game developer and publisher owns Studio Wildcard and, by extension, the ARK franchise.

• Like 1

This game could be so good but is absolutely ruined by the constant lag. I took a few years off playing and I can’t remember it being this bad. It has been 80% okay the last 6 months I’ve played and now since I bought all the DLC for it yesterday it is simply unplayable. I’ve lost countless dinos and hours lagging into things and disconnecting mid air. I cannot play any of the DLC maps and ragnarok is unplayable. I am getting 30 seconds of game time to a minute or two of lag. I will be making sure I get a full refund on the DLC and will not be buying ark 2. Cyberpunk didn’t get away with having too many bugs and it was nowhere near as bad as this is.

• Thanks 1

Our gen server has 'soft crashes' where it bucks all the players out, but they can immediately rejoin.  But in that time your missions end and you have to start again and your Master Controller fight is a full wipe.... it SUCKS.  We've wiped probably 5 times in total while doing MC.  We have to time it to get in there RIGHT at the save and pray to god we can push the phases fast enough to be out before the next save.... otherwise kiss your whole team goodbye.

Further proof the devs have no idea how their game works, nothing has been fixed on gen ever.

as title says I have been disconnecting and getting "Lost/timeout connection to host" every 15-20 mins for the past 2 weeks now on every server i try playing on and it makes doing most things in the game near impossible without dying. I submitted a ticket hoping there was some sort of logs that could be looked at to locate the problem and my ticket got an automated response with links to things I said i had already tried and was closed right after.

Things I have tried

-------

lowering graphics settings

Restarting router

Running game in low memory mode

Running game in directx10

Running game with no sky effects

Uninstalled and Reinstalled entire game 2 different times on 2 different SSDs

Playing in windowed mode

Flushing DNS

renew/leasing IP address

---------