Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

i came on after server crashed which is every 4 hours on official CI and i went thru bed and ended up in the air falling to the ground, and if i run and jump i fly right back up into the air again and land in same spot i tried dying and still stuck to same area which is crazy. so i guess im totally stuck :(

anyone know a quick fix or anything i can try.... ty

love the game still but these days it crashes sooooo much its painful

NA-PVE Crystal isles 830 crashed around 3-3:30pm Est and when it came back online survivors weren't at their bases, locked in first person, tranfers are down, and all base ownerships are gone. Please fix this.. everyone is stuck  so the server needs a serious rollback. Somehow it went to day 1 and seems like pvp, people are able to kill one another and destroy the bases that are still there.

• Thanks 1

NA-PVE Crystal Isles 830 crashed around 3-330pm est today and came back online back to day 1 and seems to have pvp settings. Everyone is locked out of their bases, dinos are missing, locked in 1st person and all bases are saying there's no ownership. please roll the server back as soon as possible because no one can transfer out to take care of other servers. Also maps aren't working either.

NA-PVE Crystal Isles 830 crashed and rolled back to day one or reset to day one. Cant spawn in my base because it shows no bed on the map. Once I found my base I couldn't get inside and when i finally broke into the window. All my animals were gone. Nothing in my boxes, frig, tek, etc. everything is empty. I can't bring up the map, it wont let me. Every base I pass including mine shows no tribe name. I found a drop because i need to get out of crystal isles 830 because this toon takes care of 4 other servers. When I open the drop it doesn't give me the option to transfer out so now I am stuck here. With a base I can't use, with no dinos. I cant do anything. Please fix this ASAP. If it doesn't get fixed i will loose over 1000's dino's from 4 different servers. 

NA-PVE Crystal Isles 830 crashed and rolled back to day one or reset to day one. Cant spawn in my base because it shows no bed on the map. Once I found my base I couldn't get inside and when i finally broke into the window. All my animals were gone. Nothing in my boxes, frig, tek, etc. everything is empty. I can't bring up the map, it wont let me. Every base I pass including mine shows no tribe name. I found a drop because i need to get out of crystal isles 830 because this toon takes care of 4 other servers. When I open the drop it doesn't give me the option to transfer out so now I am stuck here. With a base I can't use, with no dinos. I cant do anything. Please fix this ASAP. If it doesn't get fixed i will loose over 1000's dino's from 4 different servers. 

2 hours ago, Smile404 said:

I am on the same server, after having crashed reappearances and all inventory was lost. The server has been like this for more than 3 hours, reports have been sent, but it still cannot be solved. We find ourselves locked in the map, powering absolutely nothing.😭😭😭😭😭😭

this has been going on almost 7 hours now..

My characters are stuck on the dead EU Official PvE Aberration220 server. It has been marked as "dead" on Battlemetrics for several days.

It affects not only me but also many other players who are currently stuck there. I can only speak for myself that YOU have ruined the event for me!

I can't imprint my tames on other servers. Some of them have certainly died already. I can't give eggs or items to other players. I also can't tame anything properly because I can't access all my equipment and tames anymore.

But who is "YOU"? Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is WC, because the work here is again totally non-transparent. First you take the server offline and put a new one online with a new IP. Many players could not find the server in the server list at the beginning and if they did, they found out after connecting that they were no longer in the tribe or had lost their tribe. Then you take the new server offline again after a few hours and there is no message and no reason for this. I'd rather play on a bad server than none at all, because that's what I'm used to from WC work by now.

I've already played several thousand hours but I've never encountered anything like this. When will this and the other offline servers come back online? Why are no exact reasons given? Why are we not warned beforehand so that we have time to transfer the character?

I have already made so many outtages reports but for several days still nothing new. I have created tickets that will probably only be processed after the event is over. Really great solution again!

Thanks for the great event, which I was looking forward to the most!

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, f4k3 said:

Why are no exact reasons given?

Your server is most likely part of the announcement they did on Discord few days ago:

Hey @Verified,  we just wanted to give you an update on the situation with the server crashes.

We've been able to identify a possible fix, and our team has been working on it over the past few days. It is currently in the process of being put through its paces by our QA team. So far, their tests have shown that this build is stable, and we've resolved the crash, so we're ready to move onto the next stage.

The next stage of this process will involve a slow-roll out of this build where we will update a few servers on PC that are experiencing a high volume of this crash. The reason for this cautious approach is because this crash is related to saved data, and to fix it, we've had to make some changes to how we store specific data on large save files. Due to the technical complexity, we want to make sure we're cautious, especially as it involves saved data.

Once the update has rolled out to a few servers, we'll let it sit for a while and monitor the effects and results. We'll better understand whether this has resolved the issue entirely and whether it has introduced any unforeseen side effects. Assuming all goes well and we confident with the patch, we'll plan for a network-wide rollout.

We appreciate the patience and understanding everyone has shown while we're dealing with this frustrating issue. Our goal is to have a fix out as soon as possible on all platforms. We'll keep you posted when we have more updates.

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Your server is most likely part of the announcement they did on Discord few days ago:

I already thought that this would be quoted to me. And that is precisely where the intransparency lies!

I could not detect any severe failures after 15 minutes on 220. The server was laggy but by far not like the miserable Ragnarok server I also played on, which has 8 crashes including rollback in a row on some days. And it still runs and is not taken offline. Nobody knows what will happen when 220 goes online. What happens to our recently captured Event Reapers? What happens to the people who transferred fresh before the crash? What happens to the days during the event when our mains are stuck on a dead server?

Should I get useless tames from support and raise them after the event? What's the point of that? Why do you do this at a time when the number of players is so high? My God, the game is so many years old and the same problems and the same stupid solutions all the time ...

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic