Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Alessio89 said:

and we get another nice crash! Again all the 890-891-892 full cluster!

Hey @wildcard, what if we make loosing 25 minutes + 15 (world save rollback) of your life every day, every time we get a server crash? Would you like that?

Edited by Alessio89

Hello,

we have problem - our server keep crashing every hour/every other hour. Each crash it is down for half an hour and roll back for another half an hour. We losing achievements, dinos, equipment. 

I posted about server problem here on the forum - nothing changed.
I created support ticket - it was instantly closed, said "we are not supporting server crashes, go to special server crash page to report".
I went to "special server support page" and reported there. And next day again. And again....

Still no improvements, not at all.

QUESTION: please advise, what we should do to bring company attention to our problem and fix it? Is there right place to file right kind of support request? As far as I know, not only our server has this issue - many server does. 

We all paid for the game. We spent many hours, many hundreds hours in this game. And now can't play. Please help us, advise what to do.

Our server crashes details are here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/525836-ongoing-server-instability-crashes/&page=157 
Support server crash suggestion page: https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/221703808-My-server-is-down-What-do-I-do-
Server crash report page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19p2_r2z9wyazMXiJIlFINw0M32WCoUkv039yemwR3lE/viewform

I did them all, no help, no improvements on server situation.

P.S. Company, as workaround, not a real solution, to temporary improve the situation, you need to establish scheduled daily restart for the whole image. Not just server container - whole image. You definitely have resource leaks in both: server containers and utility containers too. Just restart server application will not help.

We need an answer, people cant play, people cant transfer, people are getting crashed/DC/Cant log in.... and then getting rolled back...

What the actual fkc is going on??? 

Why did it take me 5... I repeat 5! meat runs to actually get back to base with the meat I've collected to feed our babies??!

Login, run around for 5 - 10 mins, get DC get rolled back to 4 - 9 mins after, every single time, every... single... time... for the last 2 days...

I'm referring to the Crystal Isles servers on crossplay...

If your having this issue, please respond here, and ask W/T/F// is going on?!?!!!

Since company wont react to out posts here, I would suggest to start writing negative reviews in Steam and Social Networks. May be then they will figure that something is not right with their game and company?

Game is unplayable now. Company wont fix issues, wont recognize problems, don't listen to us nor provide required support.

Just say truth to ppl. 

LEGACY-PVE-EU-CrystalIsles940

Here's the log of what has been happening...

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/7308679

It has been down most of yesterday and its been down for an (6 hours) today!

This server has been messed up for two days!

How long does these crashes take to come back online?

I reported the issue here on (Wildcard's ARK official server outage) page, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform. anybody there?

Edited by iDash

Good News/Bad News

Good News: I was able to log back into Crystal Isles 1484 (after transferring from Extinction, last night). Didn't lose my character or my base.

Bad News: I was 3 slots away from being blackbared, with hide and ele dust, my asc whip, and asc hazmat all gone...

Small Price to pay for Wildcards inability to keep up with server/player demands.

Not sure why, probably because I'm not a programmer, its so difficult to keep servers healthy and running.

Not sure why, probably because I'm not a programmer, its so difficult to keep a running log of all transfers, items, dinos that each tribe has, what they lost, when they lost it, and why they did. So they can be compensated (as any good customer service rep would do for a dedicated player)

I would love to get paid by Wildcard to be an Admin, take on each ticket, read each log tied to IP's, Tribe, and server, and give back to the players of this game that I love so much... 

Not sure why, probably because I'm a fool, I can't just quit this game, and throw my hands up at the inadequate customer service Wildcard provides... yet I'm still here, and always will be.

Our server #80 is now crashing every hour. Not possible to play. 

Not sure why, probably because I'm not a programmer, its so difficult to keep servers healthy and running.

Company is trying to save as much money as they can. On us. They only allow minimal amount of resources for each server. Server has memory leaks. As soon as it leaks enough to fill allowed memory - it crash "no memory" error which is not recoverable. Unfortunately, not only game server piece has bugs, other parts of the entire service also have bugs.

Company could resolve/improve situation by allowing more memory to each server - but that mean to spend more money on hosting.

They could establish normal support - same reason, saving money. on us.

They could hire more/better software developers.....

The answer to you question is: Company is not interested to provide us good service - they are saving money. on us.

P.S. I suggest to  start writing negative reviews to the game in steam and start saying truth about the game in social networks: game is not playable.

Edited by Egor

My server is completely gone from the list. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't tell you how incredibly pissed off I will be if this is a permanent thing. Even if it's not permanent, all the wyverns I was raising are going to die because I can't feed them. Not because I didn't pay for the game, not because I didn't pay my psn membership, not because I didn't pay my electric bill, not because I forgot about it or threw my TV out the window, its because for whatever reason Wildcard finds it impossible to make their game function as it should. I get this is a game, but it's important to me. I was really looking forward to ark2 but issues like this really diminish my confidence in the individuals that are paid to make this crap work. I wish I could go to work and delete my customers data, then just kinda not worry about it. No mention of anything from Wildcard, leaving everyone in the dark is the worst part. I stick up for this game quite a bit but now I'm starting to think I'm wrong for doing doing so.  Frustrating and embarrassing. 

Same here man, 1439 is gone and I can't feed my wyverns. I really enjoy the game, but can't stop wishing it were developed by a legitimate company not run by 22yo stoners, or at least people with the common sense to inform their customers when their service is being shut down for poops and giggles. I'm kinda over ark, for as much time as I've invested in the game it's basically a waste when crap like this passes as acceptable. What a joke the CEO of wildcard must be. I would be so embarrassed. 

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic