Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

And that is exactly what i said to certain level. And you can only blame players for that rule. If they would not had abused the system before we might still be able to get higher lvl tames reimbursed.

You used to be able to get even colors reimbursed.

I know, and it was a fair deal, or babies raised, that were an exact replacement. The thing is, especially on PVE, that it would not affect gameplay in any way if they would replace your dinos. It's just pixels, they don't spend money to reimburse your lost stuff and the only benefit one might get from a new dino is irrelevant to the server as a whole. On PVP, sure it might have some impact, but on PVE there is absolutely no reason for GMs to be useless.

Edited by Oieru

4 hours ago, Luewen said:

And that is exactly what i said to certain level. And you can only blame players for that rule. If they would not had abused the system before we might still be able to get higher lvl tames reimbursed.

When a system is designed in such a way that it can be abused easily, the proper thing to do is to fix the system, not blame the entire player base for what a handful of cheaters do.

The real reason why these limitations exist is because Wildcard isn't able to track what players have, and therefore have to rely on player provided claims and evidence.

This is a technical design flaw on their side, let's not blame the players for Wildcards' incompetency or lack of will to invest time and resources into actually fixing the problem.

Today I'was using ark transmiter from the island server 749 to extinction 465 with my all items 100 dinos and other items. When i was in 465 i put items to chest after 5 min server was lagged and kick me and all players. When i logged to server i have nothing and my chest are empty :(:( i make photos before can somebody help me ? 

Edited by BARTEK1999

Server 343 Island PVE is crashing aburdly many times, I keep losing all my dinos and gear and everything by the constant crashing of this server. Its ridiculous how often this server crashes. Im getting so damn offended by this. Please look into this. Either the servers are still really cheap or something is making it crash OR people still make it crash.

Today this server has crashed already 6 times and there is nothing special about that. Today I lost 2 Ferox and Ascendant gear twice. Yesterday I lost 6 Gigas and 2 wyverns. Why do you keep letting this happen? Please fix these crashes.

8 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

When a system is designed in such a way that it can be abused easily, the proper thing to do is to fix the system, not blame the entire player base for what a handful of cheaters do.

The real reason why these limitations exist is because Wildcard isn't able to track what players have, and therefore have to rely on player provided claims and evidence.

This is a technical design flaw on their side, let's not blame the players for Wildcards' incompetency or lack of will to invest time and resources into actually fixing the problem.

This is partly true. Its the workload that limits it. They have all the means to track what players have. They most likely can track how many times player defecated in las 24 hours. On serious note, all dinos have id’s and most of the items also. They can all be tracked, just needs a lot of work to read logs. And amount of tickets there is... yeah, not gonna be happening.

21 hours ago, Luewen said:

This is partly true. Its the workload that limits it. They have all the means to track what players have. They most likely can track how many times player defecated in las 24 hours. On serious note, all dinos have id’s and most of the items also. They can all be tracked, just needs a lot of work to read logs. And amount of tickets there is... yeah, not gonna be happening.

Kinda sad they dont have a proper log working with details as they should be able to make a simple “google” search in it with player name and gt related this should be easy. I think its the time and money they dont want to put into. Its possible but its more like are they willing to put money in such system. They never wont as the server stability are providing prove to it. We just have to accept their handicaps.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, Oieru said:

I know, and it was a fair deal, or babies raised, that were an exact replacement. The thing is, especially on PVE, that it would not affect gameplay in any way if they would replace your dinos. It's just pixels, they don't spend money to reimburse your lost stuff and the only benefit one might get from a new dino is irrelevant to the server as a whole. On PVP, sure it might have some impact, but on PVE there is absolutely no reason for GMs to be useless.

Yeah, i know it would be nice to get proper stuff back but its abusable unless you have proof what you lost. Even if its just pixels some ppl have spent loooong time breeding the lines we have on official and would be quite unfair to have random high stat GM spawned dinos just nullify all the effort.

But against proof what you lost. Sure, why not. But the rule is internar guideline and prolly stems from amount of time it takes to replace different dinos and even lpnger to do that to certain stats or colors. The amount of tickets is already high so by the time you get some stuff back, you have raised 5 more what you lost.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Sausagedog85 said:

Oh look.. my PVE Island server just crashed.. I guess all 8 of us that where online and just chatting, not doing anything specific where just too much for it..  lol

There is quite a lot of performance improvement on servers. One only needs to start their own server and see. 

On terms of official server, no performance update will mitigate huge ugly box base warehouses that are appearing like mushrooms after rain or everyone and their dog throwing their tames out during events and then leaving them out after. Even with cryopods available...

You also realize that without these updates we would not been able to play 3 years ago on any official server if they would have had the stuff there is today.

12 minutes ago, Bagelbyte2 said:

Hey all server transfers are broken again just lost another toon (PC PVE Official) so glad we get a 2x xp this weekend to make up for literally hundreds of hours xp lost and no longer imprinted to my dinos! Well done! No chance of purchasing ark 2 with this kind of customer service!

Update, Im a dippoop.... i just forgot i downloaded the character to a different server. However, the constant loss in this game due to glitches crashes and lack of care for the customer when these issues occur is utterly disgusting.  This game is literally gold. The concept of this game is by far the best survival game to date. If the response to tickets from customer service was a tad quicker (one week wait max not 2 months...) and the solutions were fair (replacing what you had with picture proof, not too bad here's a wild tame). Now it seems like all your effort and care is dedicated to ark 2 and your big release for genesis 2 is coming and not a single Genesis part 1 server functions. You get kicked from the server every time the volcano erupts. Server saves last 2-3 minutes on MOST genesis part 1 servers and its been this way for MONTHS with no response from any wildcard team members as to if they are even looking for a solution. This is extremely frustrating because this game has so much potential! I really hope Genesis part 2 isn't a complete bust like Genesis Part 1 has been.  

Aberration EU 223 2 - 10 players at map.  Crash, timeout every 5 minutes. Server reported
Any other servers - the same situation.

Is this a product? Imagine you have bought a car and its engine turns off every 5 minutes.

I think you just have done with putting your efforts into Ark 1, you have packed all official servers into 3-5 times lower number of virtual machines. Just to fill your deal with customers that have bought Ark1 and you have cut your costs to almost zero..

With that policy its hard to believe you will do great and reliable product with Ark 2.

timeout2021-02-22_18-01-26.jpg

8 hours ago, slejo said:

Aberration EU 223 2 - 10 players at map.  Crash, timeout every 5 minutes. Server reported
Any other servers - the same situation.

Is this a product? Imagine you have bought a car and its engine turns off every 5 minutes.

I think you just have done with putting your efforts into Ark 1, you have packed all official servers into 3-5 times lower number of virtual machines. Just to fill your deal with customers that have bought Ark1 and you have cut your costs to almost zero..

With that policy its hard to believe you will do great and reliable product with Ark 2.

timeout2021-02-22_18-01-26.jpg

You can easily see how many servers are there in a server virtualization by looking at the ip adresses and there has not been any noticeable changes of virtual instances.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic