Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, davey316 said:

but its the usual 0 communication

You're so wrong. There has been communication. There was even a dev who posted in this very thread. And there was a couple community crunches. But it is true they have a policy of minimal communication, and that has been hotly debated over the years. Some say it's good, creates a fire wall between us and them so they can focus on their work and also not antagonize us with promised fixes while not delivering on time etc... some say it's bad because with out even promised fixes or knowledge of their direction we feel like they do nothing. I say shut up and play the game as it is or go buy a new one. What ever. That is my two cents.

2 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

You're so wrong. There has been communication. There was even a dev who posted in this very thread. 

Do you mean lilpanda's reply to me from way back in 2019? That was actually before this thread even existed.  I've always found lilpanda very helpful but clearly he has a big enough job to manage their servers and I don't think he has the time anymore to answer individual server issues personally. It shouldn't really be his job to do that.  Wildcard have people that they pay to communicate with their customers, but they are notably absent in this thread.

If people have issues with servers they are free to comment on them.

Telling other forum members to shut up is incredibly rude.  

Edited by Hemplethwaite

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Do you mean lilpanda's reply to me from way back in 2019? That was actually before this thread even existed.  I've always found lilpanda very helpful but clearly he has a big enough job to manage their servers and I don't think he has the time anymore to answer individual server issues personally. It shouldn't really be his job to do that.  Wildcard have people that they pay to communicate with their customers, but they are notably absent in this thread.

If people have issues with servers they are free to comment on them.

Telling other forum members to shut up is incredibly rude.  

I remember jat replying somewhere in this thread, but it's grown so big I'm not inclined to go looking for one comment. Also when I said shut up, I wasn't referring to anyone, rather the recurring discussion about wild cards decision not to engage us here. And feel free to discuss that regardless, I just did lol.

Logged in at ext 494, again lost all on me due to so many rollbacks. Server doesnt stay up longer then 3 mins per session.

Also checked mail to see if any of the 56 tickets our server has submitted due to this, has been answered.

Answer; None.

Only thing me and many others asking right now is why even to bother sending those while nothing happens.

Is this gamingcompany that bad they dont come to support official servers anymore?

PLEASE HELP YOUR PAYING COMMUNITY!!

I paid roughly 120 euros to play this game.

All paid DLCs are almost unplayable. No repsonse to tickets. No help, nothing from WildCard.

All events are almost unplayable. No repsonse to tickets. No help, nothing from WildCard.

Most ragservers are almost unplayable. No repsonse to tickets. No help, nothing from WildCard.

Anyone ever got help from WildCard since they went out of early acces?

I mean like a GM or a serverfix or something like that on PvE?

Ever?

Well what are you asking them for help with exactly? I play on like 5-6 servers regularly including a rag server on PVE and its very playable. Granted at sometimes things act up and give me issues trying to log in for idk like 10-20 minutes occasionally specifically on my genesis server but in no way does that make it unplayable. You sound like you are exaggerating to me. Events I will agree do cause more of the usual problems and I would say there are times when the game is unplayable during some of the events but its not like the game is in this state permanently.

I'm on 2 ext servers, 2 ragservers, 1 CI to where we have moved everything and is als stabile (if you play around the lags), 1 genserver (only one of the previous wich is actually playable). Island I gave up on and abberationmap we only refresh for the time being. 

All servers from the above, except CI and genserver, are completely messed up. Players gave up and most of them move along to more "safe" servers.

What help you ask?

Fixing servers. What people are asking for a long time now.

Fix them. Throw them offline for a week or how much time it needs, please please fix those servers.

2 minutes ago, NuFu said:

I'm on 2 ext servers, 2 ragservers, 1 CI to where we have moved everything and is als stabile (if you play around the lags), 1 genserver (only one of the previous wich is actually playable). Island I gave up on and abberationmap we only refresh for the time being. 

All servers from the above, except CI and genserver, are completely messed up. Players gave up and most of them move along to more "safe" servers.

What help you ask?

Fix them. Throw them offline for a week or how much time it needs, please please fix those servers.

"Completely messed up" is not specific enough, they cant fix it if they dont know what the problem is, is it constantly timing out? De-synching? Rubber banding? Bad saves? 

19 minutes ago, NuFu said:

What help you ask?

.... you're good, like getting a meal at a restaurant and going "Oh it tastes bad fix it". 

Also when complaining helps to know what system you are on as well as the actual issues you are suffering.

Just an fyi most people paid for the game mentioning it doesnt mean **** all

• Volunteer Moderator

Hello, breathing human here.

1 hour ago, NuFu said:

No repsonse to tickets.

Game Masters can only assist with in-game issues that require administrative actions. If your server is suffering performance issues or any technical difficulties (lag, rollbacks, crash, etc.) then you should report it using the http://ark.gg/outage form so that a server technician can investigate. This is the official (and only) channel to use for such matters.

PS: I breathed roughly 10 psi to write this post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NuFu said:

What help you ask?

This was basically what I was expecting. You send in tickets saying "server is unplayable, fix it" well of course your not getting a response as thats not an in game issue really. What you should be doing is reporting it in the manner that invincibleqc suggested. Id wager that at the time you send a ticket in saying its unplayable, that if someone from WC were to look at the server in question that they would see 5-10 people playing on that server every day so that contradicts what your saying and would most likely mean your issue is more to do with your own setup/internet.

Im not saying that the game is perfect or anything by any means but you gotta be specific, you cant just say its bad, fix. You also need to be realistic about what you are asking, as the in game mods are there to fix or compensate for in game bugs. They are not there to fix servers, which I wholeheartedly agree need to be improved, a lot. It just seems the way your going about getting your voice heard is meaningless unfortunately.

Also unplayable is subjective, There have been many times where I hear people cry "unplayable" in this game while I may not find the inconveniences they mention to = unplayable and im still active every day.

Привет ребята привет Ville Cardo, что случилось с Pve серверов Genesis дополнение удар играть ад на нас серверы только для небольшой игры слишком удар это так трудно писать на английском языке и в рев переводчика Уважаемые разработчики помогут kard так что больше не следует продолжать я делаю об оптимизации обычно молчать хорошо с серверами нужно сделать что-то или близко к аду игра хороша, но не может играть из-за ударов серверов

13 minutes ago, Sewer said:

Hi guys hi Ville Cardo what happened to pve servers Genesis addition kick to play Hell on us servers just for a little play too kick it So hard to write in English and in the roar of interpreter Dear Developers Will help kard so should no longer continue I do about optimization generally keep quiet well with the servers need to do something or close to hell the Game is good but may not play because of the kicks servers

Spoiler

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic