Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

just syaing?

no dis at WC as i love the game but the CI official Server 840s been crashing for weeks 3-4 times a day and each time giving a Rollback of 30-60mins. i dont want to just leave it seeing as ive been playing on there since the start but why cant it be fixed or of the Server its stored on be replaced with a new one etc etc....? i just want to know thats all.

i just wanna play the game and have fun but i cant

this is a common issue for offical players i am seeing this more and more while friends are transferring to other servers to do other boss on maps so fourth and coming into a server and server crashes rolls back before they was there all there stuff is gone that was pulled off obelisk or transmitter and chars is empty no items and i understand there is nothing u can do about 1 or 2 to roll back or to fix there lost items but fixing the problme completly as in not losing items if server crashes after transfering then a roll back happends all items you pull out and dinos are just gone like it never happend even putting in a ticket we here nothing they can do all we can do is report how this happends and maybe come up with a fix 

Game is unresponsive during gameplay. I am playing on Official Servers and the game won't respond to trying to interact with storage/items for what seems 20-30sec. This happens multiple times. I have ran a speed test during these issues and it is not my internet (getting 5ms ping, 479Mbps down, 12Mbps up) . When pressing the ESC key in-game, I've seen ping at 130-233. I sometimes will get a message that the connection "timed out". I do have port forwarding configured on my router.

Edited by Stormblade

I get everyone is busy with Gen 2 and ark 2, but wow the servers are probably the worst i have ever seen them, to the point the game is pretty much unplayable, island 78, extinction 469, centre 200 crash and kick at almost every server save, the roll backs are so bad, you simply cant do anything, cant go near a boss fight without losing everything due to crash or roll back,anyone else noticed the server stability decrease since the christmas event? is so what servers?

Same.

On my case, Genesis became completely unplayable. Almost guaranteed disconnects every 15 minutes on server saves, plus frequent crashes+rollbacks. Gave up on even trying anymore, not worth the stress and frustration.

Ragnarok, too risky, lost everything twice there due to crashes shortly after traveling ( known problem if the server crashes between arriving and saving ).

Extinction, historically the worst, seems a little better after event was over, but I suspect this is because people are moving their massive breed operations to Genesis.

Unpopular opinion, but I hope Genesis 2 is hostile and not suitable/profitable for home bases/breed ops. Maybe we could, you know,  just play the damn DLC.

Hello, I play ark on the ps4pro in PvE, and have massive problems with the performance of the official Extinction servers!
I have already tried 3 servers and get kicked again and again ... now I have decided to stay on server 991 because there are always 
few players online, and still I get kicked all the time, mostly in the worst moments ... 
the server has permanently "lag" and is unplayable, not only in the center of the map also outside! 
But the other EXT servers were also unplayable for me. All other servers on which I have bases (Valguero, Crystal Island)run great! 
Just not extinction server ... and yes, as a European I also chose european servers. I would be grateful for any advice!
As written above, the problem is permanent lag and disconnection.

Greeting, Eule

Another day, another crash+rollback after traveling, resulting on loosing everything I had on me *AGAIN*.

Traveling from Extinction 745 to Island 751. Server crashes shortly after arrival. Log back in, naked, everything on me gone, my tribe is not my tribe anymore.

Not even going to bother with tickets, already know they can't fix the problem, and can't help players get their stuff back.

I have no words for such incompetence. Ark 2? Yea, right, no thanks.

CrystalIsle842 permacrash...2 hours -.-'

Server failed to respond to query29 minutes ago
Server failed to respond to queryan hour ago
Server failed to respond to query2 hours ago

so many servers are having issues, and nobody is doing anything about it, the game is so unplayable and all they care about is gen 2 and ark 2,which we all know will be late and broken anyway, (you know they in trouble when they have to take the community manager away from his job to help!) someone really needs to to take a look and see whats going on, all posts get moved into a 3 year old thread, maybe make the people who need to know aware of the situation instead? nobody is picking up server outage reports or just ignoring them either way the players get screwed.

This has been going on for so long, but since the christmas event has been 10x worse.

please can someone take a look?

1 hour ago, davey316 said:

so many servers are having issues, and nobody is doing anything about it, the game is so unplayable and all they care about is gen 2 and ark 2

Well, I agree that the game is pretty broken - not unplayable for me, but really inconvenient and frustrating.  The main server that I am on will drop everyone once or twice an hour, but only leading to one unnecessary death for me.  

I will say many posts here make a common mistake: pretending to know things that you could only possibly know if you worked for WC.  We don't know if nobody is doing anything about it.  I would imagine that they are interested in keeping people playing - that keeps a fanbase that leads to revenue, so I would assume that they are trying to fix it.  I don't know either way, but it only makes sense that they are likely working on it.  We also don't know that they only care about gen 2 and ark 2.  It seems like at least a quarter of the posts in this forum consists of people pretending to be able to read the minds of developers that they don't likely know.

This happens quite often in software development: you fix one issue and it creates another.  I won't pretend to know what they are thinking and doing, but reason makes it more likely that they know about it, that they care and that they are working on it.  We have had many pervasive bugs in ark that were eventually fixed before.  While Ark is late in its life cycle, I don't imagine that they would willingly frustrate all of their player-base before new products come out.

How many times before has this happened: there is a lingering bug in the game.  It isn't fixed for several weeks and everyone screams either "they don't care" or "they don't have the skills to fix it".  Then it gets fixed and everyone moves on until it happens again.

Edited by maxplanck58

a simple post to say we are aware of the situation and are working on it may help, but its the usual 0 communication that makes it so frustrating. servers im playing on are crashing at every server save and kicking people out, which obviously makes it impossible to do any osd's or ele drops, cant even breed dinos as they born your kicked time you get back in they are dead.

so for me its totally unplayable.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic