Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, catnip said:

Very True!!! If you look at the downtime history on Battlemetrics you can see that this has been an ongoing problem since LAST Winter Event!! It seems to happen most often during the events, with at least 1-4 server crashes lasting multiple hours each event. I know we're ONLY PVE in your eyes, but PVE players do make up a decent amount of the playerbase. 

One has to wonder, if WC is unwilling to address these issues in the current version of Ark, whether or not the current players will want to waste their money on ARKII...

I wrote Battlemetrics and asked them where they got their averages from because from what I myself was documenting it was out by the planet Pluto! They replied to me with:We rely largely on queries to determine if a server is online, how many players are on that server, and for how long. If a query fails we mark a server as offline, as we have no other way to determine its uptime status. Obviously this can create problems when networking or routing problems prevent a successful query while the server is, in fact, online. Unfortunately this is just a fundamental limitation of our ability to know the status of a server and I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

everyday for the last week + the server is crashing 2-3 times a day sometimes within 3 hour periods and this is happening DAILY.....WHY can this not be fixed....

im very very confused why game devs of a game cant fix all these crashes, we are spending time playing the game and then having 30min - 1 hour rollbacks and losing everything we have done and then losing dinos/ items and if anyone takes something out of the transfer and servers crashes then thats gone too :(

i lvu the game please tell me WHY !!!!!! is it being DDos'd or what ??? im lost and just want to play and enjoy the game ive been playing since day one.

Server rolled back sometime before I grabbed all my stuff from the ark data. I was minding my own business when I couldn't get off my tame. Continued to try until I got dc from the game. Logged back in to the point where I was before I grabbed my stuff from ark data. Went to check the terminal everything was gone out of there. Went back to where I was, and my tame was not there. Why!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if its happening on all extinction servers but server NA-PVE-PS4Official-Extinction1007 has been lagging very bad for a week and a half now. Starting today, the server started crashing every 15-20 minutes. I talked with a few of the players and we've all came to the conclusion that every time an element vein gets completed the server crashes and that person loses the element. I've personally had this happen to me over 5x today as well as other players reporting the same thing. Please fix server NA-PVE-PS4Official-Extinction1007

19 minutes ago, rdtravis73 said:

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN ON SERVER NA-PVE-OFFICIAL-RAG68

I WAS OFF DOING SOMETHING ELSE FOR THE LAST 5 HOURS..CALLED LIFE..BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS!!! 

AND 20 MIN LATER IT'S UP...THAT USUALLY LOOKS TO BE  THE TIME FRAME FOR THE SERVERS GOING BACK UP...I'LL REPORT AGAIN ONCE IT GOES DOWN AGAIN...AND YES IM TIMING THIS. BTW WE LOSE ABOUT 15-30 MIN OF WORK EACH AND EVERY TIME!!

Again, for third time this last week, Cristal isles 863-864-865-866 crashed again, expected time, as for the other 2 crashes, 12 hours, at least.

Damn this make me want to play either gen 2 or ark 2 so bad. 80% downtime last seven days, and this is only going to go down with today even more.

Still no aknowledgement of the problem, nor any excuse, what a joke.

49 minutes ago, Gedanox said:

Again, for third time this last week, Cristal isles 863-864-865-866 crashed again, expected time, as for the other 2 crashes, 12 hours, at least.

Damn this make me want to play either gen 2 or ark 2 so bad. 80% downtime last seven days, and this is only going to go down with today even more.

Still no aknowledgement of the problem, nor any excuse, what a joke.

Agreed, would be nice to know why and if they are fixing it. Need new server/map managers who know how to actually fix the problem instead of putting a band-aid on it, I think their degrees have expired.....

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland895

Constant crah all day, not even playable, started 5 days ago with awfull lags and a daily crash and now this. I'm so fed up with official, i wanted to get the official experience and have a toon before part 2 but man, i feel like this game is just never gonna get better. 3 years later and the game is still a mess on offi.

Our Server EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland895 is crashing the whole Day constantly at the serverside Backupsave and roll us all back to the last save. Sometimes it goes over a save and were made another 15 minutes on the Server, but most of the Time its crashing in Save and rollback.

Absolutly unplayable this way, some Guys lost all there Stuff because of this.

Pls Admins do anything bout that.

Edited by bloodyangel84
Texterror, changed Title

• bloodyangel84 changed the title to EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland895 Constant Server Crashes

So, why are there constant rollbacks happening on Legacy servers now?!  It is bad enough that there is constant lag daily, and some servers like Genesis, we get like 4m lag spikes.  But now your servers are not strong enough or no clue, and now we keep getting kicked and rollbacks happen without warning.  As of 5m ago, I am 1 of 4 people that have no lost imprinted dinos, crafted gear, etc. to a sudden server crash that forced a rollback.  Why?!

And to top it off, we submit tickets but you guys do not care because we are "Legacy".  If that is the case, why have Legacy to begin with?  We still pay for DLCs you sell, we still buy this and buy that, yet you do not support us when things like this arise?!  So with this rollback, I just lost all that work the past week off and enjoying your event, but am sure I will get the same response like you sent my 3 friends that you do not care because we are Legacy.

Maybe for once put yourselves where we are at...how would you like to have spent a week or so imprinting a really great Giga finally, Magmar, etc. cryo them and all excited to use it plus clone a nice dino for once ourselves, only to suddenly the server reset and rollback?  I had just ported to Genesis to refresh Ambergris and get more, had just ported back to 485 Island, when we get booted...server takes 10m to come online, then I login to being naked, no items on my hotbar, no items in my inventory.  All that work, gone.

After 1 Week Rollbacks and server downs its getting much more worse.  The Server is reset from day 29k to day 1 and the best thing: We lost everything. Ticket sendet and hoping for help from WC. Tribe The Ark-Knight's Official Center 77

Update : ServServer is back at day 29250 thx WC ❤️

Edited by Gesetzeshueter

5 hours ago, DXGamer said:

So, why are there constant rollbacks happening on Legacy servers now?!  It is bad enough that there is constant lag daily, and some servers like Genesis, we get like 4m lag spikes.  But now your servers are not strong enough or no clue, and now we keep getting kicked and rollbacks happen without warning.  As of 5m ago, I am 1 of 4 people that have no lost imprinted dinos, crafted gear, etc. to a sudden server crash that forced a rollback.  Why?!

And to top it off, we submit tickets but you guys do not care because we are "Legacy".  If that is the case, why have Legacy to begin with?  We still pay for DLCs you sell, we still buy this and buy that, yet you do not support us when things like this arise?!  So with this rollback, I just lost all that work the past week off and enjoying your event, but am sure I will get the same response like you sent my 3 friends that you do not care because we are Legacy.

Maybe for once put yourselves where we are at...how would you like to have spent a week or so imprinting a really great Giga finally, Magmar, etc. cryo them and all excited to use it plus clone a nice dino for once ourselves, only to suddenly the server reset and rollback?  I had just ported to Genesis to refresh Ambergris and get more, had just ported back to 485 Island, when we get booted...server takes 10m to come online, then I login to being naked, no items on my hotbar, no items in my inventory.  All that work, gone.

dont expect answers of the Admins .. it really looks like they dont care about Community

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic