Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

This server, Xbox official Ragnarok917 has been rolling back for over 5 days now.  I have two Wyverns that between both of them unfortunately took a week out of my life overall.  And who knows where they are since the server keeps crashing.
Can someone pleaseee tell me, if ever they intend to fix this game???

Edited by Wats12321232
Misprint

I'm a new player that got ark a couple of days ago and thus far my experience has been miserable, from the constant lags to the disconnects/timeouts, and today it's the entire pvp server that I play on going down repeatedly, this is just unplayable.

The boosted rates from unofficial servers are not a thing I look forward to, but are these at least stable? I freakin' loved the game concept so far, it would be nice if I could properly experience it.

The answer is a bit complicated, as there are a lot of factors involved. To some extent your experience may be in part to the server you spend most of your time on, some servers are more stable than others. Generally paid DLC maps (Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis) tend to be a bit more stable but, again a certain server could just be in bad shape regardless of the map. Keep in mind that at each server save, which happens about every 15 minutes (this is the same as the timer on transferring or uploading), there will be lag spikes which will can be much longer if there's a lot built up on the server.

There is also the winter event going on, and any event will usually take a toll on official servers. Between more people active and especially if there's a lot of breeding/raising going on.

The disconnects do happen occasionally, but since the mega boosted rates for the charity event and TLC patch they seem to be much more frequent on pretty much all official servers. There could be a bug causing it, but honestly no players would really know whats going on with it.

Finally as you're on pvp, it's worth noting that there are... reasons... why some players or tribes may want to purposely induce lag/crashes. I'll leave it at that

Server stability is highly dependent on population, structure count, your personal ISP and your bandwidth/speeds, your hardware, and of course your settings.  It's not uncommon to get a little stuttering from time to time followed by the well known 15 minute server saves which can last up to a minute.  However, it also depends on the map you chose to play on, some maps are better than others.  

If I were to make any suggestions, I'd say you should trim down your graphics, drop the latest direct x for the latter,  make sure you tweak your commandline if you are using a multi core processor, and see how it acts.  If the lag continues, run a speed test for your net, if thing appear to be fine there, then find a different server to play on and see if anything changes.   If after all that you still find it laggy, then you've basically hit the norm when it comes to Ark servers.

@lilpanda

Please investigate issues with OC PvP Crystal Isles Servers.

They are crashing several times a day, and I've lost count how many dinos and items have been lost to rollbacks when things have been downloaded from cloud in between.

When one OC PvP Crystal Isles server falls over, they all do. I would suspect it's hardware related.

I have reported multiple times on the Server Outage Report form this past week.

That's it, seems I, or anyone I know for thar matter isn't getting a response.

It's been up to 4 days happenning on some servers, on 863, 864, 865 and 866 its been loopcrashing before server save for more than 12h now, seems by the discord that it's happening to more servers each moment, and I am not seeing any kind of mention anywhere.

Edited by Gedanox

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic