Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Hey I'm sure this thread has come up a million times! I know it has because I've looked at almost every single one I could find and have still have no clear answer for what is happening here and was wondering if anyone could maybe help with this.

I've been hosting a server on a friends dedicated server hosting Windows PC for years I have remote access to it so I can get on and change things if need be. The server itself had worked fine up until sometime after Valguero released and then it suddenly stopped appearing in the server list, we couldn't figure out what had happened and we just gave up eventually... cut to about 2 weeks ago I try update the server just to see if anything happens and all of a sudden it works again! It shows up! Absolutely nothing has changed on that PC since it stopped appearing last time. Ports. IP address. Nothing. 

Now the server ran perfectly stable for a couple weeks up until their PC had to reboot for updates about 3 days ago and then... the server no longer appears in the list again. The Ark server is up to date the ports are still correct and open. It straight up refuses to show up in the favourites list in the steam server viewer or in game. Apart from the PC itself updating, again, nothing has changed with their IP, Ports both TCP and UDP, 7777, 7778, 27015, Firewall, whatever. We've checked. Nothing has changed on my end or their end that we can clearly see. It ran fine for a couple weeks until a windows update and then kaput. We tried capturing all the packets to see if anything was up, turns out that they are receiving all my queries but at no point is the ark server sending anything back. 

Edit: I should mention I am playing on steam

I can get screenshots of ports, the server cmd, etc

I quite literally have no clue what to do or if, and it's incredibly likely, I'm being super dumb and missing something.

Edited by SquirrelPower
Title Edit/Info

• SquirrelPower changed the title to Server Not Responding or Showing Up At All!
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic