Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Well as the title reads 30% of the Community got 100% screwed over in the Extra life event and Wild Card thinks that 8 hour extension of it would resolve the issue.  Which is 100% BS literally 30% servers where either 100% down or online for small period then crash just to get 30min ROLLBACK, lets add the hour of downtime to restart server so there is hour and half lost from that alone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  The servers that are expecting said issues have lag and lag spikes so bad that its more like a rubber band game then ARK! But yet in WILDCARD Epic Wisdom they thought 8 hours would Comp those who where effected, 100% BS first you give the players who got 100% of event no issue 8 extra free hours to top out why the 30% got ruffle 6 hours TOTAL of event, the 8 hour extension is a JOKE.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Also the state of game at this point is still Trash, the game has been out for how many years now and its same BS bugs from day one clipping,  lost char in transfers, and not to include the 4 month waiting for Mod to fix issue which if game was done correctly wouldn't need be done.   Not to get off subject!                                                                                         An for you Trolls that I know are going to Chime in and put your 2 cents into the pot First off you dont matter I would say your part of the 90% that got over 24 hours of play time through event.  Lets also nip this one in tail to Ya was for Charity but when your giving a incentive to donate which some people did but got screwed over hell I could have donated to the charity straight off for at least a tax break.  But I was foolish to think that Wild Card could run a event like this correctly.                                                                                                 Lets Break this down into simple Terms dont offer a incentive for people to donate to charity if you can't provide what you offer which is 100% what happen here I donated over $300 bucks to get screwed I keep hearing people talk about how many gigas they got completely grown I start mine at start of event and they are still at 60% at the time of this post now please explain!!!  Like I siad I know its a charity not the point don't put that into the contest because i would have donated the money either way but just let Wild Card get a Tax Break with my money, I get other may have donated more but not the point we where promised something in return for donating through them.   Now you can say what you will but I know 100% that the others effected feel 100% same way we feel CHEATED!  AN THE BIG METAL SHAFT UP THE TAIL WITH NO LUB!!!!!   

Server performance always suffers during the extra life event. The servers are busier with more people online to benefit from the enhanced rates. People hatching thousands of eggs and growing large amounts of babies.

I had a set of unicorn babies born 3 times because of roll backs and missed an imprint on a basil due to this too. But that's just how things are.

It's a one off 24 hour once a year thing to try and help people facing real challenges. As such I don#t see it as part of what Wildcard offered when I bought the game so not subject to the same expectations on delivery, there will be problems and their team worked round the clock dealing with them.

perhaps roll with it a bit more, remember the good you have done with your donations and the difference it will make to those who benefit. Focus on the good the event will do for others and not the little disappointments it brought

Edited by Hemplethwaite

One of the devs addressed this in the discord, saying something along the lines of:

Your proposition to make up for the event that made the servers unplayable, is to extend the event that made the servers unplayable so they are unplayable for longer?

How does that help you? I'll give it to ya though, I feel your frustration of missing boosted rates. I play on unofficial so we didn't get that at all, anyway.

Edited by Fresiki

9 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

Imagine donate to get that extra breeding rate and then your server along with your char / creatures lock off the entire day , what a scam .

donation
/də(ʊ)ˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money.

charity
/ˈtʃarɪti/
noun
1. an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.
2. the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.

https://www.extra-life.org/

Please don't be serious :(

Edited by Fresiki

For all ARK ppl on official and partial on private servers was this weekend awful.

Since ARK has so many issues with performance we moved partial to private and spent the whole weekend on private.

Login into official was long time to possible and starts with the Extra Life event. Out Extinction(462) server crashed every hour once time for more than "some" minutes, with multiple rollbacks. Some allies lost their char during transfer from or to Extinction.

The Genesis(645) was not better, was a little more stable than Extinction but missions were not possible, ping was continuously by 255.

WC has my fullest respect for this event, but many players are disappointed and it is understandable

1 hour ago, Fresiki said:

Please don't be serious :(

And where do you think most charity org get most of theirs money from ? Via the donation of people hard earned money .

@ GP : Oh please . this is the cold hard truth , people anxiously waiting for the Extra life stream not because they are gonna see children play games , oh no , it is because of the extra breeding / gathering rate , most people when think of the Extra Life , THAT is the first thing pop up inside theirs head , many players here and on my server care more about that than the children , you can even see these threads complaining about the event and server stability , not a single thought for children . The extra rate is the driving force of the donation , try to remove it next year i dare you , just be a normal streaming in which you give money so the children can play more games and see if you guys can gather a large sum of money , i doubt people care to begin with .

Call me a cold heart person if you like , but that is the reality of the Extra Life streaming .

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic