Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Crashed more than 3 hrs ago, still no life signs or respons at all from server team. Should be a better way to rely information, this isnt working. I have eggs out and dont really like to sit and wait for HOURS on something that can be fixed soon (tm) or in a few weeks time, no info on even an estimate. Really frustating this.

7 hours ago, LingYun said:

Guys i really want to play ark official, majority of my friends play in it i currently play on legacy. Im not playing there because of the lag, how can i play without all this lag?

"Play without all this lag?"

Dont understand what your asking. Ark official without lag? Ive never heard heard of official without lag... 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, 2625723530 said:

@Joebl0w13

@lilpanda

At 1:00 a.m. on October 20th, Asia-PVE-TheCenter117 is crashed.To this day, I can't find this server.

Make sure to fill out this form:

https://ark.gg/outage

it’s the direct route to the server operations team. 

First of all, let me tell you guys, that pretty much all forms of contact have been tried with little to no effect:
-outage reports over the last 2 months
-private messages on discord
-twitter
-Bug reports(although without a proper cause for the issue probably not helpful)
So even though you are supposed to do outtage forms(which like I said have been done) I still made this post as sort of last hope to get again some attention on the issue and a potential fix for it.

So what is the issue?
PC server EU-PVP-Official-Valguero529 has been going down at least once or twice every day, on bad days even every 2 timers. This alone wouldn't be a issue, but after every crash the server rollbacks quite long times(roughly 15 min), making it pretty much impossible to travel anything in the server like characters since those just get deleted(probably up to 100 characters or more have been deleted by this over the period). It got to the point where people just use ark data to travel stuff out of the server so they can not lose their character, but this saddly doesn't save stuff that is beeing traveled into 529 from beeing lost and there is occasions where you need to travel the character(e.g. ascensions or farming of resources that don't exist that much on valg). The crashes are most of the time happening after dinos hatched, although it isn't some specific ones, so I am not sure if that is related, since lots of dinos are getting mated every day. Character restoring of devs also doesn't work too well anymore on 529, since it just happens often that the server crashes and rollbacks after it, so they need to make another appointment. And for anyone saying why don't we just switch server, well no other map is able to fit all the stuff that is on 529 + it would take weeks to travel all the stuff with constant character losing. As far as I know only 529 is effected, so it is probably not too high on the priority list of the dev team, but knowing that a new box didn't help probably means that it is somewhere a issue in the codeing meaning that potentially other servers might be effected aswell and so should be given a bit more priority

What has been done so far?
After some Twitter messages @Dollie managed to get the server moved to a new box, which at least reduced the number of crashes to only 1 or 2 per day, but now with the breeding event the crashes got again way more frequent, to sometimes again every few timers. This switch to a new box has been a few weeks ago though after that there has been no known effort of another fix for it. Some other devs also responded to PMS on discord telling that they will look into it, but that has also been some weeks ago, and since then haven't responded either.

Why did I make this thread?
I hope to get some awareness to get the server fixed since as I described above the server is just unplayable for the most and at the same time can save customer support a lot of time dealing with other peoples lost characters(roughly 100 lost characters with an appointment time of 30 min mean 50 hours worth of appointments and it just keeps increases and for everyone saying well then don't transfer, not that easy since you need to get stuff from other servers or too other servers). Maybe the proper people @lilpanda are also able to see this, however, I am sure from the hundreds of outage reports they should be aware at this point.

Hello,

This server is performing very bad lately. Almost every time there is a save it kicks the players and then you cant inmediately reconnect cause "there is a player from this account already connected".

I myself have reported it dozens of times thru ark.gg/outage, and right before leaving the server I asked in global and ppl told me they are reporting it a lot too.

This last time we were doing a purple OSD when the server kicked us. We though, OK, all players kicked, also the zone its in stasis but nope. As soon as we were able to reconnect we were dead, the 825 imprinted gigas were dead, all our quality tek gear was destroyed and as a bonus all the dinos in the zone did not despawn so when we were able to clean the area and escape with the stuff we could pickup the server kicked us again and another dino from the osd killed us again.

I think some can be learned from there:

1. Extinction 464 really needs attention. Do some clean up, move to other server, leave alone on the server it is. Something, but it is kicking everybody even with low population and I think it is because the required time to do a save is so insane and its bigger than the timeout set on the client.

2. The OSD should despawn with all the creatures if everybody around disconnect. I think it was behaving like that some time ago idk when changed.

3. The dinos should enter stasis faster, or the server detect the player been kicked and stasis the area, because I cant understand how the dinos where able to take on a 36k 124 saddle dino that fast while the area was theorically in stasis.

4. Its so pissing when the work of two weeks is destroyed that fast due to a failure on the server. Same for the repairs of all the tek we had. If the player is disconnected it shouldnt be visible for the dinos around, especially when the disconnect is not clean.

Please look whats going on extinction 464.

Edited by arkark

We need help on Valguero 529 because for the last 2 month (after WC said that they had done improvements to the servers) the server have dropped and rolled back to the last save. Some days are better then others but it happens every day that the server goes down and rolls back so people loose characters or are just stuck on 529. When I'm typing this the server rolls back to the same spot and has done for about 3h. It can go past a timer and still roll back to the same spot so 20min rollback. We have done 100's of Outage reports but not a single word from WC. We got in contact with them on twitter and got new hardware or ip adress but that have not fixed the issue. Is there any Dev that can look into this issue?

One of the servers I play on has been down for a few hours. It's really annoying because I had just bred a good batch of babbies and had been hand feeding them for about 20 mins. I ran an nmap scan againsy one of the server ports, and it's reporting back that half life is running on that port.  Is something goofy going on with the data center?

339 Battlemetrics.png

nmap scan Island 339.png

Server 339 is down. Multiple tickets have been filed with no response and are deleting posts about it. Where are the community managers, where are the GMs? How does this company expect to grow when 90% of their player base knows they don't care about there players. Event is active and babies are out and even with a server roll back I would have to sit next to the computer until its live to insure my hard earned babies don't die. I have a life ya know! I get it...Welcome to Ark, but this is sad. Out sourcing your server ports to crap company's like nitrado is hurting you guys more than anything else. Maybe can you just do something about this bs instead of just deleting my post?? At the very least, acknowledge the issue. Ffs.

This problem is not getting answered. This is a situation where there should be monitoring to tell that the server is down, and a script to automatically restart the server. It's not difficult, real companies do this everyday.

Don't know what your beef is, but if you're not part of the solution, you're just getting in the way of getting problems solved. You're just interfering with someone else's attempt to get the proper attention when the standard channels are not working. Don't be that person.

why have these people got control over something they clearly can't handle makes no sense if they cant do there job why on earth are they doing it lol madness this is not complaining as this won't solve much but still we all have to speak up n hope they might notice what people think of them as useless git day of work to relax n catch up on some things n woohooo what happens yup you guessed it nothing is happening 😉 

I gather you are saying WC are doing a poor job at something related to servers? Not completely sure as it seems english isnt your main language and you didnt get specific enough to understand exactly what your beef is. Yet I gotta say, they are in control of it cause they created it... Do you expect some other company to come in and steal their IP? They mess up all the time, in fact it feels nearly constant to many of us but that doesnt change the fact that this thread seems kinda pointless.

You guys doing a great work with content and stuff, but you really...i mean REALLY need to do something about the server stability. I ended up losing my high melee drake while i was gliding down to the red zone, along with great items in my inventory plus a 1.8k melee mana. Do you know how i lost them? Disconnected from the server like it happened thousands of times during every event and i fell inside the pink river, then tried to reconnect and the typical message poped up saying "there's already a player connected with this account". So much hard work is lost in matter of seconds. I love this game but i really think i've reached my limits of patience with the "Official" performance of the servers. The lag and the instability is unbearable and disgusting. Adding more content is indeed a great way to bring back players and make our gaming experience a bit better with new stuff and events. I hope this time you pay more attention to your server stability.

Well until next time. Keep up the good work creating content and hosting events (im not being sarcastic, i really like what you guys doing but we can live without events and contents for a while until you figure out a solution to the biggest burden of ark, the servers).

• Like 1

I just lost 5 tames due to the servers going down just now. I can’t believe it. I don’t know how to submit a ticket. I got 10 minutes to get off for maintenance when a timer on a loot crate is 15 minutes. So I go hide me and my buddy on a server we don’t stay on. Then get back on after the maintenance which it’s only been a hour and a half and he’s falling through the map with my rockdrake. My melago. And My gas bag. And guess where I am. Dead. I had a mana on me. They were all colors and beautiful leverls. Thanks ark I really appreciate it! Please contact me on how to submit a ticket please. 

Hi.

I'm not sure it Wildcard admins are aware that server EU-PVE-462 is unplayable. I get constant disconnects, lost 4 gigas and a skiff due to server crashes. This particular server has been offline for atleast a couple of hours every day. What do you intend to do about this? Is this working as intended? Am I the only one seeing this problem? I think not. Fix it!

br,

bysaRD

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic