Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

Incorrect. I know exactly what he is referring to. It happens every event as well, it is directly related to the hardware they use. Reduce server numbers and condense them, use higher quality hardware. This is their only title and they treat it like a stray cat. Most official servers are dead & connection issues is #1 complaint.

you are not helping the community this way. servers are running completely fine, communication with many servers is currently broken.

28 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

you are not helping the community this way. servers are running completely fine, communication with many servers is currently broken.

Servers are running fine? There is thousands of posts that have been merged into one post regarding the endless server connection issues. Not to mention all the ones on steam that are even more prevalent. Nice one bud.

47 minutes ago, Usuallyafk said:

Servers are running fine? There is thousands of posts that have been merged into one post regarding the endless server connection issues. Not to mention all the ones on steam that are even more prevalent. Nice one bud.

that was due to the breeding event which is now over, many of those servers have returned to normal.
now a completely new problem has started since last weekend and this thread is to make wildcard aware of it.
you bring up old problems and so you are not helping here at all.

Update for this issue on my end:

- I've updated all of my drivers and tested connections, but it is still happening

- This only appears to happen for me on servers with higher ping (i.e. servers in EU when I live in OC). My ping on OC and NA servers is usually below 60 so they run fine, whereas EU is usually around 100+ ping

Obviously my thought process here is that the communication issue is related to your distance from server

I am experiencing the issue exactly as @Mean2u444 has described. I am also in OC region and basically cannot play on EU servers due to insane rubber banding. 

It started 1 week ago. It's never been this bad before. Even the worst lag during events was nothing compared to this. It is seriously unplayable. 

I think it's network related because the server appears to tick away normally, eg my babies die exactly as expected while it takes 2 minutes to open their inventory. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whoareyou said:

I am experiencing the issue exactly as @Mean2u444 has described. I am also in OC region and basically cannot play on EU servers due to insane rubber banding. 

It started 1 week ago. It's never been this bad before. Even the worst lag during events was nothing compared to this. It is seriously unplayable. 

I think it's network related because the server appears to tick away normally, eg my babies die exactly as expected while it takes 2 minutes to open their inventory. 

Yep that's exactly the same as what I'm experiencing. Weirdly relieved that I'm not the only one experiencing it lol

Adding to this, mostly have gotten "unable to find address" error, I tried all i can from my end barring uninstall/reinstall. power-cycles xbox & modem, nat checks etc. all is fine works in any other game/service. Trying to connect to an EU-PVE Island sever.

Managed to get connected for 5 seconds, then I lost connection.

6 hours ago, Soulsmax said:

it's also like that, on the official pve servers PS4, I asked some people from other servers and they also said that this is unbearable to play, on the servers that game I can't get into and when I get in there is an elastic effect.  does anyone know what's going on

no idea. I've had my tribe mate in NA test it out and he was fine, every server region was below 60-70 ping for him. 

If anyone reading isn't experiencing this problem I'd recommend creating a Bob character on a server with high ping, see if we can confirm that's where the issue lies

17 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

that was due to the breeding event which is now over, many of those servers have returned to normal.
now a completely new problem has started since last weekend and this thread is to make wildcard aware of it.
you bring up old problems and so you are not helping here at all.

Unbelievably Incorrect.

My NA PVE servers, specifically my CI 854, Valguero 564, and to a lesser extent Rag servers 382 and 383 have all been experiencing repeated disconnections, as in it goes down, then it's up for a minute, then down again, rinse and repeat. Many believe someone could be duping, or maybe a DDOS attack, though not sure on that. On my Val 564 server there's been major problems with rubberbanding and insanely high ping as well. I've been hearing in discord that there are other NA servers experiencing the same problem, all starting up last week after the update.

I should add I'm in NA so these are our area servers, and also many of those reporting these problems on my discord server are also in the US. These are NA PVE PC servers having the problems.

Jesus same. My friends and I rent our own server on ps4. It's an unofficial PC and we can't even connect to the game 90% of the time. Each time I try connecting to the server it tells us all "Host Connection/Timed Out" and we have to restart the whole app and rejoin sometimes up to 8-10 times before ONE of us can join in. Ridiculous especially since we are paying for a server and each paid whatever amount to purchase the game. 

I don't understand how a game that's been out for years is still this buggy and bad. Makes for incredibly frustrating game nights for us all. Most of the time when we do get logged it like others have stated we just get stuck in the floors of our base for up to 5 minutes. Why do they not fix this sh*t?? 

Edited by JustinJ1214

33 minutes ago, JustinJ1214 said:

Jesus same. My friends and I rent our own server on ps4. It's an unofficial PC and we can't even connect to the game 90% of the time. Each time I try connecting to the server it tells us all "Host Connection/Timed Out" and we have to restart the whole app and rejoin sometimes up to 8-10 times before ONE of us can join in. Ridiculous especially since we are paying for a server and each paid whatever amount to purchase the game. 

I don't understand how a game that's been out for years is still this buggy and bad. Makes for incredibly frustrating game nights for us all. Most of the time when we do get logged it like others have stated we just get stuck in the floors of our base for up to 5 minutes. Why do they not fix this sh*t?? 

it has never been this bad in all these years, wildcard has reached an absolute low point.
we are a tribe of more then 100 players and all our official servers that we have bases on are not functioning, each person pumped over 100 euro into this game and we are all waiting for the servers to be restored.

21 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

The servers have literally never run "fine" since I started this game like 5 years ago

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

literally just started my first online experience, and this was exactly what I was experiencing.....thought it was normal. o.o

This particular connection issue isn't normal, but there's a flow of other bugs that tend to be common occurrences that people have basically just had to adapt to 

There appears to be multiple problems with multiple servers. Not only is there insane lag on them, but folks are getting black screens when they go to certain areas and are unable to log back into that server, and other servers are playing the roller coaster game of being up, then down, then up, rinse repeat. Tickets have been sent but very little action. Hello, WC, are you even home???

Edited by catnip

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic