Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

NA extinction 501 has been online but unable to connect since Sunday 11am PST.

Losing the babies I was raising is one thing, but what really is upsetting it the complete lack of statement or acknowledgement that something is wrong. 

If you were getting DDOS’d that’s understandable but knowing that would be nice. I can say for sure that we all expect a roll back to the moment this started since wasting time to raise stuff is pointless if this doesn’t get remedied. 

NA-PVE-Official-ScorchedEarth90  ----> Times Out when trying to connect.

Steam reads the server as unreachable, Battlemetrics reads the server as being Online and responds to query. However when trying to connect to SE90 .....Time Out.

Tried to connect direct from Steam server favorite list, and still nothing. SE90 for PC has been down unreachable since yesterday morning. I did submit an outage Ark report yesterday as well.

I've been trying for hours just to log back into my server - which appears in the list, then disappears, and has real bad lag, and when it does let you in it boots you immediately, and alll that jazz... yea you know the drill, I guess we are calling that behavior a ghosted server? Anyways I've been desperate to get back in because I had babies out, and now some of them are dead, though hopefully I got a few podded, idk if it will stick because clearly the server doesn't know so how am I to know? And now I've gotta go sleep soon. Gg hamster. gg.

Official Server Not found

After a recent update, I could not find NA734 Theisland PVE server again. However, the twin servers, which have the similar days 735 and 736, are easy to be found and normally open. Therefore, I want to know if this server has been deleted . If not, what is the schedule for reopening this server, since I have devoted so much in this server. 

• Like 1

Server rubber banding and connection losses

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue recently. I play on several EU PVE servers and the connection to them recently has been horrible; they'll rubber band to the point of being almost unplayable, drop connection completely, and not appear on my server list for a few minutes before coming back up. I'm playing in the OC region and have been on foregin servers for some time without issue until recently. Internet connection seems to be fine, and my only NA server doesn't appear to be effected. this is happening on all of my EU servers, which makes me think it's an issue only I am experiencing, but I can't find any troubles on my end. Anyone having a similar experience or any ideas to rectify it?

Thanks

TLDR: Yes.

Yeah we have always had horrific performance issues on official. Really popular unnoficial pvp servers like MTS run smooth af. I'm told that the hardware Wildcard chooses to use for official is just very poor quality. I just lost a max lvl character trying to transfer back to home server after waiting for the ping to calm down for an hour.

Edited by Usuallyafk

7 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

TLDR: Yes.

Yeah we have always had horrific performance issues on official. Really popular unnoficial pvp servers like MTS run smooth af. I'm told that the hardware Wildcard chooses to use for official is just very poor quality. I just lost a max lvl character trying to transfer back to home server after waiting for the ping to calm down for an hour.

no the op is talking about a new situation that started last weekend.
half the time the server is suffering from this lag, that feels like ddos.
moving around is impossible, areas take 5 minutes to render etc.
it is not the hardware fault, its some kind of communication problem.

2 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

I was going to call it ddos but stopped short because that doesn't usually last this long (that i've been aware of)

If it is a communication issue then I presume WC are aware of it and will fix it soon. Not going to hold my breath though, we all know what WC's track record with bug fixes looks like ?

16 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

Incorrect. I know exactly what he is referring to. It happens every event as well, it is directly related to the hardware they use. Reduce server numbers and condense them, use higher quality hardware. This is their only title and they treat it like a stray cat. Most official servers are dead & connection issues is #1 complaint.

Edited by Usuallyafk

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic