Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Server is under heavy dumping attacks. GM take a look, 200000 reports has already been sent by the whole server. Not gonna do a new report for poop 

Look at downtime history for 5 days.
18 crashes on 12th June. check the link https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/6497548/downtime

That dude has been banned once, need to be check by GM , each dumping crash there is, he is on. 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198378683000/

Also his 2 friends always here at dumping crash. 
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198416092838/

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198420109133/

Valguero713(ServerIssue)

Its been 3 days now and still nobody is able to connect to the server nor have we got any update on the matter, we have submitted multiple reports to address the issue and haven't heard anything about the issue being addressed from anyone.

We would like to know whats going on and if there is going to be a rollback for the server (to pick off where we left because we had juvenile dinos out)?

Ps - I have no problem logging into all other servers

Edited by Zahn

Its down again... I'm from another server. 2 minutes in the game I crashed and cant find this server any longer. I lost my character and my dino. I'm so happy to see this that this server actually exists. Knowing it's a known issue please fix this. I dont want to have to stay up for days refreshing this PAGE 

Edited by Coljay669

Pls Look WC - Servers Can't keep up w/ all the freebies

This is a positive thread, trying to help WC out to acknowledge they have to upgrade servers with the amount of new players. (I'm a loyal Steam player since alpha and just want to see at least some server stability, been through a lot but come on guys you can do it!!!)

This is NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland82's downtime since you introduced the free Epic Games version... Please see attached. The skinny is that is it up for 15 minutes, crashes, down for 30 minutes before a restart then the cycle continues. It is completely unplayable. Love ya WC but please do something about this. If you are going to increase the community you have to upgrade servers to be able to handle that amount of people playing... And this is not the only server with these issues... and yet my friends are playing on other island servers with no crashes that were recently upgraded so I know it is possible. Thank you for your understanding!!!!!!!!!!!

82downtime.png

Edited by xihphor
grammar

I don't understand exactly with epic players were added to legacy and official servers.

It seems to me WC should have created 2 new sets of servers. Epic only and steam/epic crossplay servers.

Have any of the epic PvP players survived long enough to actually want to play Ark? I am sure the current PvP players are taking this as an invasive and probably even forging new alliances.

I can't understand why this Epic roll-out had to coincide with an event. I do understand the need to have new blood and revenue, but the people who have supported the game for 5 years shouldn't have been shut out of their own servers by an influx of people who got the game for free.

Yesterday was a disaster, people lost eggs and babies because of the crashes and jammed servers. Epic users certainly had a bad experience and Steam users felt shafted. Our Island server is particularly welcoming to new players, we have a village for new players to get on their feet and a public hatchery and crafting area.

The village is gone, no idea what happened to it as the owner mains on another server. We had to lock down the hatchery and crafting area because the supplies and gasoline were stolen.

Everyone has piles of bodies in and around their bases, not to mention the trash tames inside of them. 

The longtime residents of the server had set out their eggs and babies early in the day to take advantage of the 3x buff. Huge, expensive undertakings like Tusos and latest and greatest stat dinos. By 9:00 AM EST the server was capped, the ping was pushing 350 and the chat was 65 people complaining about lag, "I can't place a campfire." and the abuse began to flow back and forth. Honestly, if we can't see you on Steam, we don't care. This was an invasion.

By the time the servers began collapsing we were all just trying to get our valuable stuff in cryo and the rubberbanding was so bad it took forever. I almost lost 3 anky babies that cost me 250k in dust. I lost some other stuff, but managed to save the high value dinos, but now we are worried the whole event will be like this. Most of us are planning on moving everything valuable to unaffected servers, but we're also wondering how to get it to obs since the server crashes are killing people on flyers. Birds are grounded and if you don't have the transmitter engram you are SOL.

TLDR: Epic launch killed the game, paying customers are pissed

Edited by Pazzo62
bad grammar

I also play on island 82 and put in a ticket. I would really like to at least see a response to the ticket, even if it's just "we read it and are looking into it".

I have about 20 dinos out for raising. Got each through 1st imprint. After that I have a 2 hour 15 minutes until next imprint timer shown. With the "3x" breeding I should be done by now with full imprint. Cant even cryo the dinos. If I do get on the server and manage to cryo them up, the the server crashes and rolls back 15 minutes and the cryo is undone.  Cant fill up troughs for same reason. These dinos are the result of breeding a single pair 1 a day for 10 days. 10 theris, and 10 rexes. Losing them wipes out the work done just getting the eggs. 

WC please respond to tickets. I'd be happy if there was just a splash screen message that read: "The servers are down and we are working on it"

Thank you

16 minutes ago, Gorhgorh said:

+10000000000000

servers are a mess, everybody is pissed off, newbee think the community is toxic, elder players are angry because of all the dino lost to bugs, the "event"' is unplayable ... 

but hey, WC needs cash, and we paied already so why care about us, right ?

I just can't see how this will create any new paid customers. The people from Epic are getting a terrible experience and the people who paid and pay again (gladly) resent having their servers destroyed. For the most part my interactions with the Epic people have been miserable. They're complaining, demanding help and free stuff and telling us to f ourselves because they're ruining gameplay. Actual conversation US: "Hey we're not handing out free stuff or helping anyone right now, we're losing years of hard work." THEM: "Get a life losers. We got a free game!"

30 minutes ago, OldManLogan said:

These dinos are the result of breeding a single pair 1 a day for 10 days. 10 theris, and 10 rexes. Losing them wipes out the work done just getting the eggs. 

I still don't get the logic of playing on servers where you think the normal rates are so bad you stock up on fertilized eggs for events. Especially when every event is a unstable mess.

15 minutes ago, Pazzo62 said:

I just can't see how this will create any new paid customers. The people from Epic are getting a terrible experience and the people who paid and pay again (gladly) resent having their servers destroyed. For the most part my interactions with the Epic people have been miserable. They're complaining, demanding help and free stuff and telling us to f ourselves because they're ruining gameplay. Actual conversation US: "Hey we're not handing out free stuff or helping anyone right now, we're losing years of hard work." THEM: "Get a life losers. We got a free game!"

The real question is how are the official paid DLC maps doing?

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I still don't get the logic of playing on servers where you think the normal rates are so bad you stock up on fertilized eggs for events. Especially when every event is a unstable mess.

Funnily enough I don't see the logic of you posting in this thread at all.

This thread isn't about why people play on official servers

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

The real question is how are the official paid DLC maps doing?

Well anecdotes are not data, but it looked like a mixed bag. The servers I frequent were definitely busier because everyone who could manage to get off Island servers did. I've restarted with a new character so I don't have a transmitter yet and server crashes were knocking us out of the sky. My plan today is to load up my inventory early and wait for the beacon next to my rollrat pen.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic