Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Network status healthy

How is this so when you have hundreds of ppl playing this game complaining about bugs and errors yet nothing been done about it,,,

I have lost characters I have lost dinos I have spent days trying to play the game without any luck .

Wild Card do you honestly know what your doing because I think your all a bunch of jokers ,,,,,

7 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

If the official servers numbers tanked, then things would change.

But people keep going back. Its psychological. 

Don't know about the others, but this is exactly whats happening to me.

It feels like I have spent a lot to buy a stock, and then it crashed. I simply cant make up the mind to sell it because I still had a little but of hope that it may come back to life.

I really wish I never knew this game exists

Edited by nameless

1 minute ago, nameless said:

Don't know about the others, but this is exactly whats happening to me.

It feels like I have spent a lot to buy a stock, and then it crashed. I simply cant make up the mind to sell it because I still had a little but of hope that it may come back to life.

For me, I knew upfront how much official servers sucks. 

I've played unofficial and single player most of the time and the experience has been excellent. Sure there are bugs and glitches but most can be overcome by good administration and a good community.

3 minutes ago, nameless said:

are unofficial servers also more unstable since Christmas?

Not really. Not at all like the reports from official servers. There have been a couple bad WC patches that caused issues. 

I've been running my own LAN server for a while now, and proper maintenance keeps the server running fine. 

Yes they are tracking analytics. Jat who works for wild card recently posted this: "A lot of the servers were already upgraded, we're just in the process of hitting ones that haven't been so far. As for recent server performance/stalls/crashing, we've been doing some monitoring over the past week and have made some improvements, and today's patch that's going out right now (310.5) has some additional data-gathering tools enabled for us to identify more of stalls & crashes, so hopefully we'll be able to get some good data and get some more fixes in."

51 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Yes they are tracking analytics. Jat who works for wild card recently posted this: "A lot of the servers were already upgraded, we're just in the process of hitting ones that haven't been so far. As for recent server performance/stalls/crashing, we've been doing some monitoring over the past week and have made some improvements, and today's patch that's going out right now (310.5) has some additional data-gathering tools enabled for us to identify more of stalls & crashes, so hopefully we'll be able to get some good data and get some more fixes in."

Outstanding, thank you,  I'm not sure how I missed that but I'm really happy to see it.    As for what I expect of Wildcard @Aylana314159 the truth is, I expect that they would be keeping an eye on things and making small updates and improvements as they can. There's no such thing as immediate gratification in development so there's no immediate gratification for players either. We just have to exercise patience and try to stay informed, the more we know about what is being done, the easier it is to remain patient which is what I've been trying to emphasize by most of my posts on these forums. Communication is going to keep people from grabbing the torches and pitchforks as quickly, and with tensions at an all time high due to this Covid disaster, we all could use a big dose of patience.

11 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

the truth is, I expect that they would be keeping an eye on things and making small updates and improvements as they can.

They have been, read the patchnotes.

There problem is that over time the server save files become unstable. Regular wipes are needed. Migrations to new clean server files is how some unofficial communities handle this.

Sure, we should patience these days considering the current circumstances around the world. 

But the thing is that horrible server and game performance has been a thing  for a very long time now, and they have said they will make things better before and it has turned out to be nothing but empty promises. Ark is one of the most sold survival titles of all time. They have made a ton of money on us, but instead of focusing on improving the performance they just keep pushing more dlc's and content, something that again just makes the game run even worse.

Can you think of a game title from another developer\publisher that would have gotten away with this?   If DICE, Ubisoft or activisionBlizzard had one of their titles running like this it would have been a full scale riot, with demands of immediate improvements.  But Wildcard has for 4+ years now been hiding behind the "we are a small\new studio" nonsense.

The fix is obvious.

Wildcard has to pay for better servers, and do a deep dive into their code and actually fix things. Something they apparently are not willing to do. 

Patience is fine, but as a player\customer that has bought several copies of the game and all the DLC's. It is now impossible, at least for me not to feel like WC is a greedy dodo company that does not give 2 dodos about any of us.
I love Ark but I will never ever buy another title from this company.

3 hours ago, Crazytheman30 said:

Ye the dc'ing is getting OLD :D I get dc every 20 mins on the save :D

today i was trying to work with my magmasaurs, decided to build a greenhouse while waiting for their food to drop,  consistant lag spikes every minute, desyncing so you couldn't interact with anything and had to reconnect on order to, and the real kicker, there were only 5 people on the server... only 5, everyone was experiencing it.  First day that i've ever seen less then 15 people on all my servers as well, less the 10 on all of them, im guessing the other servers were having like issues.

But hey at the server list it says "Network Status: Healthy" so... if this is healthy, just think what a unhealthy network would be in Wildcards eyes.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic