Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

On 4/30/2020 at 4:55 AM, CptChandler said:

eu-79 is basically not playable anymore. Kicking players every 10 minutes or so.  Since Homestead was released the server has just gotten worse every day. 

We have sent 100's of server outage reports, **** probably thousands over the last year alone.  Not a single word from anyone at WC or server hosts. 

You people at WildCard certainly work hard to make us not like this game.

@Cedric @Jatheish

now it is like hell... not even less than 5 min even in the early morning was only 4 ppl on but the still kicking, it is not about the server is full

Extinction493 is a mess still. Global disconnects, 255 ping and horrible lag every few minutes. For at least a week now. Was even worse before. Might be related to the increasing number of box tribes but the poor performance is there even after server restarts and with under 10 players at a time.

Outage reports did, like always, NOTHING! What a joke!

Edited by Oieru

Is there ever going to be a time when lag isn't a problem?

There's just something really wrong with this title when you log in and have to wait for the lag to clear up just to put your armor on and get your day started. For the past year or two, it seems like lag is a way of life and I can't help but wonder if there is ever going to be anything done to lessen latency?  When you think about all the time that goes missing on an average day playing Ark its nearly staggering. One of the major complaints I have for Genesis right now is the lag, when you are doing the slaloms and other missions that require you to follow a set path or be able to maneuver to complete missions I think it goes without saying that designs that require that should probably not be put in until after the stability of the servers and latency are addressed.  Nothing is more annoying than when you get 90% through the Rhino 500 or the Slalom and it lags causing you to fail the course miserably. In any case, I think honest feedback is all I can offer at this point.

NA-PVE-Official-Extinction454

I'm getting kicked from the server every eight minutes.  Even tho the server does not show any crashes.  It is literally unplayable.  Gaming pc all other servers run fine my internet is good been with ark survival for two years not a problem on my end yes I reported it on https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

Server Stability Tracking and analytics?

Out of morbid curiosity, are the servers generating reports to Wildcard or to the hosting companies when there are issues? I only ask because the server performance has been horrible on 3 of the 4 servers I haunt and especially on the Extinction server, its a recognizable pattern before it starts going from latency, rubberbanding and disconnects to losing it's configuration and/or hard crashing and staying down for an hour at a time.   It seems odd that these things haven't been recognized and that measures haven't been taken to mitigate the issues. 

I think at least for 458, it seems like the physical location of our server may be part of the issue, it seems to lose connection with Steam quite a bit thus defaulting the configuration and I suspect at this point that the only way we're going to see any resolution is a server migration.

• Thanks 1

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic