Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Jatheish said:

A lot of the servers were already upgraded, we're just in the process of hitting ones that haven't been so far. As for recent server performance/stalls/crashing, we've been doing some monitoring over the past week and have made some improvements, and today's patch that's going out right now (310.5) has some additional data-gathering tools enabled for us to identify more of stalls & crashes, so hopefully we'll be able to get some good data and get some more fixes in.

Can you chat at all about the fixes made for recent perf/stalls?  I have noticed some improvement when joining out server, used to timeout very often and require multiple rejoins in order to play.  But wondered if that was mere coincidence.  That and it seemed like some of the stalls when rendering in bases are better, mostly noticed it around greenhouse parts where it would stall every time when loading in someone's greenhouse.

20 hours ago, Jatheish said:

A lot of the servers were already upgraded, we're just in the process of hitting ones that haven't been so far. As for recent server performance/stalls/crashing, we've been doing some monitoring over the past week and have made some improvements, and today's patch that's going out right now (310.5) has some additional data-gathering tools enabled for us to identify more of stalls & crashes, so hopefully we'll be able to get some good data and get some more fixes in.

Nice to see u alive mate :D Good to hear from u .. Good good.. lets hope it will help .. 

Extinction 459 is still acting very strange. It does this weird limbo  for hours or days at a time where if you are allowed to even play it doesn't seem to register what you are doing, yet decay timers go up. Perhaps it's just rolling back so often that it seems like it's not registering? It boots everyone then one, two, maybe five people log in, but the lag is super bad, then it crashes some more. At this point all I'm trying to do is keep my stuff from decaying and the few dinos I have there fed. But since it rolls back me refreshing decay timers, or doesn't even register the action to begin with, cause I'm in a weird limbo state... I been loosing some of my outer pillars. Didn't really care about those, but it's frustrating to lose stuff when I'm here trying to keep my stuff and refreshing timers every other day sometimes, and after refreshing the decay timers I'm checking battle metrics to see if the player count remains high for a while, when it looks like the server is crapping out that is when I'll come back in a few days and do the refresh again. I'd rather have the server shut down completely than this limbo bs.

39 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Extinction 459 is still acting very strange. It does this weird limbo  for hours or days at a time where if you are allowed to even play it doesn't seem to register what you are doing, yet decay timers go up. Perhaps it's just rolling back so often that it seems like it's not registering? It boots everyone then one, two, maybe five people log in, but the lag is super bad, then it crashes some more. At this point all I'm trying to do is keep my stuff from decaying and the few dinos I have there fed. But since it rolls back me refreshing decay timers, or doesn't even register the action to begin with, cause I'm in a weird limbo state... I been loosing some of my outer pillars. Didn't really care about those, but it's frustrating to lose stuff when I'm here trying to keep my stuff and refreshing timers every other day sometimes, and after refreshing the decay timers I'm checking battle metrics to see if the player count remains high for a while, when it looks like the server is crapping out that is when I'll come back in a few days and do the refresh again. I'd rather have the server shut down completely than this limbo bs.

Agreed, I am considering just making a refresher character on this server just to keep our stuff from despawning so I can actually play. Already lost my lvl 134 character to this server. Can't get it back because I didn't have a screenshot of my implant. Who takes a screenshot of those implant and it's level unlocks? No one that hasn't already lost a character because they don't know it's required. Now I have to find someone who's doing a alpha Rockwell so I can get my levels back. Good luck with that.....no one runs that anymore.

Island 79 with 10 players rubberbands every 30 seconds. Server saves that last for 30-60 seconds or more. Flying is a to risky and doing anything is really not possible.

The performance is now so bad that this is no longer a working game.  Months and months of this now.

Hey Wildcard!  We gave you money, you gladly accepted. How about supporting your game and players\customers.

And just to add insult to injury you have this LIE stated that the "server network is healthy"   

Healthy!?   If this is healthy what does not healthy look like?

Edited by CptChandler
  • Thanks 1

PvP Smalltribes ddos

Hi,

we are playing on smalltribes servers official PS4 and facing ping 255 all the time (today 10 hours with breaks). Is this really what we are paying for? Servers are in constant lag (we tried more then one like six) and we are facing this issue on all servers we tried. Can anyone do here something? We also did some tickets to support. Which sent us an URL to the server admins. Where we sent ticket too. But so far no help or improvement. How we can achieve this? Should we move to some no-lag server? This is really not what I can imagine for paying money to PS plus paying money to the arc itself. 

I will be happy if someone from officials can give me an answer here  

On 4/29/2020 at 5:26 PM, Jatheish said:

have you looked at the changes that happened near Christmas event?
That was when all of this started. Before that there were crashes and disconnects on servers, but it was never as severe as it is today. On average, I encounter 1 crash/disconnect every 8 hours before last Christmas, and now I encounter 1 crash/disconnect every 0.3 hours.

PVE extinction 454 is practically un playable any more.  I can not get for more than a hour with out getting disconnected.   Can't do anything outside of the base without serious risk of a issue if it crashes while you are out. Really is unplayable.  I would move to another server but I fear they are all like this to some degree.

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic