Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, catnip said:

When I went to log into Ark today I found that my Rag server (NA-PVE-RAGNAROK382) was supposedly locked, it indicated that it was now PvP, and when I logged in, hitting accept at the password request, I found myself kicked out of my tribe.

That's not too uncommon and re-logging a few times usually put you back in your tribe. Did you try?

NA-PVE-OFFICIAL-RAGNAROK382 is messed up

NA-PVE-OFFICIAL-RAGNAROK382 is showing up on the log in screen as locked, and is marked as PVP. When you try to log in it asks for a password. Quite a few folks have mentioned this in our discord chat. They also mentioned that they were getting booted out every 5-10 minutes. The server is showing as online in battlemetrics but no more than 4 players have been on at any one time in the past 12+ hours.

A tribemate also mentioned that multiple servers have been experiencing the same problems.

HELP!!

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That's not too uncommon and re-logging a few times usually put you back in your tribe. Did you try?

Yep tried again, still kicked out, also can't seem to access my inventory. It flashes on but immediately disappears. I'm wondering if someone has hacked into that server and messed things up for the players already on there. I noticed on Battlemetrics that the number of players has dropped dramatically, and not because the server has been having problems and folks haven't been playing. Since about 7:30pm EST Sunday there hasn't been more than five players on the server. It's still technically online but nobody's able to play it.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, catnip said:

Yep tried again, still kicked out, also can't seem to access my inventory. It flashes on but immediately disappears. I'm wondering if someone has hacked into that server and messed things up for the players already on there. I noticed on Battlemetrics that the number of players has dropped dramatically, and not because the server has been having problems and folks haven't been playing. Since about 7:30pm EST Sunday there hasn't been more than five players on the server. It's still technically online but nobody's able to play it.

Nobody hacked it, that is just some networking issues between the server and steam master server. It really isn't that uncommon, I myself was kicked from my tribe multiple times, and other times I was not seeing the owner of structures at all and had my inventory flickering as well, etc. in the past. Re-logging usually fixes it when the networking get more stable. At least, it always did for me.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Nobody hacked it, that is just some networking issues between the server and steam master server. It really isn't that uncommon, I myself was kicked from my tribe multiple times, and other times I was not seeing the owner of structures at all and had my inventory flickering as well, etc. in the past. Re-logging usually fixes it when the networking get more stable. At least, it always did for me.

Well, lets hope that's the case. I'll check back a little later today and see where we stand. Still doesn't explain the PVP mode or the fact the server indicates being locked and requiring a password. That's why I posited the hacking notion. What you described with not seeing the owner and inventory flickering is EXACTLY what I"m experiencing!

Maybe they should rollback the server to sometime Sunday afternoon/evening when there wasn't these issues for folks logging in. 

I know things are probably crazy for WildCard right now. Good luck to all of them. Having to deal with all of this on top of a pandemic is daunting to say the least!

Edited by catnip

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, catnip said:

Still doesn't explain the PVP mode or the fact the server indicates being locked and requiring a password.

It does, actually. The info you see in the in-game browser is just the info queried from the steam master server. You receive info such as:

Spoiler

ALLOWDOWNLOADCHARS_I
ALLOWDOWNLOADITEMS_I
ANTICHEAT
APPID
BOTS
CLUSTERID_S
CUSTOMSERVERNAME_S
DAYTIME_S
DEDICATED
DESCRIPTION
GAMEMODE_S
LEGACY_I
MATCHTIMEOUT_F
MOD<X>_S
SERVERPASSWORD_B
SESSIONISPVE_I

If the query can't determine whether SESSIONISPVE is 1, then it will be defaulted to 0 and your browser will assume that server is PvP, etc. For the same reason third-party tools such as battlemetrics won't have accurate data because they also rely on what is publicly queryable, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

It does, actually. The info you see in the in-game browser is just the info queried from the steam master server. You receive info such as:

Reveal hidden contents

ALLOWDOWNLOADCHARS_I
ALLOWDOWNLOADITEMS_I
ANTICHEAT
APPID
BOTS
CLUSTERID_S
CUSTOMSERVERNAME_S
DAYTIME_S
DEDICATED
DESCRIPTION
GAMEMODE_S
LEGACY_I
MATCHTIMEOUT_F
MOD<X>_S
SERVERPASSWORD_B
SESSIONISPVE_I

If the query can't determine whether SESSIONISPVE is 1, then it will be defaulted to 0 and your browser will assume that server is PvP, etc. For the same reason third-party tools such as battlemetrics won't have accurate data because they also rely on what is publicly queryable, etc.

Huh, well that's good to know. Hope it's back to normal soon. It's been really awful on 382 this event. It's to the point that folks are leaving the server because they can't play.

2 hours ago, Hillock said:

Na-PVE-PS4Official-Ragnarok458

On the server we believe someone is cheating with duping causing server to have MASSIVE lag and disconnect a ton of people constantly pass couple days. What to do? We’ve reported the server constantly and nothing is being done /:

36 minutes ago, Hillock said:

Same here. Posted about it as well and filed report on the server yesterday and today.

We need help on Server 

11 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Nobody on the forums can help with down servers, lag issues, or problems in-game.  In order to get these things handled you have to put in a support ticket, the moderators are not sitting there next to Devs, Server Admins, or anyone else that could possibly help with the issue.

How do I do a support ticket? The link up above to report the server I did. I was only mentioning it bc it’s the forums.

1 minute ago, Hillock said:

How do I do a support ticket? The link up above to report the server I did. I was only mentioning it bc it’s the forums.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19p2_r2z9wyazMXiJIlFINw0M32WCoUkv039yemwR3lE/viewform

Alternatively, you can click home and scroll down, look on the right of the page, there's a nice report outage button. :)

Edited by Rio4201

14 hours ago, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

Keeping large number of dino out does not have the same affect as duping. Those whom i suspect have been around a long time and have been present during the major events where our stability failed and werent here for the two hours this morning when we didnt crash and as soon as they logged in, we crashed again. 

I was attempting to be discrete by asking who you were in PM. I did not think you would appreciate being asked in the public forums. We didnt have a conversation, let alone a sneaky one, let alone hide a sneaky one... but thank you for calling me a coward. 

Not your fault I hate the hell out of PM's.  It's a me thing.  I am Pirates.

The servers in Asia have been crashing for four months

More than four months!!! Asia PVE raganarok101 has been back in file for four months. The server disappears. Back in file! All the way back!! You can't access the server for several hours. Even if you do, you can play 15 minutes and get back to the server!! I'm going crazy!!! Can't play at all, the administrator of Asian server can't keep the normal operation of server at all!! We are so disappointed!! On behalf of the players of Asia PVE raganarok101 server, I hereby submit a complaint to ask ark company to deal with the server issue!!!
PS: other servers of Asiatic server have been bombed and returned, such as server 160

The server could not archive. The game content will be deleted automatically.

Edited by 1067

I just caught the event colored aqua pelag I have been looking for since the easter event started!  Four minutes ago.  Every crash gets a rollback to at least the last save.  The last server save was over eight minutes ago.    

Capture.png

It will be as if it never happened.  Such a super waste of gaming time.  

What do you want me to tell everyone who asks if they should buy Ark Survival?  This game is box to pay.  Your advertising is from the players already in the game.  I'm going to tell them the truth.  Someone else besides WC needs to make a game like ark.  If I log back in today and that pelag is gone I will never promote this game to anyone again.

Edited by Jemcrystal

NA PVE 717 is still down, almost 8 hours later.

This is happening pretty much every day now.

My rex babies will likely die and a whole pile off eggs will also hatch and die, and then some [][][][] will drag my body into the water and steal all the podded rexes I am carrying... because some of us, actually go to sleep, and can't always wait until 3 am until the server auto-reboots itself..  

Edited by Sausagedog85

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic