Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I think i n

9 minutes ago, kotada said:

All my Dino's killed

I was tody play in official several pc  Pve in valgerou map , and after I am going in fighting Boss Arena the server shutdown disconnected and after that l lose all my Dino's they in Arena were . That is not my fault i want advice from any one what can i do now to return them back .

I think I know your problem...

you have a couple hours to defeat the bosses and the server was still online during the crash, so the countdown was finished and all your dino’s died in the arena. I hope this helps?

Dupe 2 toons at the same time or what?

Well i hope i can xplain it as well,

1st. i have 4 bases, ( valg, SE, Ab and Gen) and 1 i have 2 toons lvled to 80 and 105, one live on genesis and another on valguero 
so, i mostly transfer stuff and dinos to one serv to another. maybe 2 times per day on this last event. cuz i breed on 1 and hunt on others, so today i got a strange bug or glitch,
between atleast 5  transfer i do today my character keep finally  1 on ab and other in gen , so then i get pregnant with my toon on ab. and i needed to transfer to Val for feed my babies then my transmiter dont let me go.. i try many times and relog too. but nothing happend. then i decided make it with my toon on genesis. i log out. log in again on gen and i was using my toon on genesis to transfer to val. but nothing happend to.., so then i get stuck 1 toon on gen and ohter on ab. i cant go out. i ask some friend and theys told me about a dupe.. but 2 characters at the same time? its so strange. so i hope someone can help me fix this. i am worried about.

All transfers down

All transfers on every small tribes server has gone down, what happens to people who live in their upload (such as myself) and you guys can't even return breed lines to us so it's a bit of a hassle and if this is for the duping bug then you could have given a bit of notification saying that upload would be down for like 48 hours or whatever so people would have everything on server.
This is a big yikes if your plan is to delete all uploads to assist in the rid of duped items/dinos

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Angelsurreal said:

Dupe 2 toons at the same time or what?

Well i hope i can xplain it as well,

1st. i have 4 bases, ( valg, SE, Ab and Gen) and 1 i have 2 toons lvled to 80 and 105, one live on genesis and another on valguero 
so, i mostly transfer stuff and dinos to one serv to another. maybe 2 times per day on this last event. cuz i breed on 1 and hunt on others, so today i got a strange bug or glitch,
between atleast 5  transfer i do today my character keep finally  1 on ab and other in gen , so then i get pregnant with my toon on ab. and i needed to transfer to Val for feed my babies then my transmiter dont let me go.. i try many times and relog too. but nothing happend. then i decided make it with my toon on genesis. i log out. log in again on gen and i was using my toon on genesis to transfer to val. but nothing happend to.., so then i get stuck 1 toon on gen and ohter on ab. i cant go out. i ask some friend and theys told me about a dupe.. but 2 characters at the same time? its so strange. so i hope someone can help me fix this. i am worried about.

This can happens due to networking issues and whatnot. Having multiple characters with the same ID on the official cluster can result into both of them being deleted. It is recommended to take the duped one to a server you never played on, commit suicide and then overwrite it by creating a new one.

This announcement is actually from twitter:

? We're deploying a dupe protection and prevention system to the Official PC PvP Network. This will result in removal of certain identified items along with the detection & removal of items moving forward. We will monitor this closely prior to rolling the system out to console.

Strangely enough, it seems to be affecting PVE servers as well, trying to get one of my alts off a EU server and back to an NA one, can't transfer.  I wonder if this isn't all inclusive, ie. PvE and PvP.

Just now, I can no longer see about 80% of the servers, and this site doesn't load w/out a vpn.  Last time, I had to verify files and found 7 files to fix which fixed the game.  The website myseriously fixed itself at the same time.  What the hell is going on?  I've never had this happen before and 2x w/in 3 days is not ok.

Edited by GrumpyBear

Servers not showing

I can not find any of the servers I have played. Join last played - nothing, my survivors - nothing, favorites - nothing, connect thru battle metrics say server is not responding. The odd thing is I can see a few of my regular servers in battle metrics, just can't get to them. Any help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This can happens due to networking issues and whatnot. Having multiple characters with the same ID on the official cluster can result into both of them being deleted. It is recommended to take the duped one to a server you never played on, commit suicide and then overwrite it by creating a new one.

This is the first time I've heard this recommendation.  I've heard warnings in the past to be careful or we could end up kicking our char out of the tribe and losing our stuff.  Glad to know the recommended method of purging.   BUt now , what's going on w/ the game files corrupting and not being able to find the servers on the network?

8 minutes ago, STEVEC said:

I am having the same issue can no longer connect to any servers that I have played on before, this is beyond frustrating.

this is happening to me as well i turned my game off when i notice transfers where offline to give it time to get back to normal and now i can even find the server

3 minutes ago, nelnaprivera said:

this is happening to me as well i turned my game off when i notice transfers where offline to give it time to get back to normal and now i can even find the server

someone suggested this to me the other day, validate your game files.  I did last time and it found 7 to fix and problem went away for 2 days... now i'm doing it all over again..

WC could save us hours by just posting the damn files in a little package that we could just swap out when it goes bad... faster than making us all wait hours for a game to revalidate over and over again. or just fix the game, i'll take either at this point.

Edited by GrumpyBear

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

someone suggested this to me the other day, validate your game files.  I did last time and it found 7 to fix and problem went away for 2 days... now i'm doing it all over again..

WC could save us hours by just posting the damn files in a little package that we could just swap out when it goes bad... faster than making us all wait hours for a game to revalidate over and over again. or just fix the game, i'll take either at this point.

Those files have no problem. They simply differs from the default ones shipped with the current version (such as your config files, that were modified locally, etc.), or are acquired dynamically through the webapi (such as the news displayed on the main menu, etc.). The fact it seemed to improve your transferring issues was more than likely a coincidence.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Those files have no problem. They simply differs from the default ones shipped with the current version (such as your config files, that were modified locally, etc.), or are acquired dynamically through the webapi (such as the news displayed on the main menu, etc.). The fact it seemed to improve your transferring issues was more than likely a coincidence.

well yes, when it's only 2 files it is just that.  That time though it fixed 7.  THis time though it went out again doing all the same things like somehow my isp was disconnected from all the NA servers and resources from WC including your website at the same time.  It maybe something else entirely, and it was just the passage of time that allowed to resolve itself.

Farcical official server outage

Every time, I just need to come here & vent. Closing in on 3,000hrs played, I've had waaay more than my money's worth, I know.

But still... my official server (popular, btw, with 30-50 players at all times) has a 90-day up-time of 49%

The server is down the majority of the day, every day. "Server outage" forms clearly aren't helping! Just got fantastic mutations on some pteras! Well, I say "just got", that was 4hrs ago when the server was last online. And rollbacks never happen, so my against-the-odds ptera babies are dead. It just sucks, y'know? To go through this every single day. To try, and to constantly, unreasonably, unforgivably lose your in-game progress to abysmal customer care. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic