Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Whether you agree with it or not, the forums is not even the place to report any of this to begin with. The official channel to report official server issues, be it a crash like some are reporting here, or clustering issues like you are, is the http://ark.gg/outage form (you have options for transfer disabled, etc.). This is the direct line that goes straight to the server management team for investigation. The fact your posts get buried here, won't change the output if you properly reported it at the right place. Pretty much like if you are reporting your car being stolen to a barber shop; it may eventually reach the police department and get investigated through word to mouth but you will have better results going directly to them.

Yes sir. I do know about the official outage reporting link. The first thing I did was report it there. 

Look man, I'm well aware that arguing with you or anyone else on this forum is not going to help resolve anything. I just wanted to state my concerns. I don't want to waste any more of your time or mine so I'm going to drop it.

Again, thanks for your reply.

7 minutes ago, Rayden said:

server 105 small tribes same thing made multipel tickes all i got for a answer whas not much ;) 

Yeah man, as far as I've been able to find it's the full range from 104 through 107. No word from anyone in the form of an email from my official report, reply to my tweets on Twitter nor reply to posts on these forums (aside from the volunteer mod moving posts and trying to explain why they did so).

It's dark times we live in, for the world and apparently for information relaying.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, DallanARK said:

So, then there's no point to this forum thread whatsoever?
Is this thread to 'discuss' the problem? The problem that we as players have no insight into the cause or solution to?
Don't get me wrong, reporting it in the outage form is absolutely the right thing to do, but what is the goal of this whole section of the forum if most of the posts are just thrown in a pile and handwaved away saying "everyone is just having issues, just live with it for now"?

I explained why the posts are being merged earlier:

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Before we started merging the threads into a mega one, people were just making a new thread for their own, then cycling all the others with "me too", "server y too", etc, etc.

It was encouraging spam and was getting out of control. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that servers issues can be frustrating. But having 186 threads (yes, that is the exact amount of threads that was merged here, without mentioning the posts that were split but not merged) wouldn't help in any way. At least now issues are all centralized here, rather than buried in unrelated threads discussing whatever I guess.

4 minutes ago, Errour said:

There are 39 pages of the problem, and still no official response from Wild Card? Things have gone from bad to worse. The most recent patch seems to have really had an adverse effect across all servers. Things were laggy. Now? They just do not work.

You're absolutely right. As with almost all games, indie or even AAA, communication is key. I have never seen a game with this little to basically no communication from the community managers, especially on a game of this scale.

Just simply letting us know someone is looking into it, gives some sort of relief and puts people more at ease, as they don't feel ignored. Everyone realizes this is just a game, but the community managers are on salary and are not just doing this for free. Most of us still work all day during coronavirus and look forward to unwinding on a game at night, logging in to find your server missing or just continuously crashing or 255 ping for a week now has no argument.

12 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is basically just a place to cry.

Is having a place for us to cry beneficial or detrimental? One could argue it's better than nothing, because it allows the player base to vent some steam, and not build up pressure. One could also argue that if wc never engages in this area it will foster a feeling like they just don't care. Idk.

Just now, sjskdjkfa said:

Is having a place for us to cry beneficial or detrimental? One could argue it's better than nothing, because it allows the player base to vent some steam, and not build up pressure. One could also argue that if wc never engages in this area it will foster a feeling like they just don't care. Idk.

I doubt this does much to actually resolve the underlying issues. But players getting to vent is probably a good thing.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:32 PM, Sativa420 said:

Add island 341 to the list, raise babies, tame? not happening. can't even farm meat or anything.

I'm not frustrating myself further with this fiasco. Have a nice event IF you can play it.

Ditto here - PVE TheIsland 341 hasbeen going down daily - Lost 3 giga eggs yesterday night when the server booted me about 8:30 pm CDT. This has been happening nightly about the same time. Was trying to get on at 5:45pm CDT and now the server is ALREADY down and will lose another 3 giga eggs. Please try to take care of this and find out whats happening!. Thanks Sativa, for the post.

59 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Some people looking to buy the game will check out reviews and the forums to get information about it. Keeping this thread on the front page, despite efforts to sink it, will help people who have not emotionally invested in the game find something better, or may even encourage whoever from Wildcard or Nitrado cares about their product to find out what's going on. At a minimum, this should serve as a warning to anyone looking for private hosting not to use Nitrado's services (You can find the hosting provider by using a geolocator on the server IP), and will hopefully encourage Wildcard to solve the problem before people stop playing and the game stops selling.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

:cappa:

PC Server Island PvE 199 crashing everyday, today still offline more than 5 hours and previous time it's was been 5-6 hours offline too server can't automaticlly start again after crashing. Also high ping 150-200. Can you please say it to devs that they checkout the server machine and server. Thanks

image.thumb.png.9769daccecf8f3a131bcbb7cf076de2d.png

Edited by Sleiva

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Whether you agree with it or not, the forums is not even the place to report any of this to begin with. The official channel to report official server issues, be it a crash like some are reporting here, or clustering issues like you are, is the http://ark.gg/outage form (you have options for transfer disabled, etc.). This is the direct line that goes straight to the server management team for investigation. The fact your posts get buried here, won't change the output if you properly reported it at the right place. Pretty much like if you are reporting your car being stolen to a barber shop; it may eventually reach the police department and get investigated through word to mouth but you will have better results going directly to them.

Pretty sure lots have reported but no one has heard any response about the issues. I know a large chunk of Small Tribes 107 has reported transfer troubles and no one is getting a response and no announcements have been made on the matter anywhere. Guess most people would at least like to know that the problem is acknowledged. 

• Like 2

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic