Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

Hey why don't you ever do anything about dupers crashing servers?

Server NA39 has for sure being down for a cumulative 24 hours minimum in the past week, and everyone on there knows it's because some twat is duping.  Every single time, I post in here about it.  What exactly do you guys do to earn your pay, again?

Would like investigations into server cap pve to find out who is not cryo'ing their dinos.  No one should have 500 dinos out.  Rumors are being spread that dino platforms, rafts, and dein eggs lead to high server count.  It doesn't matter that my server has crashed we are at max dino count so couldn't even play the game anyway.  If a server goes into max dino count it should automatically instigate an investigation and warning should be sent to offenders.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TigrisGera said:

Can someone explain this new server status please?

Just saw it in a previous post and checked battlemetrics for the servers that I play on and found them with that same status.

That is is a third-party website that just regularly query Steam Master Server and mark them as dead if they didn't respond for a set period of time. This is an unofficial tool, that just tell you the server has been down for a while.

• Thanks 1

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland344 is down now more than 24 hours. Second time in 2 weeks.
I know, now is Easter, but WC know that event is on, and peoples are mostly at home.

Why can't you resolve the problems?

I see the message, what @invincibleqc pinned to the top. But how many time need I report the outage till you start work on it? And why don't you post some message, that you know about it, and working on?

Sadly not too long time ago I lost my home (PrimitivePVE477). After a short brake, I started over on 344. Exactly 7 days ago, I decided, to move from 344, to an other map. But I can't cos' all the lags and the server crashes prevent me to do that. All the building material for my new base was crafted, and built the new one. All the equpment is crafted, need to move that, and all of my 50 (mostly untility) dinos. I tought, in this weekend I should leave 344. But no. My character is unreachable, my things too.

You made me a free day... Sadly I didn't asked. From tomorrow, I have to work again, so what I wanted to do yesterday, that will last for about 3 days. Thanks again.

Screenshot_2020-04-13 EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland344 - (v310 19) Downtime History - BattleMetrics(1).png

Screenshot_2020-04-13 EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland344 - (v310 19) Downtime History - BattleMetrics.png

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Madaj said:

I see the message, what @invincibleqc pinned to the top. But how many time need I report the outage till you start work on it? And why don't you post some message, that you know about it, and working on?

Just step back for a second. With everything that is going on in the world right now, they are probably understaffed and do the best they can as fast as they can with the resource they currently have. Give them a break.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcYURN4Nfep6lDZPORPWc

• Like 1

Sorry for saying that but I don't think that 8 hours is not enough to fix max 10-12 servers which is down more than 12 hours.

Of course, it's virus time, and Easter, but hey, technicians on duty are paid to solve problems. Where I work, if we know that we should have more problem as normal, we call in more people to resolve the problems, when those happen.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Just step back for a second. With everything that is going on in the world right now, they are probably understaffed and do the best they can as fast as they can with the resource they currently have. Give them a break.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcYURN4Nfep6lDZPORPWc

While we appreciate your efforts at moderation, I think the frustration many people are expressing here comes down to a few things:

1 - The increasing frequency of the crashes

2 -The lack of communication about the underlying issues

3 - The inability to keep \ maintain game progress after crashes

4 - The fact that apparently the forum moderators don't even get a briefing about the issues and can't post summaries

Whatever the technical problem is, it's resolvable. If there's a DDOS issue because people are duping (as suggested by a previous poster), start banning IP ranges, or use a reverse proxy. Using the pandemic as an excuse for the server outages is not the best excuse - online entertainment is seeing a big upswing in profits, steam is selling a lot of games, and this is a critical time for service stability as online entertainment in general is seeing rising profits. It should not be hard to get staff aug for the server room, basic IT skillsets are not hard to find. Asking us to wait patiently, while there is no communication back to the end user is not an effective strategy. It's simply going to increase frustration, which will in turn lower sales.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

That is is a third-party website that just regularly query Steam Master Server and mark them as dead if they didn't respond for a set period of time. This is an unofficial tool, that just tell you the server has been down for a while.

I find what you are saying  odd … with the header of this form stating  that we should be using the "proper " form to report server outages . This is where it gets odd .  As you state it 's a third party , unofficial tool .  Kind of  like it's validity is being down played and it not important.  

If you do some  digging you'll find as one of items mentioned to use in the trouble shooting guilds for tech support. It also points to using this product / software as a way to decide if you in fact need to put in a server outage report. 

Currently it's the only way to get some sort of information letting us know when we should be trying to get back on to our servers.  

10 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

You mistaking official servers for the game itself. While the game does have bugs and issues, overall the game is fine. Otherwise everyone would be complaining, not just official players.

It could be Nitrado, but only 1 unofficial Nitrado player posted that there were issues.

Its the game its the damn poopty game im talking about Im not mistaking the game for a server. You pay for the game, you also pay for the contracts they have with server hosts to play on their official servers. They find it better to pay the budget crack price for the cheap ass servers that should handle 70 players but lags out even at 30. We pay the full price and get poop when we want to play on the officials. Game optimalisation is crap for the servers, buildsnappoints, placing etc all messed up, bad meshing, duping, bad scripting all over. Bases with some decent foundation have to consist of thousands and thousands of different items with different models even within the same "itemtype" which are all made terrible seperated from other models cracking everything up. Looks like this game is made by school dropouts there is like 0 unification within the whole company in every aspect.

• Thanks 1

An information to all, maybe useful in a way.

As I read different posts on this thread and some mentioning that their servers were turned to unofficial (astonishing) I decided to make a search using the Unofficial option.

The servers that I play on according to Battle metrics still have that DEAD STATUS, so I chose to change the search parameters: selection Official Servers as the option because they didn't show up on my favourite list. A ragnarok server that I play on popped up after a while, was able to do basic stuff (feeding dinos and check structures) don't recommend anything else with the crashes and lag. Trying to exit the game to try with a Valguero server search but I'm still in the freaking black window with the crappy "pa pa pa pam" music.

While searching for your server, select Official Servers and place only the number, nothing else. Maybe your server shows up and you don't lose your items and dinos, at least for now.

Will let you know if the same happens with my Valguero server.

PD: It worked too, the server showed up as if nothing happened. On the Search bar type just then umber of your server, choose the respective map on the MAPS option and as part of the search select OFFICIAL SERVERS. (Don't know why, but both servers that the DEAD status on battle metrics are online and normal as of now and lost the "Favourite" tag I gave them.)

Obviously this is not a long term solution, we must keep demanding a real tech support and server maintenance.

Edited by TigrisGera

If this is a problem with server load and player count, then why are servers continually crashing and going down with 10-20 players online? I've seen servers crashing with less than 10 players on a regular basis. 

The argument that this is increased player numbers causing the crashes is preposterous in many cases, and plausible in others. 

Edited by Swordguy
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, TigrisGera said:

The servers that I play on according to Battle metrics still have that DEAD STATUS, so I chose to change the search parameters: selection Official Servers as the option because they didn't show up on my favourite list. A ragnarok server that I play on popped up after a while, was able to do basic stuff (feeding dinos and check structures) don't recommend anything else with the crashes and lag.

Check its IP (or query port) and it most likely changed (possibly was moved to a difference machine, etc.).

4 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Servers changing from official to unofficial? How? This is crazy. Wild card musta pissed off some hacker or something lol.

That's common when a server is experiencing networking issues. If the official flag can't be resolved from steamworks, then the in-game browser default it to false.

Just returned to the game a little then a month ago and up to 80 or dinos on LEGACY-The-EU-PVE-OfficialServer265 which was the same server I used back in early access. Server worked fine first couple of weeks with a steady degradation in the last two weeks culminating in a 24H offline followed by 14+ hours where no one could log in...and now we too have this 27+H offline...no word or anything. 

34 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Looks like this game is made by school dropouts there is like 0 unification within the whole company in every aspect.

I agree with this statement. Lack of PR, lack of project management or software development strategies. Ark as a game is a great idea, but bad implementation. The devs are novices and it shows. This is why I've never expected much from official servers.

The problem is the neglect with the players, that is lack of communication, this attitude of the administrators with the players is unacceptable, we are the ones who pay for the game, dlcs .... etc
This game is not free, it is paid! Technical problems happen in any game ... but leave us here, trying to imagine what is happening, this is a lack of respect, the corona virus killed everyone ??? can anyone come here and explain what is happening?
Is the problem the virus? if so! why doesn't someone come here to inform us?

1 hour ago, SunsetErosion said:

Its the game its the damn poopty game im talking about Im not mistaking the game for a server. You pay for the game, you also pay for the contracts they have with server hosts to play on their official servers. They find it better to pay the budget crack price for the cheap ass servers that should handle 70 players but lags out even at 30. We pay the full price and get poop when we want to play on the officials. Game optimalisation is crap for the servers, buildsnappoints, placing etc all messed up, bad meshing, duping, bad scripting all over. Bases with some decent foundation have to consist of thousands and thousands of different items with different models even within the same "itemtype" which are all made terrible seperated from other models cracking everything up. Looks like this game is made by school dropouts there is like 0 unification within the whole company in every aspect.

False. You paid for the game not servers.

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Proven fact? The only argument you brought on the table to back your duping claims are lags and server instability. To then use that reached argument to point at a specific race. Lags != duping. Don't pull the "I'm not racist because I have friends" card. You are just feeding the "chinese are dupers" stereotype, which in itself is racist in my book.

Seen the dinos, seen them duping, they even admitted it in global.  Not an excuse, fact. Don't call me a frickin' racist. I hate everyone equally.

Since we're measuring e-peens at the moment, I'm a disabled developer and IT professional with over 20 years of experience in hardware repair, engineering and programming, i also spent the last 7 of my working years as an o365/Exchange administrator.  I think I'm more than qualified to recognize patterns and use deductive reasoning to determine when someone is causing an unnecessary draw on the server resources.  It also stands to assume that since these things don't happen until a certain tribe logs in, and this said tribe has their duped items on display outside one of the 5 giant mega bases they've constructed, that it narrows things down even further.   Please don't turn me into a racist, I'm probably old enough to be your father and have worked with enough faces from different places over the years to find that highly insulting and implicitly inaccurate.  Volunteer moderator or not, it's not your place or your right to call anyone, myself included a racist.

As an after-thought,  sure this particular tribe is Chinese, are they the only tribe doing it? No. There's Thai and a few other European tribes out there doing it as well, i know of 2 on our extinction server and 1 on our Val server.  However, because the Chinese gamers are allowed to hide behind anonymity through use of Government controlled firewalls, they are also allowed to abuse the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.  Granted, they aren't the only ones able to do that, there's quite a few that are getting away with it.  Again, I don't hate anyone, I hate that they are able to get away with this and that Wildcard isn't taking down these seller sites and enforcing their CoC. 

Edited by Rio4201
  • Thanks 3

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic