Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

@Joebl0w13 do we have any official information what they are doing about this? would be great to let us know whats happening

Server crashes & mass dissconnects

please dont merge this post with the server instabillity post

im just curious are wildcard looking at the crash logs and the problems with mass dissconnects during these events and are they planning on trying to fix server stabillity is there a team currently working on this stuff? because this is effecting the future of ark having a horrible time during any official ark event would prefer if it just stayed 1x had alot less problems these back to back events during korona has just made the game alot less unstable 90% of servers crashing alot of players loseing characters

just wondering what is being done about this?

Edited by Joebl0w13

my tribe have bases on 8 servers, one for each map.  The island, SE, the Centre,  Rag, Aberration, Extinction,Val, and Genesis.

4 of the 8 servers are down

I have 3 chars, a main, an alt and a crafter. All on servers that are currently offline. So no play for me today. 

It's Easter weekend which means a 4 day weekend holiday here,  I expect they have the same in Germany. That means at best a skeleton staff at Nitrado. If the issue is hardware and requires manual intervention then it's probably not going to happen before tomorrow. 

continue to report issues, but show some chill too 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

I know Joe, but you and I both know, submitting a ticket is gonna result in one of two ways. 1. Canned response and closure.  2. Closure with no response.   It sucks. :/

Because it has nothing to do with duping. Servers simply can't handle the amount of players combined with the increased rates of the event, that's it. In the past weeks, amount of player connected at all time doubled. Since you are also connected to a server, and contribute to its lag, you must be duping too, right? What suck is the ignorance of people making borderline racist comments because they have no clue of what they are talking about.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Because it has nothing to do with duping. Servers simply can't handle the amount of players combined with the increased rates of the event, that's it. In the past weeks, amount of player connected at all time doubled. Since you are also connected to a server, and contribute to its lag, you must be duping too, right? What suck is the ignorance of people making borderline racist comments because they have no clue of what they are talking about.

Actually we are both right,  the duping is happening it's proven, it is fact, and it is happening at this very moment on our server. It's not racist, it's not hate filled banter to instill rioting, I have friends of just about every nationality, I game with dozens of people from all over the world.  This is simply truth being spoken.  However you are right as well, the servers are having a hard time keeping up with the changes in technology, I've said for years as an IT professional that you can't keep piling new tech into old machines and expect it to run like a more modern hardware setup. It's just blatantly obvious in Ark.  

P.S - What's really funny is, some of my Chinese friends who play agree with me, they think it's messed up as well. lolol.

Edited by Rio4201

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

it's proven, it is fact

Proven fact? The only argument you brought on the table to back your duping claims are lags and server instability. To then use that reached argument to point at a specific race. Lags != duping. Don't pull the "I'm not racist because I have friends" card. You are just feeding the "chinese are dupers" stereotype, which in itself is racist in my book.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Proven fact? The only argument you brought on the table to back your duping claims are lags and server instability. To then use that reached argument to point at a specific race. Lags != duping. Don't pull the "I'm not racist because I have friends" card. You are just feeding the "chinese are dupers" stereotype, which in itself is racist in my book.

Totally true, that's the excuse many players use to explain "what's wrong with the game right now"

• Like 1

My tribe mate is having this exact problem on PS4 ark server on Scorched Earth 468 when he is trying to transfer to Island 473. He let the game sit after it wouldn't let him do so last night and came back this morning and is still not able too.

Update: told my tribe mate to do what was suggested here. It was duped. His character was on the island as well as 468. It treated the one on the island as a new character so it deleted his character from tribe.

Edited by LelouchKitty

Legacy-PVE-Ragnarok15 Transfers NOT working (6 days and going)

It has now been 6 days that transfers have been not working on Legacy Ragnarok 15 PVE. After sending in a support ticket with no response for days and after reporting the server on the website to report servers that are down, I will now make a forum post. I even tried to go onto the ark discord and submit my problem to the admins there, and had told them that I had already made a support ticket. However, their response was to make a support ticket. I will now try to make a forum post to see if this issue will be addressed. Now the problem is when you go to a obelisk, or a tek transmitter to try to transfer off this server, nothing happens for minutes. After a couple of minutes the error message to pops up. This error message says "Failed. Was unable to Upload character for transfer, please try again later". I will post a photo of the error message as well. Originally I thought it was like this for all the legacy servers. However I tried making a new character on Legacy-PVE-Ragnarok14 and I was able to transfer to an island server right away with no bugs. As well I have talked to other residents on the ragnarok 15 server and they have all had the same issue as me for not being able to transfer. I also had my friend try to transfer off the server to see if it affected him and he had the same result. I am posting this to hope that the issue is addressed soon. As it has already been 6 days now, I hope that it does not go on long enough for despawn timers to wipe bases that the residents of rag15 have on other maps. Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Ark Failed transfer image.jpg

NA-OffilineRaidProtection-TheCenter-CrossArk 6 (Status Dead) ???

Dear friends and ark administrators, on April 10 the server (NA-OffilineRaidProtection-TheCenter-CrossArk 6) stopped working and the nerver returned from there, everyone who plays on this server cannot login. My char and my base is there and the server status is saying "Dead" without any warning !!! everyone who plays this server lost a lot of time involving char, genetics and base. please give attention to the solution of this case and the restoration of the server. Thanks for the attetion.

server list.png

Server status Thecenter.png

How do i get in touch with someone that can help me solve my poroblems with ark.

I have had a problem of not being able to find the server i play on. i have tried to submit a request and fill out a form that the server is down but have goten no feedback at all. i would like to know how i can get in touch with someone that can solve my issue. This has been going on for 4 days now and i woukd like to know how to solve my problem.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic